After Listening TML, Recovery & Distant Relatives The BEST 2 Rappers Alive Are...

Harlem On The Rise wrote:

Black people stopped listenin to Em LOOONG ago, so ANYtime you see him gettin crazy props, 9 times out of 10 its a white dude, or some angry Asian @ his job in the cleaners or somethin...

Racism is a terrible thing...

When was the last time you saw a black dude givin Em CRAZY props??... I'm almost positive I'm around more Ns than YOU... And I can def tell you, cats aint been *#+%** with Em for a while... !##% my white homeboys gave up on him a WHILE ago...

Its usually just some (white) internet creep givin him crazy props...

laugh.gif
@ American Gangster being "half decent"

But I'm sure you thought Recovery was dope tho...

YOU right... Racism is a TERRIBLE thing
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

When was the last time you saw a black dude givin Em CRAZY props??... I'm almost positive I'm around more Ns than YOU... And I can def tell you, cats aint been *#+%** with Em for a while... !##% my white homeboys gave up on him a WHILE ago...

laugh.gif

smh.gif
I don't really understand the whole "black people don't listen to em" argument.  So? Does that mean he sucks because the black people you know don't listen to him?  Since when is the black community the only ones that can rate hip-hop albums.  And its proven that middle-upper class whites are the ones that buy the most rap albums.  So if you want to make a lot of many as far as selling albums is concerned it would be in your best interest to appeal to that demographic.  That's why Wayne and Drake actually move albums while Distant Relatives and Reflection Eternal won't see half those sales.

Music is 100% subjective so its cool and all that you personally aren't an Em fan.  And if you don't think MMLP was a classic that's fine but i don't think American Gangster, or Kingdom Come or even Vol 3 was a classic.  All just a difference of opinion. 

FTR im 22 i was there when mase thought he was doing it.  Harlem World was a mediocre album thats all dude ever did.  But i was kidding i have no real problem with mase lol 

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

i wouldnt expect or want u to like my music... u like this bull... u dont know what good music sounds like...
yes, i would rather listen to Recovery than anything you do
laugh.gif

I think people just say Illmatic wasnt a classic and AG is garbage for the attention. Thats the only resolution I can come up with..
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

laugh.gif

smh.gif
I don't really understand the whole "black people don't listen to em" argument.  So? Does that mean he sucks because the black people you know don't listen to him?  Since when is the black community the only ones that can rate hip-hop albums.  And its proven that middle-upper class whites are the ones that buy the most rap albums.  So if you want to make a lot of many as far as selling albums is concerned it would be in your best interest to appeal to that demographic.  That's why Wayne and Drake actually move albums while Distant Relatives and Reflection Eternal won't see half those sales.
Of course you wouldn't understand the "black people don't listen to em" argument... I wonder why
eyes.gif

Buying the MOST rap, and listenin to the MOST are 2 different things... Of course everyone knows white kids are the ones buyin this %!!#, thats why %!!# like Eminem will ALWAYS sell and REAL %!!# like Distant Relatives won't... The last thing white people wanna hear is blacks telling one another "Africa Must Wake Up"... But as soon as we wanna sell drugs to one another, shoot up %!!#, and party in the clubs, yall in the stores coppin...

Music is 100% subjective so its cool and all that you personally aren't an Em fan.  And if you don't think MMLP was a classic that's fine but i don't think American Gangster, or Kingdom Come or even Vol 3 was a classic.  All just a difference of opinion. 

FTR im 22 i was there when mase thought he was doing it.  Harlem World was a mediocre album thats all dude ever did.  But i was kidding i have no real problem with mase lol 
Vol 3 & KC are GARBAGE... Who claimed they were "Classics" EVER??... That's the difference, I can admit when a brotha makes a wack album, but yall just holdin on to Em cause he's the LAST white hope...

And if your 22... That would make you 10 years old when Harlem World/LAD/No Way Out dropped and 12 when Double Up dropped...

Harlem World > Relapse > Recovery

A party in Harlem > A "W.T.P."

If you consider that album ANYthing other than GARBAGE you're credibility is OFFICIALLY under

Spoiler [+]
instant_replay.jpg

But since its the World Cup, ANYone that likes this album...

Spoiler [+]
zidane-redcard.jpg

Buying the MOST rap, and listenin to the MOST are 2 different things... Of course everyone knows white kids are the ones buyin this %!!#, thats why %!!# like Eminem will ALWAYS sell and REAL %!!# like Distant Relatives won't... The last thing white people wanna hear is blacks telling one another "Africa Must Wake Up"... But as soon as we wanna sell drugs to one another, shoot up %!!#, and party in the clubs, yall in the stores coppin...

I'm white and I bought Distant Relatives.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

eyes.gif

and you're a SERIOUS minority lol you COMPLETELY missed his point

Of course you wouldn't understand the "black people don't listen to em" argument... I wonder why
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

MMLP is dude's only classic followed by 2 very good albums. INFINITE was a lyrical powerhouse but the production was awful (besides the infinite track itself)

50 Cent Power Of The Dollar > Infinite

sue me.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

eyes.gif

and you're a SERIOUS minority lol you COMPLETELY missed his point

I know the point he's trying to make, but he's just stating generalizations.

How does he know what I want to hear?

I mean, he said himself that he was buying Relapse, and I don't think he's a white kid.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

With TML, I didn't really have any expectations, half of the songs had already leaked before hand, and all of them were pretty GOOD...

I can't stop playing this "Unforgetable" ...  Definitely didn't expect him and Snow to have this type of chemistry. Pleasantly Surprised.

I was talking to my boys and their deliveries are similar and it makes that song sound real good.  Some real @$%$ is being said on that one.

I am white and I do not relisten to Em albums because I am not easily shocked anymore. Em has an amazing gift with words, but if it does not sound good to someone's ears, why listen?

As of TODAY

Spoiler [+]
nas460.jpg

Spoiler [+]
stedman.jpg

Spoiler [+]
rickross-755010.jpg

Spoiler [+]
kanye_west.gif

Spoiler [+]
04_ghostface_lgl.jpg

laugh.gif
at Ross being amongst the best rappers alive right now.

He's not really saying anything in his lyrics other than namedropping high-end designer brands and rapping about food.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

laugh.gif
at Ross being amongst the best rappers alive right now.

He's not really saying anything in his lyrics other than namedropping high-end designer brands and rapping about food.
Word.

He makes good music, but shouldn't be mentioned with that list of 5.

Put Lupe on there too.

Back
Top Bottom