ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so cold water, remove laces and insoles, air dry, and put them in a pillow case?

anything else i should be concern for before i do mine?

so cold water, remove laces and insoles, air dry, and put them in a pillow case?

Make sure pillowcase is white 
laugh.gif

So this is the greatest, NASA developed tech that shoes have ever seen, but 85 degree water ruins it?  Not buying that at all.  This material should be able to withstand higher temps than you get in a summer rainstorm in Florida...

Last edited:

Yeah there's no way he's washing his clothes at 30 degrees fahrenheit haha.

Warm water is a HUGE no no 
Someone on FB said that he has been washing his UBs using warm water...  Dont know how warm but he said he hasnt had any issues.

Washing UBs, or any shoes for that matter, in warm water is a terrible idea. NASA didn't develop the upper.

All I'd say is only do it if they really need it. If it's something that could be taken care of with spot cleaning with a toothbrush then just do it that way.

i only have 3 boost shoes

woolgrey, cream, and the pirate black

so these are like my beater

i wear them at least 3-4 a week

@tankdayglo

i do wear socks lol

Last edited:
So this is the greatest, NASA developed tech that shoes have ever seen, but 85 degree water ruins it?  Not buying that at all.  This material should be able to withstand higher temps than you get in a summer rainstorm in Florida...

My guess is some dyes or colors have run somewhere mixing with the water and permeating into the Boost material. Water warm or otherwise would not instantly change the Boost color (hot maybe) @kmido Was there anything else in the washing machine with these? If not maybe some color from the actual sneaker has bled out?

Regardless always cold wash. And never use spin cycle either. If you have the option on your machine use delicate or handwash options. (Shorter cycles with no spin)

Last edited:
My guess is some dyes or colors have run somewhere mixing with the water and permeating into the Boost material. Water warm or otherwise would not instantly change the Boost color (hot maybe) Was there anything else in the washing machine with these? If not maybe some color from the actual sneaker has bled out?

Regardless always cold wash. And never use spin cycle either. If you have the option on your machine use delicate or handwash options. (Shorter cycles with no spin)
Yeah, there's got to be something more to this story.  I used to live in FL and it was not uncommon to get your shoes soaked in the rain repeatedly during a run.  In between, lots of hot feet and asphalt.  If the boost gets discolored or the upper bleeds, than it's on Adidas for not making a shoe that can handle real world conditions.  These things cost $180 FFS, they should be able to withstand warm water!  Not everybody lives in SoCal where it never rains.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's got to be something more to this story.  I used to live in FL and it was not uncommon to get your shoes soaked in the rain repeatedly during a run.  In between, lots of hot feet and asphalt.  If the boost gets discolored or the upper bleeds, than it's on Adidas for not making a shoe that can handle real world conditions.  These things cost $180 FFS, they should be able to withstand warm water!  Not everybody lives in SoCal where it never rains.
Right but there's a big difference between wearing your shoes in the warm rain & submerging them in hot water while slamming them against the inside of a metal barrel for 30 minutes.

But I do agree it seems like there's something more to the story.

Regardless, I've always felt washing machine method should be used sparingly, but I've never seen results this bad before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom