Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you trade a DS pair of banneds for a VNDS pair of south beach 8s? I ask cause a buddy of mine wants to give me his DS sz 13 banned 1s, for my worn once south beach 8s...

i don't know what south beach 8's are worth these days, but DS sz 13 in banneds is rare, and i recently got $1K for a pair (after the 2013 bred release).

2013 breds were so limited they seemed to drive the price up on banneds.

Would you trade a DS pair of banneds for a VNDS pair of south beach 8s? I ask cause a buddy of mine wants to give me his DS sz 13 banned 1s, for my worn once south beach 8s...

I wouldn't do it, but you should choose what you like more.

I wouldn't do it, but you should choose what you like more.

I agree. Look down the road, 10,15, maybe even 20 years. Would you wear a teal/pink shoe? Or could you rock a red/blk shoe? The 1's are timeless classics. Will those SBs reach the level of the 1's? Maybe? Maybe not?

Also, anything with air bubbles do not last. 10 years, and in some cases close to 15. Just something to think about.

Appr
I agree. Look down the road, 10,15, maybe even 20 years. Would you wear a teal/pink shoe? Or could you rock a red/blk shoe? The 1's are timeless classics. Will those SBs reach the level of the 1's? Maybe? Maybe not?

Also, anything with air bubbles do not last. 10 years, and in some cases close to 15. Just something to think about.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Loookin for banned in 8-9 forever... prices are so high!

itll cost so much i dont even wanna wear it :/

Idk if y'all are reading the same thing I am. Dude that posted in the thread about the trade is GETTING the banneds. Not giving them up.

Most likely going to let go of my DS size 11 before summer arrives.

I have another pair that I rock, but it will still be hard to part. :frown:

Will be reading through this thread for more info about going rates/etc.

nt fam, need some insight on this debate me and a buddy are having. 

in 10 years which shoe will hold more value/nostalgia.

a ds pair of banneds or a vnds pair of khaki/pink Yeezy 1s

Banned's. We won't see the material on an air Jordan 1 again for a very long time. Yeezy's on the other hand even though IMO the 1's > 2's, the 2's will be the more sought after in the future, especially solars

Banneds

From a collectors standpoint they look for historical items that are in excellent condition. They're both seemingly identical in value. However one is not used. Also Yeezys don't have much, or any history.

Things to consider
- DS Yeezys won't be wearable in 10yrs, and majority on the market will be DS
- Jordan 1s are always wearable
- Kanye could fall off, making his shoes irrelevant
- You could pass down your Jordan love to your children, making them future Jordan fans. Yeezys no kids sizes, so there won't be nostalgia for them to buy, so they wouldn't care about them.
- Banneds have better quality
- B/Red 1 is one of thee most iconic and sought after Jordan ever.
- Kanye will release sneakers with Addidas, making a sig shoe that's more attainable. So his fans won't care to drop grands to dress like their savior :lol:

Last edited:
Well, my dudes pretty much nailed all the key points. :lol:

Speaking of Yeezys and Banneds... On the verge of trading my ROs for 3k and VNDS

:nerd:

Last edited:
The nets have better leather than the banneds IMO. I am saying that as an owner of both. They also have buttery, imprinted suede, more padding, far more comfortable, and just better and more detailing in general. They're the closest I've seen Nike come to an actual luxury style shoe.

Both will never retro, in terms of in the same quality.

I'd say it's down to which one you like better tho.

But I thought a few years ago Nike improved the midsole material used on 3's / assault midsoles so they don't crack like they used to?

Most likely going to let go of my DS size 11 before summer arrives.

I have another pair that I rock, but it will still be hard to part. :frown:

Will be reading through this thread for more info about going rates/etc.

umm my size...

And I don't know why dude at the top said a majority of Y1's on the market are, or will be, DS... DS pairs are rare as hell today, much less later...

I'd be willing to be there are more DS pairs of banneds in the world right now than there are Y1's... There was only $3K per colorway made of Y1's. forgot the exact number on banneds, but it's much higher, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
And I don't know why dude at the top said a majority of DS Y1's on the market are, or will be, DS... DS pairs are rare as hell today, much less later...

I'd be willing to be there are more DS pairs of banneds in the world right now than there are Y1's... There was only $3K per colorway made of Y1's. forgot the exact number on banneds, but it's much higher, if I remember correctly.

Ok, even if they weren't DS they withstand time better then a 1. Have had them in hand, they're not that much different then a Jordan 3 construction. Polyurethane midsoles will crumble regardless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom