Adidas NMD thread

Did what right? Only make them available through SNS?
The design is what I was referring to 
laugh.gif

After doing a little digging, it looks like the "SMU" in the title "adidas Originals Sneakersnstuff SMU NMD Datamosh" stands for "Special Make Up". SNS has a history of releasing SMU sneakers w/ adidas (mostly ZX Fluxes from what I can tell). Not sure what the backstory is behind it but I can't find any instances of adidas doing SMUs for any other boutiques. Also, the other SNS SMUs I've seen don't appear to have any SNS branding or have released anywhere other than SNS, just like the datamoshes. So it seems like some kind of program that adidas does exclusively with SNS. Would be curious if anyone has seen other SMUs with different boutiques.

They also have a bunch of athletic "SMU" stuff that was made for Southern Methodist University but that's different.

After doing a little digging, it looks like the "SMU" in the title "adidas Originals Sneakersnstuff SMU NMD Datamosh" stands for "Special Make Up". SNS has a history of releasing SMU sneakers w/ adidas (mostly ZX Fluxes from what I can tell). Not sure what the backstory is behind it but I can't find any instances of adidas doing SMUs for any other boutiques. Also, the other SNS SMUs I've seen don't appear to have any SNS branding or have released anywhere other than SNS, just like the datamoshes. So it seems like some kind of program that adidas does exclusively with SNS. Would be curious if anyone has seen other SMUs with different boutiques.

They also have a bunch of athletic "SMU" stuff that was made for Southern Methodist University but that's different.
Yeah I remember seeing people talk about SMU when picture's first leaked of the Red datamosh pairs. Adidas may only do SMU's with SNS but it's not an Adidas exclusive concept from what I remember.

Here's a page with more info

http://sneakerfactory.net/sneakers/Shoe_Terms/smu/

Last edited:
Hahahaha love this, such a hyped release and yet they literally just put the knit on inside out from the camo packs. GG adidas, GG

I don't see a problem with it. People were begging adidas to do exactly this when the camo pack initially dropped, talking about how much more they preferred the pattern on the inside.

Exactly right. I have a pair of SMU SNS ZX Fluxes (Black Camo) that never released anywhere else. As far as I can tell that's exactly what the Datamosh are like, too. Hell of a cop for those lucky few who got them. Not only are they amazing looking, but they'll prove to be exceedingly rare.

Has anyone cut the cage off the OG XR1s? I'd have to imagine they'd look a lot better if done correctly.

if you paid with paypal, they have a service where they reimburse up to $30 for return shipping costs. not sure if you have to activate the service before your purchase though.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

edit: nvm just read the FAQ. you gotta activate the service first. 

I'll rep you for this when I refill. Never even knew this existed, but I just activated it. Thanks!!!

I don't see a problem with it. People were begging adidas to do exactly this when the camo pack initially dropped, talking about how much more they preferred the pattern on the inside.

Really, I had a almost all the camo NMD, personally I think the datamosh look kinda whack, just my opinion. Would kind of hoped the would of done something a little more special, as supposed to just just turning the material over

Back
Top Bottom