ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn. At $400 would I rather have Triple Blacks or 3Ms? 
eyes.gif

Decided to cave in and cop a pair of triple white UB's from the restock today. First pair of Boosts so I'm kinda in unchartered territories messing with Adidas like that lol

Yep, I don't see how anyone could say that Kanye played no part in UB's getting popular.  He wore the all white pair to a concert (Powerhouse 2015), and then they instantly started selling out / going crazy in price.   Obviously the UB's can stand on their own merit, but Kanye did have an impact.  Here's a link about that concert / shoe, read the comments and people are already complaining about resale prices hitting $350+

http://hypebeast.com/2015/5/kanye-w...ra-boost-triple-white-during-bbma-performance

There is a reason that some of the most expensive resale price shoes, are affiliated with Kanye.  Obviously anything in the YEEZY line (350's, 750's, even his old Nike stuff, etc.), but also other non-Yeezy models such as: 

- Flyknit Trainers - people in the Flyknit thread used to comment about how the trainers were sitting on shelves / being found at outlets, until Kanye wore them. 
- Independence Day Air Maxes
- Jordan 1's - Breds and Royals.  Like rawdawg said, you can't say that he alone made them popular, but you can't deny he had something to do with their hype/value
- The fact that many different models come in a "yeezy" colorway (black, solar red, green) now
- The fact that many other brands are trying to knock off the design elements of yeezy shoes (like Aldo making a 750 lookalike, Steve Madden making 350 lookalikes, etc)

Again, he isn't the sole (pun) reason that those shoes are high-resale items, but I think its hard to say he had no effect whatsoever. 

agreed, and repped for mentioning the flyknit trainers/racers and the independence day 90s.

btw, i got a pair of independence day 90s at retail when they first dropped, at that time i could have bought 10 more pairs at retail. there weren't going anywhere. a few days later pics surface with kanye wearing them and not only do they disappear, resale value for them skyrockets.

kanye also increased popularity of certain FK within the sneaker community.

Last edited:
Question for you guys that ordered off RRS in the past:

Do they charge taxes?

Made my pre-order for MC 2.0s and the bill was 161.95, but yesterday I got charged 175.72...

EDIT: called them up and they refunded me the difference

Last edited:
Just ordered these, might be my favorite color way that besides the OG pair. 

Does anyone know what these are called or the style number?

Im ashamed im considering those triple blacks. I wish i knew if they were releasing for sure or not.

**raises hand GIF as well

was visiting some friends in portland last week who are close to some higher ups at adidas and he was telling me that as of last wednesday adidas is done with colored boost. he said they've tried and tried but can't get it to the quality they want it to be at so it's officially done.

take it for what it's worth. just passing along info that was passed on to me. personally i hope they're wrong cause colored boost is :smokin

got it. That makes sense now. No filing claims once a buyer gets their shoes, pretty much.
Yes. Everything that SOB touches turns into gold, at least 95% of it (shoe related). Its amazing. I don't understand but i don't need to
Even made people buy and wear torn up clothes and look like a bum... 
roll.gif

Decided to cave in and cop a pair of triple white UB's from the restock today. First pair of Boosts so I'm kinda in unchartered territories messing with Adidas like that lol
Welcome to the beginning of your addiction...  Only fitting you copped the coke UBs 
laugh.gif

i think nike did lack vision, maybe it was harder to forecast at the time. but kanye's influence/status was already solidified. with curry, not so much...but it just didn't take much to sign him. nike didn't have to break the bank or even promise him his own sig. all they had to do was not be disrespectful and make a decent offer. they failed to do that.

i agree about kanye getting too much credit. but i feel i put his influence in proper context. when it comes to us (sneaker heads) and regular casual functional sneaker wearers, you have to understand that when it comes to the ultra boost model, for the most part they don't sit long enough for the casual person to get their hands on a pair.

before kanye west wore jordan 1s a lot a few years back, every color of that model was an easy cop. since then, its been hard to get hands on any OG color way in the jordan 1...specifically the bred and royal and including the black toe etc etc. the kanye influence is negligible in the grand scheme, but very big in the streets. those specific color ways of the 1 went from reselling for retail or a few bucks above retail to reselling for 3,4,5x retail price. that kind of increase didn't even happen when jordan himself wore his 1s in 1997 at MSG during the knicks game. (granted it was a different time then)

ultra boost model is a very solid shoe in both functionality and aesthetics, kanye wearing the UB was more negligible than the 1, but it did give visibility to a shoe that even though some knew about, they paid little to no attention to. but i won't give him credit for making the UB hot. i think it would have been hot on its own. but kanye did give it a good push.

We can disagree about Nikes vision but I equate influence by dollars and cents. When that comes to Kanye it has been negligible those numbers don't lie. Also I want to say he definitely helped raise awareness thats part of why they paid him. I am just saying that was a small percentage

Last edited:
was visiting some friends in portland last week who are close to some higher ups at adidas and he was telling me that as of last wednesday adidas is done with colored boost. he said they've tried and tried but can't get it to the quality they want it to be at so it's officially done.

take it for what it's worth. just passing along info that was passed on to me. personally i hope they're wrong cause colored boost is :smokin

Dang.

Well my guess is the Triple Black 1.0s still wouldn't resell for more than $1K so whatev

I take the no color boost with a grain of salt, unless the stuff they have already announced is the last of it.  And if that's the case I will be pissed but I will just customize.

I kid I kid I just started buying UB's two weeks ago and I already 3 pairs with plans to decimate my wallet some more in the next 10 days!
UBs are ridiculously addicting, aren't they? From the moment I copped my first pair and took a few steps in them, I was hooked so hard. Not only do they look dope af, but they are incredibly comfortable. Best of both worlds.

UBs are ridiculously addicting, aren't they? From the moment I copped my first pair and took a few steps in them, I was hooked so hard. Not only do they look dope af, but they are incredibly comfortable. Best of both worlds.
i've never loved a pair of shoes as much as i love ubs. hype probably contributed to me getting my first pair, but everything after that has been pure love

All I know about my first boost I bought was exactly a year ago. I used a friends and family code on adc. There weren't that many options. But 30% off a comfy shoe. They were relatively limited alrdy even with the 180 price. I went to the store to trade in the Solar Reds for the Collegiate, they had a hand full of sizes with limited colors. This was before Kanye. At the time, there weren't many articles about Boost or reviews.

So from real life experience I can personally conclude Kanye opened adidas to the general masses. But these were selling out already prior. Now adc doesn't allow boost to be discounted.

I can proudly say that out of the 2 UB and 4 NMD, I only paid retail for one NMD and the rest were at least 20% off retail.

Hype is there, but there are discountable sites still. Yes, legit sites.

I kid I kid I just started buying UB's two weeks ago and I already 3 pairs with plans to decimate my wallet some more in the next 10 days!

lol I've been on Jordans and Air Maxes so long I care not to remember. I took a leap of faith with these but people always talk about how addicting these things are so I had to try for myself. These will be going straight to feet soon as I get these in.

EXACTLY, I am sorta pissed I resisted so long lol, it was that dang Nike biased man.  The swoosh had its claws in me to deep, I am still trying to open the eyes of some of my brethren.  I have taken up the title of Ultra Boost Profit trying to save as many feet as possible. 

lol I've been on Jordans and Air Maxes so long I care not to remember. I took a leap of faith with these but people always talk about how addicting these things are so I had to try for myself. These will be going straight to feet soon as I get these in.
And they won't come off!

Back
Top Bottom