ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SS order came in. Very pleased...box was beat...but i just threw it away

View media item 2128597View media item 2128599

And for the sizing a US11 fits. I don't know if i could do a 10.5 or not. My nike size is an 11 (roshe, flyknit trainer, KD VI, Zoom Revis, Lunar flyknit 1, free trainer 3.0) My vans are all 10.5. My OG Tubulars are an 10.5. My asics GL3 and GLVs are an 11. My jordans are 10.5 (newer models post like 2011)

My UBs are tight on the sides (i have narrow feet too). I am assuming they will stretch a bit. If i ever get the chance id like to try a 10.5 on. But I can't see myself ordering a 10.5 considering how the 11 fits. But if the knit stretches i could probably fit a 10.5.

Anyone notice on GOAT sometimes a shoe you have listed sells for more than what your price is? A US8.5 cream sold for $595 yesterday and my pair i have up for a lot less than that hasn't sold yet. Seems weird as hell to me.

Anyone notice on GOAT sometimes a shoe you have listed sells for more than what your price is? A US8.5 cream sold for $595 yesterday and my pair i have up for a lot less than that hasn't sold yet. Seems weird as hell to me.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe it's because that pair wasn't sold through GOAT.

Are you looking at the spot underneath the listing that says "Last Sale" ?

I don't think those are specific to sizes, just the shoe in general. 

I figured since i was on the page for sz 8.5 it was sold prices for that size but i guess not. Thanks for the info

Hey guys havnt seen it covered but can anyone confirm the heel cup finish on the silver olympics?
Ive seen conflicting images from SNS and End on instagram.
End seems to have a matte finish to the heel cup in the silver.

And then SNS with what i thought was releasing
The ones actually releasing are the shiny heel cup.

nike had no vision w/ kanye and "stephon" curry. they didn't even need to break the bank for curry. he is the pied piper of sneakers for the kids these days. yeezy, i can understand why they didn't wanna get into bed with him. he wanted full creative control and his own line and nike wasn't willing to do that. but it was still a big hit in letting him walk.

he deserves a lot of credit for why the ultra boost is successful whether folks admit it or not. and i am one of the ones that hates to admit it.

the ultra boost itself is a great looking shoe, kanye west wearing them, gave it the push and publicity it needed to move fwd.

nike lost the streets, when you lose the streets, you're done.

nike's flat out refusal to make signature shoes that functioned well on court and had great casual appeal is mostly to blame.

before some NTer gets a major arguing wedgie for my post, let me state that the past statements are only IMHO.

For sure. Repped. Nike's design team lives still in the 90s and mid 00s. They need the fresh look adidas has cornered but refuse any new input from the outside

SS order came in. Very pleased...box was beat...but i just threw it away

View media item 2128597View media item 2128599

And for the sizing a US11 fits. I don't know if i could do a 10.5 or not. My nike size is an 11 (roshe, flyknit trainer, KD VI, Zoom Revis, Lunar flyknit 1, free trainer 3.0) My vans are all 10.5. My OG Tubulars are an 10.5. My asics GL3 and GLVs are an 11. My jordans are 10.5 (newer models post like 2011)

My UBs are tight on the sides (i have narrow feet too). I am assuming they will stretch a bit. If i ever get the chance id like to try a 10.5 on. But I can't see myself ordering a 10.5 considering how the 11 fits. But if the knit stretches i could probably fit a 10.5.

My first UB I went my TTS 9.5. It was tight at first but now it's great and snug. I've bought size 10 since and they've been fine and snug too. More comfortable right off the bat. They'll stretch

^ this. They list how much the last pair sold for, irrespective of size. Falls along the same 'anchoring' methods of how the "As low as" price on the main pages include used prices.

Last edited:
nike had no vision w/ kanye and "stephon" curry. they didn't even need to break the bank for curry. he is the pied piper of sneakers for the kids these days. yeezy, i can understand why they didn't wanna get into bed with him. he wanted full creative control and his own line and nike wasn't willing to do that. but it was still a big hit in letting him walk.

he deserves a lot of credit for why the ultra boost is successful whether folks admit it or not. and i am one of the ones that hates to admit it.

the ultra boost itself is a great looking shoe, kanye west wearing them, gave it the push and publicity it needed to move fwd.

nike's flat out refusal to make signature shoes that functioned well on court and had great casual appeal is mostly to blame.

before some NTer gets a major arguing wedgie for my post, let me state that the past statements are only IMHO.
While a lot of what you said is true a lot of it isn't.  Nike is not hurting financially at all and the money Kanye and Steph actually bring in for Adidas and UA is so small it almost doesn't matter to their bottom line.  Nike is doing just fine and while Kanye has helped with boost visibility we have to get out of our sneakerhead bubble, people are buying ub's because they are great shoes not because of Kanye.  People at Adidas have said he hasn't had a huge impact on there bottom line, which is one of the reasons Nike felt comfortable letting him walk.

Now Nike did mess up because they could have kept Curry and that would have kept a 2 time MVP in the fold and champion.  But they basically decided to sign someone else.  Which at the time wasn't a horrible decision because Steph wasn't Steph yet and he was injury prone.  But it seems like we go through this every couple of months, Nike is fine yes they are selling less basketball shoes but they are still selling a ton of other merchandise and shoes.  They have a years head start and a lot of buyers feel a strong brand loyalty to the swoosh and refuse to wear any kind o Adidas.  They are still number 1 by a LARGE margin.  You should read more Matthew Powell he cuts through the BS and gives you the facts 

Last edited:

This.

If you go to the part where you see the sizes up for sale and go to Offer and just choose whatever size, scroll down past the Expires in 30 Days, and you can see a handful of the last sold prices

No desire to fight the Nike vs. Adidas battle again, but it should be pointed out that the article posted above was about the stock price.  Nike's latest sales numbers are still going up, but not at the very high rate that Wall Street expected.  They were predicted to earn $8.27bn, but actually earned $8.24bn, so the idea that they are "done" is laughable.  They had a massive last few years of sales and it was only a matter of time before they cooled off.  I hate UA and I'm glad that Adidas is benefiting from the Nike slowdown, but you still have to keep things in perspective. Just one year ago people were talking about how Adidas lost their way and wondered whether they'd ever come back, so these things can shift around pretty quickly.

http://fortune.com/2015/06/05/adidas-footwear-fall/     

Last edited:
I bought triple white 2.0s from finish line's website and there was blood on one of the laces. I think Adidas quality control just sits on their hands.

I bought triple white 2.0s from finish line's website and there was blood on one of the laces. I think Adidas quality control just sits on their hands.

Yuck, that's pretty insane.

Foot Locker just restocked FSR of Core Black and Trip Whites if you wanna return

While a lot of what you said is true a lot of it isn't.  Nike is not hurting financially at all and the money Kanye and Steph actually bring in for Adidas and UA is so small it almost doesn't matter to their bottom line.  Nike is doing just fine and while Kanye has helped with boost visibility we have to get out of our sneakerhead bubble, people are buying ub's because they are great shoes not because of Kanye.  People at Adidas have said he hasn't had a huge impact on there bottom line, which is one of the reasons Nike felt comfortable letting him walk.

Now Nike did mess up because they could have kept Curry and that would have kept a 2 time MVP in the fold and champion.  But they basically decided to sign someone else.  Which at the time wasn't a horrible decision because Steph wasn't Steph yet and he was injury prone.  But it seems like we go through this every couple of months, Nike is fine yes they are selling less basketball shoes but they are still selling a ton of other merchandise and shoes.  They have a years head start and a lot of buyers feel a strong brand loyalty to the swoosh and refuse to wear any kind o Adidas.  They are still number 1 by a LARGE margin.  You should read more Matthew Powell he cuts through the BS and gives you the facts 

when did i ever say nike was hurting financially? never did, nor did i even say any company was getting close.

facts are, nike shares are trending down, UA and adidas shares are trending up.

as far as kanye and the ultra boost model is concerned, i will again say that the ultra boost model is a solid model on its own. kanye wearing the model at the time he did as well as almost every other shoe he wore increased its popularity, period. the jordan 1, jordan 6 etc have all had at least a small boost in popularity simply because he wore them. i never gave kanye total credit for the ultra boost, and i will never give him a big piece of credit for any jordan model. but before kanye, jordan 1s were no big deal including bred and royals. now, the game has changed when it comes to those 2 models.

if nike works something out with kanye, and signs curry, we aren't even having this debate. nike shares are just as high as ever and who knows what the ultra boost would be popularity wise.

context is very important when having discussions. because my initial statement never mentioned nike being broke or in trouble means that your reply was out of context.

nike will never ever have to worry about being in trouble as a corporation and maybe will never lose the lions share of the athletic footwear market...but that was never the point in the first place...

again IMHO

Back
Top Bottom