After Listening TML, Recovery & Distant Relatives The BEST 2 Rappers Alive Are...

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

How ISN'T Ross deserving??...

Because he really don't be saying nothing...AT ALL...
The !@%% just sound good...sort of like Eminem...

And at this point I'm putting Raekwon before I put Ghost....

Rick Ross is the 3rd best rapper alive right now......?

roll.gif

Rick Ross is a GOOD rapper, bar for bar, lyric for lyric you can't front on dude...

What he did with DTR and everything leading up to now solidifies his spot...

Does that mean he has more talent than a Lupe??... NO, but his work output in the last 2 years is BETTER than Lupe's...

If its an argument about lyrical substance, who outside of NaS is really sayin ANYthing??...

When I say the BEST rapper I mean if EVERY rapper made a song tonight and released it tomorrow Ross will be one of the BEST 5 if not the BEST...

That was proven about 3 hours ago when "Live Fast, Die Young" leaked...

Does that mean he has more talent than a Lupe??... NO, but his work output in the last 2 years is BETTER than Lupe's...

When I say the BEST rapper I mean if EVERY rapper made a song tonight and released it tomorrow Ross will be one of the BEST 5 if not the BEST...

You're contradicting yourself with these 2 statements.

Is it about work output, or is it about who can drop a hotter song tomorrow?

Either way, Ross doesn't belong, IMO.

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the steadman Pic....^#$* caught me off guard...I was expecting to see a pic of Jay
laugh.gif

Rick Ross is a GOOD rapper, bar for bar, lyric for lyric you can't front on dude...

What he did with DTR and everything leading up to now solidifies his spot...

If its an argument about lyrical substance, who outside of NaS is really sayin ANYthing??...

That was proven about 3 hours ago when "Live Fast, Die Young" leaked...

I agree with this for the most part. I wouldn't say #3 but I definitely agree.

Just because you're on the Marcus Garvey juice DOES NOT make you a better rapper.

As of TODAY

Spoiler [+]
nas460.jpg

Spoiler [+]
stedman.jpg

Spoiler [+]
rickross-755010.jpg

Spoiler [+]
kanye_west.gif

Spoiler [+]
04_ghostface_lgl.jpg
TURRIBLE

Styles P >
Lupe >
Em >

When was the LAST amazing
Lupe verse??
Em??
Styles P??

Every verse Lupe ever spits is dope IMO.
His whole Enemy of the State mixtape, his verse on Past My Shades, I'm Beaming, etc, he always comes correct.
Em just put out an album filled with dope verses.
Not sure about Styles P though.
laugh.gif

But also, when was the last amazing Ross verse? Not song. Verse. 

I get what you're saying with your criteria, I'm not arguing it because your list is good for the criteria you put out. Just answering the verse question. 
laugh.gif

I thought he did pretty well on "Live Fast, Die Young"...

"Mafia Music 2" is nothin to brush ya nose @ either...

"Angels Remix"...

etc

Lupe verse??
Em??
Styles P??

I effs wit dude heavy, but when was the same can be said about GFK.
He spit on OB4CL2 & Wu Massacre, but nothing too epic.

Its like todays generation has yall brainwashed with just hearing decent lines over solid production on a consistent basis for it to be catagorized as greatness.

Back in the days u had to fight ur way to the top bar for bar. Thats y Jay & NaS are where they are held at their position today.

Title says BEST rapper, but a lot lack actual rapping ability. Hell some dont even write all of their own lyrics, which descredits them all together.

There are a lot of good and/or better active rappers out there than 3/5 of ur list that wont make it because they dont talk about the bs yall wanna hear in the manner that yall do.

smh.gif

Is TIME a dope lyricist? NO. Can he put together an ill song? Probably. Does that make him a great rapper? +!!@ no!

I know that aint a best rapper alive list Nay. Couldn't be.

How is Ye or Ross among the top 5 best rappers alive?

Putting Ross over Kanye automatically flatlines that list.

Lupe verse??
Em??
Styles P??
N' when the hell has Ross spit an "amazing" verse, ever? Your logic is flawed my guy.

Ross makes entertaining music. Has a smooth a$s flow & has a great ear for beats. But to compare him as an MC with a Lupe, Em, etc is comical.

Man %@!& all this...............741,000 people still listen to Eminem and I'm sure they are all not white! (Another 1 million more by the end of the year)
happy.gif

Rick Ross wouldn't be top 3 rappers alive if everyone in the world died tomorrow except for Nick Cannon, Lil Romeo, and Fergie.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

laugh.gif
at Ross being amongst the best rappers alive right now.

He's not really saying anything in his lyrics other than namedropping high-end designer brands and rapping about food.
oh the irony..
eek.gif
smh.gif

Ya'll bammas fakin on Ross..the alliteration in his bars is clearly unappreciated..
laugh.gif

But seriously, dude is one of the top 5 rappers right now..
Please don't say anything about Eminem to me, dude's substance is overrated and outdated..
IMO Nay hit the nail on the head except the #4 and #5 spots.

Well the list is handicapped cause Weezy is locked up, and TI hasn't done ANYthing mind blowing since he came home...

& puttin Drake on there would've just been a war...

I'm gonna smoke, do some further diliberations and come back with a Top 10 ACTIVE list ala MTV (minus the !!%! sucking and +%% kissing)...

Top 10 ACTIVE RAPPERS now

1. Nas
2.Jay-Z
3. Lupe Fiasco
4. Eminem
5. Ghostface Killah
6. Rick Ross
7. Kid Cudi
8. Kanye West
9. Drake
10. Young Jeezy

This is based on material released in the last year July 2009-July 2010 (ex. Trap or Die 2, MOTM, and the Albert Anastasia Ep)

Back
Top Bottom