Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know theres a world outside of NT but if this thread is indication the hype isn't as bad as the other AJ1's w/ N/A on them . Let's hope it stays that way. Torp's are the new hype magnet so I expect that to deflect some attention away from these ... Or maybe it's just wishful thinking
i can see this as, all the hypebeasts will be on those 4s. caught a pair of fakes already on feet at the movies last night. straight looked orange too 

I know theres a world outside of NT but if this thread is indication the hype isn't as bad as the other AJ1's w/ N/A on them . Let's hope it stays that way. Torp's are the new hype magnet so I expect that to deflect some attention away from these ... Or maybe it's just wishful thinking

It's a little of both. These Nike air 1's are getting more popular with each release but the difficulty in obtaining them turns some away. Add to that this being one of the more mysterious/unknown of the OG colorways and you'll most likely have the purists after these on a RD where you have a more "eye-catching" shoe releasing in a more popular air Jordan model.............lmfao I almost made myself believe that. Nah man these will be hyped just cause that's the trend now. Get you spiked bats ready people

Last edited:
It's a little of both. These Nike air 1's are getting more popular with each release but the difficulty in obtaining them turns some away. Add to that this being one of the more mysterious/unknown of the OG colorways and you'll most likely have the purists after these on a RD where you have a more "eye-catching" shoe releasing in a more popular air Jordan model.............lmfao I almost made myself believe that. Nah man these will be hyped just cause that's the trend now. Get you spiked bats ready people

True but I could I honestly see these flying under the radar a bit (doesn't mean they will sit or won't sell out ) because the colorway isn't like you said a very popular colorway or well known with the youngn's.. If you notice all the be sides a celeb wearing these all over twitter , the bright color shoe releases is what get these kids attention now ... never see so much volt , teal , and fruity colors in my life lol

will get for the simple fact that i sold the 09 release like a dummy
And those had better materials, I slept when they were super cheap.
mean.gif
the only place that got them in my area was Mr Alans and they almost never have sales, but they were only 100 when they released then, sold them for 150 because i needed textbooks only to find out that we never used the book in the course o_O

I can't wait for these. Never can have enough grey kicks in a collection because they pretty much go with everything you wear.

I just don't know if I trust these pictures. The way the light grey/white parts of the shoe look against the stark white background, the shadow under the toe hardly existing and the non HD/filtered look of the picture...a lot of things about these pics just feel like royals or something with the colors sucked out of the pic and all the settings and editing messed with. Compared to other official release pics that show the OG 1's in the same angle and setup, these jus look cheap and not right. I wasnt expecting the grey to be so drawn out and light.

I messed with the official pics of the royals with a cheap little app like pic stitch and got pretty close to this. Not saying none of the info is legit or anything like that. I just am suspicious of this specific set of pictures we have here....

Last edited:
I just don't know if I trust these pictures. The way the light grey/white parts of the shoe look against the stark white background, the shadow under the toe hardly existing and the non HD/filtered look of the picture...a lot of things about these pics just feel like royals or something with the colors sucked out of the pic and all the settings and editing messed with. Compared to other official release pics that show the OG 1's in the same angle and setup, these jus look cheap and not right. I wasnt expecting the grey to be so drawn out and light.

I messed with the official pics of the royals with a cheap little app like pic stitch and got pretty close to this. Not saying none of the info is legit or anything like that. I just am suspicious of this specific set of pictures we have here....
Agreed but I think they used the black toes.  Missed a spot on the bottom too...
grin.gif

That pic is definitely photoshopped, no doubt about it.

The leather does look quite buttery but I think these are gonna have between royal and black toe leather but we are gonna have to wait and see

PS'ed or not they're releasing either way. The question is whether the july 13th release date holds up :nerd:

Last edited:
Hopefully these don't end up like the Royals did. People got on them @ the very last minute. It was crazy smh. I'm already hearing folk around the way calling these the Spurs CW.....
mean.gif
 Goodluck tho to everyone who seriously been waiting for these

pimp.gif

1's have definitely overshadowed 5's this year. I wonder when JB will give us Chicago 1's with NA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom