ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
$20 shipped if those HBs are size 10 
roll.gif

That sucks tho...  I wonder what caused it to orange/cream like that.  I know @tankdayglo  had some orange-ing in one of his boost (white i believe) but not the entire boost.

curious as to why you'd do that and not just clean the sole with Jason Mark or other NT shoe cleaner of choice..... ? 

the black upper couldn't have been THAT dirty.... 
It was more the boost that was looking worn. Had just seen people advise a machine was okay. As I say they are my 'beaters', I wear them a lot, so its not a massive deal but obviously would like to save them if possible.

Last edited:
It was more the boost that was looking worn. Had just seen people advise a machine was okay. As I say they are my 'beaters', I wear them a lot, so its not a massive deal but obviously would like to save them if possible.

Personally, I would never wash my shoes in the washer. Despite what someone else said, Ill take Magic Eraser over washing machine any day - when it comes to keeping the white boost looking fresh.

Last edited:
those had to have been put into the dryer.

I've actually thought about the whole wiping and washing of the boost. For the ones that i have cleaned the most, I noticed the boost gets that yellow/orange color. I'm thinking the wiping and washing could be doing something to the boost and making it yellow faster?

Did I pop in at a bad time or has the solebox hype died down? Ridiculously happy with my pair although I feel as if they are slightly bigger than other UB (I also have core blacks and navys, and owned the white wood wood at one point) though much more comfy too. 

Anyone else score pairs?

I've washed wool greys, solar yellow, and OG all in the washing machine and let them air dry. No issues what so ever.

those had to have been put into the dryer.

I've actually thought about the whole wiping and washing of the boost. For the ones that i have cleaned the most, I noticed the boost gets that yellow/orange color. I'm thinking the wiping and washing could be doing something to the boost and making it yellow faster?
Only the machine man. It is only the boost and I do wipe them/clean them on a regular basis. They have been getting off white recently and now the beige colour after coming out, so you may have a point.

Personally, I would never wash my shoes in the washer. Despite what someone else said, Ill take Magic Eraser over washing machine any day - when it comes to keeping the white boost looking fresh.
I brushed up against a tire with my UBs and took a Magic Eraser to them trying to get the black mark off.  If tore up the boost and now that area is taking on a reddish color.  I posted some pics a while back.  Use Magic Erasers on boost soles at your own risk...

Last edited:
I have been spot cleaning my boosts for more than a few months with no signs of yellowing or stripping. Granted, I don't scrub them with any real force, but if you are spot cleaning regularly, scrubbing is usually not necessary. Of course if you are wearing triple white working in a coal factory spot cleaning will not help.

Last edited:
I brushed up against a tire with my UBs and took a Magic Eraser to them trying to get the black mark off.  If tore up the boost and now that area is taking on a reddish color.  I posted some pics a while back.  Use Magic Erasers on boost soles at your own risk...

To be honest, tire grease/oil is not easy to clean. Regular dish soap would have been a better course of action since it has degreasing agents.

To be honest, tire grease/oil is not easy to clean. Regular dish soap would have been a better course of action since it has degreasing agents.
I didn't want to get into the whole story, but I tried all the usual methods before using the Magic Eraser.  Nothing got the mark off except the ME, which essentially worked by stripping off the outside layer of the boost.  

I didn't want to get into the whole story, but I tried all the usual methods before using the Magic Eraser.  Nothing got the mark off except the ME, which essentially worked by stripping off the outside layer of the boost.  

Sorry to hear that man. Any shoe cleaning products should be used lightly and at your own risk. Sucks either way.

Ill make sure to keep an eye on the coloring of my boosts and report back on it in a few more months.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that man. Any shoe cleaning products should be used lightly and at your own risk. Sucks either way.

Ill make sure to keep an eye on the coloring of my boosts and report back on it in a few more months.
Not a big deal, since the spot isn't that big and it's not noticeable on feet.  But after years of using Magic Erasers to clean all sorts of shoes, it's a bummer that these can't handle it.  Also, given the reddish discoloration that I'm seeing in that area, it does seem that the boost will lose the bright white if the outer protective layer is damaged or worn off. 

Damn those HBs are toast. Pretty nuts, never seen the washing machine method do that before. But also, it's understandable if they were everyday beaters. I'd also be curious about the actual washing machine method used. Were the laces & insoles taken out first? What temperature was the wash set to? @kmido

That being said, I'd never put the HBs in the wash. That chip in the tongue is most likely toast now.

Probably not much that can be done to bring them back to life, I still have yet to find the time to do experiments on my white UBs that have shown orange-ing.

Regardless, I only use the washing machine method sparingly, I usually just spot clean w/ toothbrush, soap & water, and I avoid over cleaning the boost.

Sometime this week I'm gonna go pick up some solvents & other stuff so I can run some tests this weekend. Mainly want to see if there's anything out there that'll actually get the boost white without destroying it (doubtful) but also if there's anything that can be applied to the boost to reapply the protective layer that eventually wears off & leads to yellowing & whatnot.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people throw their shoes in the washer, risking the glue separating upper and the midsole. Just get some cold water a small bucket with a dash of laundry color safe laundry detergent and a brush.

Inner soles were taken out and wash was around 30 degrees. May try a few things to bring them back to life if nothing works I maybe some angelus could do a job.

Back
Top Bottom