Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, even if they weren't DS they withstand time better then a 1. Have had them in hand, they're not that much different then a Jordan 3 construction. Polyurethane midsoles will crumble regardless.

Like I said, I coulda sworn I read on this site awhile back that Nike did something a few years ago to improve that midsole that would make them not crack, at least not as quickly.

Could be wrong tho.

1's will obviously out last them tho, you're right. It's one of the reasons I was willing to pay so much for my '85 black toes. Cuz I can wear them with no dambs given (the collar leather doesn't even chip on them like all the other OG 1's, it was made differently).

Ok, even if they weren't DS they withstand time better then a 1. Have had them in hand, they're not that much different then a Jordan 3 construction. Polyurethane midsoles will crumble regardless.

Like I said, I coulda sworn I read on this site awhile back that Nike did something a few years ago to improve that midsole that would make them not crack, at least not as quickly.

Could be wrong tho.

1's will obviously out last them tho, you're right. It's one of the reasons I was willing to pay so much for my '85 black toes. Cuz I can wear them with no dambs given (the collar leather doesn't even chip on them like all the other OG 1's, it was made differently).

Your right. But like you said they're both neck to neck. It's up to the persons interest to see which is more valuable.

Cracking of paint and crumbling of the material are two separate issues. JB midsole paint is better than it was. Far from perfect but worlds better than they were for awhile. But that's just paint and anyone can spend a half hour and repaint their midsoles. There's no fixing a midsole that's falling apart.

Cracking of paint and crumbling of the material are two separate issues. JB midsole paint is better than it was. Far from perfect but worlds better than they were for awhile. But that's just paint and anyone can spend a half hour and repaint their midsoles. There's no fixing a midsole that's falling apart.

That's not what I was talking about. I was reading up on sole swapping a couple years ago and a guy was saying some time in the mid 2000's Nike made changes so that midsoles on 3's and 4's wouldn't crumble / fall apart / crack (it usually starts at the air bubble), like they used to.

And I don't know about the paint being that much better. I'm about to sell or trade off my true blues from a couple years ago cuz I heard the paint cracks / peels right off.

I've worn my TB3's 10-15 times and they still look brand new in every way. Still think those were the best of the 2011 releases. Not a bit of paint cracking or peeling on mine. Only the small white paint has cracked on my BC3's.

Nearly had one for $450 VNDS and then he backed out :smh: I guess he realized he was gonna take an "L" :lol:

#thehuntcontinues

Scenario:

My VNDS Banneds missing one white lace for DS Doernbecher 3s....kinda feels like I'm taking the L if I go through with this IMO. I barely wear Banneds though and plan to put my 2013s into rotation as I like the true nylon tongue of the 2013s. Opinions?

Scenario:

My VNDS Banneds missing one white lace for DS Doernbecher 3s....kinda feels like I'm taking the L if I go through with this IMO. I barely wear Banneds though and plan to put my 2013s into rotation as I like the true nylon tongue of the 2013s. Opinions?

Well since you're asking for opinions....IMO, the Doernbecher 3's are garbage.

I'm a mostly "OG colorway only" guy. Actually 99.9% of the time.

Black/Red 1's are timeless, and Banned opportunities don't come around too often. Those 3's are for the kids/teenagers (pun intended).

Last edited:
Scenario:

if you plan on wearing the db 3 the yellowing on sole is pretty bad after a few wears

Been skimming this thread so I definitely might have missed it but were replicas ever made of this shoe?  I haven't really seen anything indicating that they are out there.

Been skimming this thread so I definitely might have missed it but were replicas ever made of this shoe?  I haven't really seen anything indicating that they are out there.
I've never seen any but if there were, it'd be very easy to tell given all the unique features of the Banned release ie buttery leather, unqiue paint splash 'X' on heel (I would imagine it'd be difficult to copy this), box and paper, etc.

Well since you're asking for opinions....IMO, the Doernbecher 3's are garbage.

I'm a mostly "OG colorway only" guy. Actually 99.9% of the time.

Black/Red 1's are timeless, and Banned opportunities don't come around too often. Those 3's are for the kids/teenagers (pun intended).

I've never seen any but if there were, it'd be very easy to tell given all the unique features of the Banned release ie buttery leather, unqiue paint splash 'X' on heel (I would imagine it'd be difficult to copy this), box and paper, etc.
have yet to see replicas of this version of the black/red 1. 

for those who wear there pairs frequently. Do they hold up well? Or do they crease quickly? So excited, 

getting my pair on wednesday.

You'll crease the toe box the first time you wear them unless you duck walk, but overall I've had mine since the day they dropped and have worn them quite a bit, they hold up well.

That's a picture from my most recent wear. Almost 3 years into owning them and they still look great.

Last edited:
You'll crease the toe box the first time you wear them unless you duck walk, but overall I've had mine since the day they dropped and have worn them quite a bit, they hold up well.

That's a picture from my most recent wear. Almost 3 years into owning them and they still look great.
so dope. thanks man.

for those who wear there pairs frequently. Do they hold up well? Or do they crease quickly? So excited, 

getting my pair on wednesday.
congrats.

1's are one of the few shoes that creasing makes them look better, 1's are tanks and will endure countless wears. creasing adds to the aesthetic of the shoe

congrats.

1's are one of the few shoes that creasing makes them look better, 1's are tanks and will endure countless wears. creasing adds to the aesthetic of the shoe
for sure, i found that to be the case as well with the 2013's. Look so great after countless wears.

Got ahold of myself and decided to keep them. Don't know what I was thinking considering that trade. After taking them out to snap pics for the guy, realized I couldn't do it. And cxxxx cxxxx here are a few pics of my pair after 20 or so wears, they're gonna crease no way around it, but the creasing truly does make them look better.

Got ahold of myself and decided to keep them. Don't know what I was thinking considering that trade. After taking them out to snap pics for the guy, realized I couldn't do it. And @CXXXX here are a few pics of my pair after 20 or so wears, they're gonna crease no way around it, but the creasing truly does make them look better.
they still look great, thanks dude.

Thanks to everyone that helped out!! I can't seem to find a pair of 2013 bred 1 for $400 but I managed to find a pair of VNDS banned 1 on craigslist for that price? Who woulda thought. Now the challenge of swapping down sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom