AFRICAN HISTORY X

PBS must've seen the money Hidden Colors was getting and decided to try their hand at a black doc.

PBS must've seen the money Hidden Colors was getting and decided to try their hand at a black doc.
Like any other black thing that becomes popular......culture vultures come in and steal their piece of the pie 

African history is a complicated thing, how has a continent so rich in resources been unable to pull itself up by the bootstraps despite widespread independence, freedom from colonialism, pan africanism etc? The answer is ultimately human but still nonetheless complicated. A lot of civil rights leaders and figures were influenced by African revolutionaries, and African revolutionaries where influenced by civil rights figures as well. But African history is riddled with stories of CIA sponsored assassinations, and other machiavellian political maneuverings that brought wealth to a few and misery to millions. 

As people begin to think about black history month from an american perspective, I was struck by how much good information is available online about the other black history. A sometimes enlightening, but most times tragic history. Feel free to contribute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sankara

African history in the making:

Blaise Compaore resigns

Africa's first White leader since FW de Klerk

Last edited:
Due to climate in here within the past months, i thought it would be cool if I bump this. Sorry its not history but temporary topics.

Im ready to discuss:

: intra-african slavery( there is slavery today)
:the resign of blaise
: the caf being here(im a soccer fan) in EG
:black on blk slavery(if that even exists)
: boko haram making noise. In west african a lot of us are muslim, b. more than half.

That just goes to show they don't have any real ties to the ancient Egyptian people. The fact that they parade King Tut's mummified remains across the world is disrespectful.

You won't ever see those in the dominant society parading George Washington or any their "great" leaders around on tour like that.

I just can't believe they stuck his beard back on with epoxy glue!!!
View media item 1366614View media item 1366615
:smh:

Last edited:
SMH. All the negativity theyve built up from the disrespect they show us is gonna come back on them one day. Because it ain't over until we win.

Back
Top Bottom