ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not gonna turn boosts into a miracle shoe or a motivational speech, but it definitely has helped me in being more active.

I tore my ACL and shattered my meniscus, even after surgery, not the same. Boosts helps, I'll leave it at that.

I totally get injuries, and I've had my share over the years.  I'm more referring to guys who say they can't wear any other shoes now without their feet hurting.  I've got plenty of other shoes that might not be completely equal to UB comfort but they're still pretty damn good, and they're far better than anything out even 10 years ago.  For those who say Roshes have no cushion, I'm assuming they definintely don't f with Dunks, Vans, Chucks, etc.  That's what I think of as an uncomfortable, no cushion shoe.
My Jordans are collecting dust :lol:.

I get what you mean, but I think with new technology, your feet get spoiled. I use to think Roshes were amazing, now they're not comfortable to me anymore.

Who knows, maybe something will take over Boosts one day.

I totally get injuries, and I've had my share over the years.  I'm more referring to guys who say they can't wear any other shoes now without their feet hurting.  I've got plenty of other shoes that might not be completely equal to UB comfort but they're still pretty damn good, and they're far better than anything out even 10 years ago.  For those who say Roshes have no cushion, I'm assuming they definintely don't f with Dunks, Vans, Chucks, etc.  That's what I think of as an uncomfortable, no cushion shoe.

95% of my shoes, not counting Roshe's, consists of UB's, Jordans, FKR, and some lunars. I don't wear the Jordan's much, and for the most part, I'm an older fart where wearing JOrdan's isn't very practical for me. I'll toss some AJ1's on, only to find myself grabbing a pair of boosts from the trunk 4 hours in.

Lunars are the closest thing to UB's for comfort, to me. I love them. But they dont look very good wearing normal going out meeting people type of clothes. I can wear UB's semi-dressed up, business casual, and its not odd looking. They really do go with anything you wear.

My Jordans are collecting dust :lol:.

I get what you mean, but I think with new technology, your feet get spoiled. I use to think Roshes were amazing, now they're not comfortable to me anymore.

Who knows, maybe something will take over Boosts one day.

Something will inevitably take over Boosts one day. Just hoping its not UA.

Chucks for sure aren't very comfortable as I recall, but some vans definitely were not bad. Comparable to the Roshes IMO

As discussed before probably a month ago, Runners are becoming socially acceptable in the workplace/business casual.

With that in mind, UBs are in conversations of being a really comfortable shoe. Folks that aren't into the shoe culture are gravitating towards these because of hearsay.

UBs are the sketcher shape up / Converse / urban/business casual shoe all rolled up into one.

I'm 29 and former Dunk collector, current J collector, and now NMD/Ultra Boost. I've never really had foot complaints or really cared about comfort. If I wore a shoe, it's cause it looked good. Nowadays I care a little bit more and won't ever wear my Jordans unless I'll be sitting around. NMD/Ultras are great for being on your feet or walking a decent amount.  But if I'm being completely honest, the Alphabounce beats them all. That shoe has been the most comfortable I've worn in years. It doesn't constrict as much as the UB and doesn't have as raised of a heel as the NMD. UBs I will find my feet start to ache after a while because I have a wider foot. The Alphabounce is way softer and I can stand on my feet all day in them. My two cents. 

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm still interested in grabbing a pair of the Alphabounce OGs, but I'm still recouping from the few dumb purchases I've made recently.

95% of my shoes, not counting Roshe's, consists of UB's, Jordans, FKR, and some lunars. I don't wear the Jordan's much, and for the most part, I'm an older fart where wearing JOrdan's isn't very practical for me. I'll toss some AJ1's on, only to find myself grabbing a pair of boosts from the trunk 4 hours in.

Lunars are the closest thing to UB's for comfort, to me. I love them. But they dont look very good wearing normal going out meeting people type of clothes. I can wear UB's semi-dressed up, business casual, and its not odd looking. They really do go with anything you wear.
You ever try Lunar AM 1's? Comfort and the style factor.

Interesting. I'm still interested in grabbing a pair of the Alphabounce OGs, but I'm still recouping from the few dumb purchases I've made recently.
Same. Too many impulse buys. But yeah the Alphabounce takes an hour or two to stretch. Little bit tight when you first put them on. 

Take it back! Don't you speak ill of that godlike colorway

Haha. You and i will always differ on that one. I think I just dont like the toe strip on those. Looking at the CNY's and the MC, and how much i dislike those, i must really not like that toe. It looks like a bandaid to me.

But when i wore them bowling with the kids and they had a black light, it looked fantastic.

My one real regrettable purchase. I force myself to wear them, unfortunately.

Yeah I also liked those Rainbow LTDs a lot, still bummed the US release got scrapped.

I'm about to do a custom UB and I think I'm gonna make the toe a diff color, so you're probly gonna hate em [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Btw has anyone here had the experience of returning shoes when you've had your credit or debit card replaced with a new one in the meanwhile? I just got 2 refunds (Reebok and ADC), but they're going to my old card. Does anyone know if I'll get my refund eventually, or if I'll have to call someone?

Yup...I'm in my late 30s and I've shifted from AJs, SBs, Vans, Chucks over the last decade to runners. I'm also very active so I need to take care of my feet. You won't ever catch me wearing flip flops unless I'm on the sand. Due to what I saw as a major saturation in the Nike/JB market, I stopped supporting that brand for a while. AJs specifically. Once the Spizike dropped, I was OUT. 

Nike has some decent runners as does Asics. I started with pure boosts, then adios boost and the OG runner boosts. Once the ultra boosts dropped, I knew that was the pinnacle of comfort AND fashion. There are more comfortable shoes out there, zero question but Adidas nailed it. Yeah, it's in a weird way kinda annoying now that these are so popular. I'd rather see people rocking UBs that are cheaper than these ridiculously over priced "remastered" AJs. Something about kids who never even seen MJ play acting THAT brainwashed is a bit annoying to me. 

Same. Too many impulse buys. But yeah the Alphabounce takes an hour or two to stretch. Little bit tight when you first put them on. 

Copy that, but definitely TTS though? I tried them on at a FTL once and TTS seemed okay for my semi-wide foots

Btw has anyone here had the experience of returning shoes when you've had your credit or debit card replaced with a new one in the meanwhile? I just got 2 refunds (Reebok and ADC), but they're going to my old card. Does anyone know if I'll get my refund eventually, or if I'll have to call someone?
Most banks will forward any credits or debits from the old card to the new card. My bank will do it for about a month and continually remind you to update your card numbers. But yes, call them if it doesn't happen automatically. 

Copy that, but definitely TTS though? I tried them on at a FTL once and TTS seemed okay for my semi-wide foots
Yeah, TTS. When I first put them on I was like "why the hell are people saying to size down?" Then they stretched and they were perfect. Might be able to get away with 1/2 size down for a skinny foot. Wide to semi-wide, stay TTS.

It blows me away that some of you young cats have such delicate feet that nothing but $180 UBs will give you comfort.  I'm in my 40s and I still wear plenty of other shoes including Roshes, and I manage just fine.  And that's after running many thousands of miles and two dozen marathons in my life, as well as decades of regular basketball, soccer, and long days at work.  Don't get me wrong, Boost is fantastic, but how the hell did you guys survive a couple of years ago?  Maybe I'm just different in that I have to mix things up and I've never had a closet full of only one brand, much less one model of shoe.
Lol for me personally, before Boost, comfort was never really a factor for me when buying shoes. When I first got into sneakers it was all about grabbing signature models from NBA players that I idolized that I couldn't grab as a kid. IE: Lebrons, Jordans, Kobes, Melos, Questions & Answers, etc. But then I went on a Flyknit only binge when that was poppin' because I liked more of the low profile & casual looks they were at the time. But like everyone else in here once I tried on boost and once the models got ascetically more pleasing it was game over 

What was the first shoe that got yall into the game? Mine was the KD3 back in middle school. I was so immersed into Nike Basketball back then. How times have changed

Yeah I also liked those Rainbow LTDs a lot, still bummed the US release got scrapped.

I'm about to do a custom UB and I think I'm gonna make the toe a diff color, so you're probly gonna hate em [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I actually like the rainbow one too. Way more than the green/white.

you'll be fine. When it goes to your bank, it will re-route to the new one, assuming you replaced those cards with the same bank?

What was the first shoe that got yall into the game? Mine was the KD3 back in middle school. I was so immersed into Nike Basketball back then. How times have changed
Air Jordan 1 when I was 7 years old 
glasses.gif

jordan iv military blue. i agree the whole retro re-issue thing is a bit played out, but these are the only ajs ill buy if they do a re-release

Black/Red/White Lebron 4s I scooped when I was in middle school. Such a great shoe

Back
Top Bottom