ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man I want the triple blacks but I would feel stupid if I bought them and I can have them for retail.  Plus I would just customize my boost myself for $450 less. 

exactly what i'm thinking.

I tried to submit a pair to FC (size 10.5) the other day and they came back at me at $375. I passed.

But $595?!?!?!
so wait, you dont pick your price at FC? I always assumed thats how it works. I was browsing the ultra boosts and told an employee I had an extra pair of creams and he quoted me $375ish too, but I figured that was just his ballpark of what I could get

so wait, you dont pick your price at FC? I always assumed thats how it works. I was browsing the ultra boosts and told an employee I had an extra pair of creams and he quoted me $375ish too, but I figured that was just his ballpark of what I could get

no, you do... they will just shoot you down if they dont like it.

Man I want the triple blacks but I would feel stupid if I bought them and I can have them for retail.  Plus I would just customize my boost myself for $450 less. 
others can chime in here, but my opinion is that we won't ever see these triple blacks with the og knit release

June 2nd

But yea I still would rather sell on GOAT compared to the scamming that people are always talking about from ebay. Plus I want that 150 seller rating where you don't have to post pictures.

less scamming on GOAT? What's the difference between them and eBay when it comes to scamming?

Yeah, you get to choose, but they can just tell you know and give you the price they would list at. Otherwise, people would ask for a ton and the shoes would just sit and take up space in their shop

Last edited:
less scamming on GOAT? What's the difference between them and eBay when it comes to scamming?

GOAT is a middle-man service that authenticates and verifies the shoe before they send it on to the seller. You're never in direct contact with the seller, once your shoes sell, you send them to GOAT and that's it. 

when did i ever say nike was hurting financially? never did, nor did i even say any company was getting close.

facts are, nike shares are trending down, UA and adidas shares are trending up.

as far as kanye and the ultra boost model is concerned, i will again say that the ultra boost model is a solid model on its own. kanye wearing the model at the time he did as well as almost every other shoe he wore increased its popularity, period. the jordan 1, jordan 6 etc have all had at least a small boost in popularity simply because he wore them. i never gave kanye total credit for the ultra boost, and i will never give him a big piece of credit for any jordan model. but before kanye, jordan 1s were no big deal including bred and royals. now, the game has changed when it comes to those 2 models.

if nike works something out with kanye, and signs curry, we aren't even having this debate. nike shares are just as high as ever and who knows what the ultra boost would be popularity wise.

context is very important when having discussions. because my initial statement never mentioned nike being broke or in trouble means that your reply was out of context.

nike will never ever have to worry about being in trouble as a corporation and maybe will never lose the lions share of the athletic footwear market...but that was never the point in the first place...

again IMHO
Yep, I don't see how anyone could say that Kanye played no part in UB's getting popular.  He wore the all white pair to a concert (Powerhouse 2015), and then they instantly started selling out / going crazy in price.   Obviously the UB's can stand on their own merit, but Kanye did have an impact.  Here's a link about that concert / shoe, read the comments and people are already complaining about resale prices hitting $350+

http://hypebeast.com/2015/5/kanye-w...ra-boost-triple-white-during-bbma-performance

There is a reason that some of the most expensive resale price shoes, are affiliated with Kanye.  Obviously anything in the YEEZY line (350's, 750's, even his old Nike stuff, etc.), but also other non-Yeezy models such as: 

- Flyknit Trainers - people in the Flyknit thread used to comment about how the trainers were sitting on shelves / being found at outlets, until Kanye wore them. 

- Independence Day Air Maxes

- Jordan 1's - Breds and Royals.  Like rawdawg said, you can't say that he alone made them popular, but you can't deny he had something to do with their hype/value

- The fact that many different models come in a "yeezy" colorway (black, solar red, green) now

- The fact that many other brands are trying to knock off the design elements of yeezy shoes (like Aldo making a 750 lookalike, Steve Madden making 350 lookalikes, etc)

Again, he isn't the sole (pun) reason that those shoes are high-resale items, but I think its hard to say he had no effect whatsoever. 

This is ultimately what I decided on as well. I ain't rich enough to just drop $500 like that

Nike's financials were important to highlight because you said they lacked vision.  I am saying they didn't they know what they are doing.  As far as Kanye wearing Jordan's sure it gave them a small boost but again it was negligible just like him wearing UB's it was negligible.  Ton of shoe buyers that don't even know what Yeezys are and could careless if he wore UB's.  Kanye gets the hypebeasts plain and simple.  The fact is Adidas changed somethings and started making a quality product that is why they are trending up.  If UB's or NMD's were horrible shoes they would not be trending up and lets not forget about the Stan Smith's.  All I am saying is in the sneakerhead bubble we give people like Kanye too much credit for a companies success. 

i think nike did lack vision, maybe it was harder to forecast at the time. but kanye's influence/status was already solidified. with curry, not so much...but it just didn't take much to sign him. nike didn't have to break the bank or even promise him his own sig. all they had to do was not be disrespectful and make a decent offer. they failed to do that.

i agree about kanye getting too much credit. but i feel i put his influence in proper context. when it comes to us (sneaker heads) and regular casual functional sneaker wearers, you have to understand that when it comes to the ultra boost model, for the most part they don't sit long enough for the casual person to get their hands on a pair.

before kanye west wore jordan 1s a lot a few years back, every color of that model was an easy cop. since then, its been hard to get hands on any OG color way in the jordan 1...specifically the bred and royal and including the black toe etc etc. the kanye influence is negligible in the grand scheme, but very big in the streets. those specific color ways of the 1 went from reselling for retail or a few bucks above retail to reselling for 3,4,5x retail price. that kind of increase didn't even happen when jordan himself wore his 1s in 1997 at MSG during the knicks game. (granted it was a different time then)

ultra boost model is a very solid shoe in both functionality and aesthetics, kanye wearing the UB was more negligible than the 1, but it did give visibility to a shoe that even though some knew about, they paid little to no attention to. but i won't give him credit for making the UB hot. i think it would have been hot on its own. but kanye did give it a good push.

Last edited:
Charging more than ebay once that's implemented. 

eBay: 10% + 2.9% +.30
GOAT: 9.5% + 2.9% + 5

Don't forget to add in the cost of shipping to your EBay equation. For the majority of shoe sales assuming an average sale price of $200 plus shipping of $15 to $20, you're looking at a ballpark of 20% in fees all in.

Shipping to GOAT is already included in the 9.5% + $5

It looks like all of the Triple Black 1.0 pairs that Adidas did make before ultimately scrapping the release are being made available through several channels.

GOAT is a middle-man service that authenticates and verifies the shoe before they send it on to the seller. You're never in direct contact with the seller, once your shoes sell, you send them to GOAT and that's it. 

got it. That makes sense now. No filing claims once a buyer gets their shoes, pretty much.

Yep, I don't see how anyone could say that Kanye played no part in UB's getting popular.  He wore the all white pair to a concert (Powerhouse 2015), and then they instantly started selling out / going crazy in price.   Obviously the UB's can stand on their own merit, but Kanye did have an impact.  Here's a link about that concert / shoe, read the comments and people are already complaining about resale prices hitting $350+

http://hypebeast.com/2015/5/kanye-w...ra-boost-triple-white-during-bbma-performance

There is a reason that some of the most expensive resale price shoes, are affiliated with Kanye.  Obviously anything in the YEEZY line (350's, 750's, even his old Nike stuff, etc.), but also other non-Yeezy models such as: 

- Flyknit Trainers - people in the Flyknit thread used to comment about how the trainers were sitting on shelves / being found at outlets, until Kanye wore them. 
- Independence Day Air Maxes
- Jordan 1's - Breds and Royals.  Like rawdawg said, you can't say that he alone made them popular, but you can't deny he had something to do with their hype/value
- The fact that many different models come in a "yeezy" colorway (black, solar red, green) now
- The fact that many other brands are trying to knock off the design elements of yeezy shoes (like Aldo making a 750 lookalike, Steve Madden making 350 lookalikes, etc)

Again, he isn't the sole (pun) reason that those shoes are high-resale items, but I think its hard to say he had no effect whatsoever. 

Yes. Everything that SOB touches turns into gold, at least 95% of it (shoe related). Its amazing. I don't understand but i don't need to

Back
Top Bottom