AFRICAN HISTORY X

how is any of that truth. The whole basis of this thread is to look at things from a non american perspective. The most amateur perspective is to simply assume that because you came from africa that you where egyptian. The Western perspective is africa=egypt and pyramids. And that is what i'm trying to avoid...too many cats out here getting tattoos of pharoahs on themselves without the knowledge.

Busy out here talking about africans knew about string theory before anyone, thats the stuff that makes people laugh at us and not take african history seriously. Just lay out the facts and let the narrative speak for itself.
mean.gif
Your second sentence and Wr's last arent similar? *shrugs* I aint trying to argue. Keep the vids and article coming.
statements may be the same. but what I'm trying to say is that we don't need this thread to turn into a collection on egyptology (which is the western way of looking at africa)

Great thread idea, was just talking about the history of Latin America with my kuzn the other day. Related kuz it discusses history of heritage, but I'm not trying to derail. I was always interested in African history, not just Egyptian, so thanks for the thread. It's a shame how European Imperialism caused such a disconnect with people not just in the US, but around the world, n their histories. A lot of great info in here, props to those that contributed.

nthat.gif

@PLVN and everyone else interested. here are some passages from dr. ivan van sertima's they came before columbus.

on the blackness of ancient egypt:

"when count volney stood under the shadow of the great sphinx in 1783 and looked at these man-made mountains stretching across the western desert, he was startled and confused. he had walked across the low flat country, dotted with villages and mud-brick huts, where stood the tall date palms. the floor of the land was a vivid green, and through the green ran an intricate network of irrigation canals. brown- and black-skinned men of slender build and dark hair, mostly negroid, "having a broad and flat nose, very short, a large flattened mouth ... thick lips," were seen along the banks of the canals, swaying up and down as they rhythmically lifted irrigation buckets attached to what looked like a wellsweep. these men were native egyptians, with skins and features like many of the slaves of the french empire...

this rediscovery by europeans of ancient egypt, and the disclosures of a powerful negro-african element in the ancestry of the civilization to which europe owed so much, came as an embarrassment. it came also at a most inopportune time. it threatened to explode a myth of innate black inferiority that was necessary to the peace of the christian conscience in a europe that was then prospering from massive exploitation of black slaves. africa was being systematically depopulated. its empires had disintegrated. its history had been buried. its movement in step with other world civilizations had been abruptly halted. only its most backwards and inaccessible elements were left virtually untouched to bear false witness in later tomes to the scale and complexity of its evolution."

on the european distortion of the bible, used to justify slavery:

"the christian conscience of slave-trading in europe had been assuaged for a while by a myth which drew its inspiration not from the christian bible, as some theologians of the day then thought (for the bible makes no distinctions between blac and white) but from a very arbitrary interpretation of a biblical story, the story of ham... noah curses a son of ham, making him and his progeny "a servant of servants" for looking at him in his nakedness...

the curse of ham, it was said, was the curse of blackness. the descendants of the son of ham, according to this interpretation, were the africans and the egyptians (who, at the time the myth began to circulate, had fallen from their pinnacle of power). when, however, the napoleonic expedition uncovered the splendors of ancient egyptian civilization, a new version of history was urgently required. the myth of blackness as a curse had backfired. how could a black and accursed race have inspired or contributed greatly to the development of a pre-european civilization?

christian theologians began to suggest that noah had cursed only canaan, one son of ham, and that therefore the curse lay only on his progeny, the black race. another son of ham, mizraim, had not been cursed. from him issued the marvelous egyptians, the creators of the greatest of early civilizations. the christian conscience could sleep peacefully again."

i will post other passages in separate posts to avoid text walls.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
^I'm gonna have to read that book.

Considering it's the first book most old heads usually tell you to read about history, I've waited too long.

@PLVN and everyone else interested. here are some passages from dr. ivan van sertima's they came before columbus.

on the blackness of ancient egypt:

christian theologians began to suggest that noah had cursed only canaan, one son of ham, and that therefore the curse lay only on his progeny, the black race. another son of ham, mizraim, had not been cursed. from him issued the marvelous egyptians, the creators of the greatest of early civilizations. the christian conscience could sleep peacefully again."

i will post other passages in separate posts to avoid text walls.
laugh.gif

WTF kinda ******** is that 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

WTF kinda ******** is that :smh: :lol:  

It's real. I've had old white people try to tell me about black people being cursed in the bible and how manifest destiny worked in whites favor.

The reach of all reaches.

Gotta also realize that literacy rates are the highest they've ever been.

To be able to read and study the bible for most of history has been an activity strictly for the elite of society.

The elite corrupted their people with this religious propaganda and misinterpretations.

We direct all of our racial hate at them when they were being manipulated too. .."Servant of servants".

Last edited:
It's my understanding that the Mormon religion also has a lot of despicable views on black people.

I used to work with a mormon guy. He thinks it's all bs, but also said that he's more interested in his family continuity and culture which is what being a mormon provides.

The actual history of the book sounds interesting as it seeks to explain that black civilization was here in America long before Columbus.

Goes against the prevalent slaveship origins.

Last edited:
Some of the things I learned from these videos

Pre colonial time:

-Black african races where not the savages that most european pop culture history make them out to be.

-Many of them had sophisticated cultures with a organized political systems, some cultures had currency and coinage, lthey obviously had craftsmen and the like, their own architecture, sophisticated farming systems etc

-They obviously had their shortcomings whch made them vulnerable to exploytation (no naval sophistication, ballistics and advanced fireams etc)

Colonial and post colonial:

-the continent was divided with artificial borders.

-colonial expansion was ramped up during the world wars for the sake of protecting millitary interests. With little forethought to helping nations that were colonized.

-the united states gave support to any dictator or despote ruler who claimed that they were against communism, such rulers often flipflopped on their positions

this video kind of sums up africa's current state:

P4L

I've always found it interesting that we have movies like braveheart and the likes, but nothing on African histories. (Besides the slave trade)

You would think a culture rich with relatively unknown history would be treasure trove for epic storytelling.

Even if they had to whiten it up and put tom hanks in it word to paul mooney

Last edited:
P4L

I've always found it interesting that we have movies like braveheart and the likes, but nothing on African histories. (Besides the slave trade)

You would think a culture rich with relatively unknown history would be treasure trove for epic storytelling.

Even if they had to whiten it up and put tom hanks in it word to paul mooney

some ******* tho

^It's tough to think that the whole idea of "Africa" is a fairly recent invention in history.

Last edited:
I'm in here. Already have a lot of content to cover in this short thread. Thanks homies! Can't wait to start digging in later tonight.

Back
Top Bottom