ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't paid retail for any of my 3 pairs and as of right now I would still pay $180 if I had too.  In fact I plan to drop that and more on the Gold and Silvers next week.  That being said I collect foams so $180 "feels" like a bargain lol

Thats what got me into UB's. My first few pairs were under retail through Sweatshop. It was the only reason i gave them a shot. But once hooked, retail wasnt a problem, and one was over retail (Olives).

I think my first retail pair was the whites, which was probably by 7-8th pair of UB's at the time. Turns out my first retail pair became my most disliked pair in the collection, next to the white/green kolors.

How do you feel standing in your UBs?

The Boost material feels like it reacts differently between standing and walking. It's comfortable and has a great response when moving. But when stationary, it feels plushy and sinks in. I try to avoid sitting as much as I can at work so I stand a lot and noticed my UB gets uncomfortable after a while.

There is no doubt that once dude gets older and looks back at that pic he is going to say "WTF was I thinking?" 

What is crazy is that Mr. Wendal fit probably cost him close to 2g's
roll.gif

From someone who has probably 25 pairs of ROshe's sitting and 20+ pairs of UB's.
Damn casper.  It only took one Roshe for me to bow out, can't imagine 25. I made the mistake of (or rather, was fortunate enough to find out early) taking them hiking over in Moab.  And thus, didn't end up going all in like that with the Roshe.  

PureBoost ended up being my gateway and then UB. 

eyes.gif
 I was pretty hyped for the 2017 knit, but this view makes them look kinda underwhelming 
eyes.gif
There is a large change that those pairs won'tl be the final knit pattern.  Since these were pre-source stage (and the only pairs made in that knit/colorway), the knit is one piece for the whole upper, save the very top of the tongue.  From what I've seen with some of the other samples, final production knit might be multi-piece so the shape and look will be slightly different.

Man...No disrespect but you know the game is ****** when we have sneakerheads ACTUALLY comparing Roshes to Ultra Boosts and Adidas/Nike to Under Armor. SMDH

There is a large change that those pairs won'tl be the final knit pattern.  Since these were pre-source stage (and the only pairs made in that knit/colorway), the knit is one piece for the whole upper, save the very top of the tongue.  From what I've seen with some of the other samples, final production knit might be multi-piece so the shape and look will be slightly different.
What about the cages we have been seeing? 

Stoked that I was able to find a pair of all white UB 2.0 for 20% off Canadian retail. guess I'll be returning those eqt's!

who am I kidding, i'll end up keeping both.

Last edited:
Take it back! Don't you speak ill of that godlike colorway

Haha. You and i will always differ on that one. I think I just dont like the toe strip on those. Looking at the CNY's and the MC, and how much i dislike those, i must really not like that toe. It looks like a bandaid to me.

But when i wore them bowling with the kids and they had a black light, it looked fantastic.

My one real regrettable purchase. I force myself to wear them, unfortunately.

Damn casper.  It only took one Roshe for me to bow out, can't imagine 25. I made the mistake of (or rather, was fortunate enough to find out early) taking them hiking over in Moab.  And thus, didn't end up going all in like that with the Roshe.  

PureBoost ended up being my gateway and then UB. 

yeah man, I loved them. Loved the simple look and thought for $70, these would be the shoe I wear my entire life! I must have purchased close to 10 pairs of the Anthracite pair. Loved them, and then they went through that period where you couldn't find them and then bam, a bunch more came out. I didnt want to go without ever again.

Now my brother in law will come over and take a pair here and there because he knows i don't want them. He loves them. But he doesn't know any better. He's getting some UB's from me when Christmas comes. Poor guy works at the airport unloading and loading planes for UPS and i know his feet could use some love.

It blows me away that some of you young cats have such delicate feet that nothing but $180 UBs will give you comfort.  I'm in my 40s and I still wear plenty of other shoes including Roshes, and I manage just fine.  And that's after running many thousands of miles and two dozen marathons in my life, as well as decades of regular basketball, soccer, and long days at work.  Don't get me wrong, Boost is fantastic, but how the hell did you guys survive a couple of years ago?  Maybe I'm just different in that I have to mix things up and I've never had a closet full of only one brand, much less one model of shoe.

It blows me away that some of you young cats have such delicate feet that nothing but $180 UBs will give you comfort.  I'm in my 40s and I still wear plenty of other shoes including Roshes, and I manage just fine.  And that's after running many thousands of miles and two dozen marathons in my life, as well as decades of regular basketball, soccer, and long days at work.  Don't get me wrong, Boost is fantastic, but how the hell did you guys survive a couple of years ago?  Maybe I'm just different in that I have to mix things up and I've never had a closet full of only one brand, much less one model of shoe.

I'm in my 40's as well and i have some baby *** feet, not going to lie. I dont like to walk far distances, stand in line for long periods of time. I dont run marathons, play any sports unless its messing around with my son playing soccer.

But when i wear boosts, I feel like Usain Bolt. All of a sudden, i feel like doing the stairs with the wife, going for long walks along ocean avenue.

funny to say, but because of the comfort, I've become more active.

Man not to be "that" guy. But UBs are crazy comfortable but not worth $180 (but neither are retro jordans with their $200 price tag for the remastereds).

I think we can agree that UBs are not performance shoes. If you want a boost runner most people seem to think you should go elsewhere (heel slip in UBs lock down isn't the best). So we talking $180 for comfort and glue stains.
I still say for the $50 i paid for my Roshe's that they are more "worth it". Yes UBs are more comfortable then roshes. But when it comes to casually walking around I can't tell you that the UBs are over $100 better.

Props to this thread though i like the discussion on Kanye and why they are popular. I actually got asked the other day why they are so popular and i was like uhhhh they are crazy comfortable....and like...kanye wore them? and the Biebs too (can't forget the Biebs)

Idk man, Roshes feel like I'm walking on solid blocks of Tupperware plastic so I can't necessarily agree. Glad you enjoy them tho

Btw what is a Biebs

I'm not gonna turn boosts into a miracle shoe or a motivational speech, but it definitely has helped me in being more active.

I tore my ACL and shattered my meniscus, even after surgery, not the same. Boosts helps, I'll leave it at that.

I felt that when I used to go to Disney 2 straight days at a time being pass holders before...  Roshes and Prestos was my go to shoes...  I have not worn my UBs yet as I have not been back to Disney since early last year but I definitely have used UBs for Sea World but not the same amount of time walking around compared to Disney. 
I've worn my UBs to Disney and my back actually gave out before my feet
laugh.gif

How do you feel standing in your UBs?

The Boost material feels like it reacts differently between standing and walking. It's comfortable and has a great response when moving. But when stationary, it feels plushy and sinks in. I try to avoid sitting as much as I can at work so I stand a lot and noticed my UB gets uncomfortable after a while.
Standing in my UBs I feel that the boosts start to hurt my arch since the Boost is so soft. Rarely happens. Only if I am waiting in a long line on pavement I tend to feel that.

Last edited:
I guess I have to make a distinction for myself. And it semi-ties into the current survey. It's not that I refuse to buy any other brand or type of shoe, or can't function in one. (I've got various others from Nike/Jordan, Puma, NB, ASICS, etc.)

It's more the fact that I don't see myself getting getting 20-25+ pairs of anything that doesn't have a boost sole. Not prior to, and certainly not now. My closet is just Boost heavy these days is all.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna turn boosts into a miracle shoe or a motivational speech, but it definitely has helped me in being more active.

I tore my ACL and shattered my meniscus, even after surgery, not the same. Boosts helps, I'll leave it at that.
I totally get injuries, and I've had my share over the years.  I'm more referring to guys who say they can't wear any other shoes now without their feet hurting.  I've got plenty of other shoes that might not be completely equal to UB comfort but they're still pretty damn good, and they're far better than anything out even 10 years ago.  For those who say Roshes have no cushion, I'm assuming they definintely don't f with Dunks, Vans, Chucks, etc.  That's what I think of as an uncomfortable, no cushion shoe.

Eh, I'm 28. As an on and off tennis player for leisure, and a big skateboarding fan back as a younger teenager, I usually always wore tennis kicks and skater kicks: Chucks, Pumas, Vans, Globes, Nike tennis shoes; those were my go-tos. I recently started expanding and getting into Clarks. I got a pair of Palladium boots last winter and love them. Broadened horizons and now I can see myself maybe even gettin Sperrys at some point. Who knows when taste will evolve and where it will take you.

Back
Top Bottom