Adam Jones (Orioles) to have his own sneaker on the Griffey Swingman Line

YES! Im from bmore and has been an O's fan my whole life. We got Millwood and now theres some kicks coming out to rock with my shirts and jerseys. Itsabout time the O's are getting exciting again cant wait to go to the games next season

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

I'm a huge Carl Crawford fan. That guy has all of the tools to be a megastar. I actually like him slightly less after hearing him give smoe dense interviews - but I won't get into that now. You know who else likes Carl Crawford? The answer is: Ken Griffey Jr. The Seattle slugger has included Crawford in a select group of players that will wear his signature shoe. Crawford's version of the shoe, dubbed the Swingman, will say CC13 on the side. Along with Crawford, Jimmy Rollins, Ryan Braun, Adam Jones, and Orlando Hudson will wear their own version of the Swingman. Congratulations to Ryan Braun on being the token white guy in the group. You can see a version of the Ken Griffey Jr. Swingman here and you can see the Jackie Robinson edition here. The Jackie Robinson ones are effing awesome.

from: http://www.bigleaguescrew...ken-griffey-jrs-swingman

pimp.gif

Dang...no love for the third best looking Swingmans in the league? My man, SpiderMan. Bill Hall wears Remixes on the regular but I don'tthink he gets his own color-blocking.

Good to see Mr. Jones finally getting his just due. I wish the M's would've held off just a little while longer. We all knew he was going to pan outhe just needed some time to play.

In the next few weeks, I'll be mixing it up between new footwear coverage and some recaps of the first-half cleats from the '08 MLB season. One of the best stories to develop this year has been the return of the Ken Griffey Jr. signature shoe. For the past few seasons, Griffey has worn PE's of his older signature models on newer Nike midsoles as well as a few PE's of non-signature shoes. They looked great, but as one of baseball's greatest enduring stars, it was surprising to see Griffey go without a new signature cleat since 2004. This year, Nike decided to change that with the Air Swingman Remix:
http://i34.tinypic.com/28mplqe.jpg
While it's technically not a completely "new" shoe (it combines the iconic designs of the Griffey 1 and Griffey 2), this is clearly one of the most exciting cleats that we've seen in years. They feature 20 "dots" on the upper to commemorate Junior's 20 years in the league, a Swingman logo embossed into the medial side in addition to the logo on the Griffey 2-inspired heel, and a few other design elements that just make these look amazing (pics via NT's gotta be tha shoes). The cement pattern on the above shoe is part of the PE - it won't be on the retail version. The pictured model is shown on Junior below:

via: http://playerexclusive.co...-air-swingman-remix-pes/
Article from 2008, I wonder who this gut who wrote the article is, seeing as he's getting pics from our members.
nerd.gif

all of those are real clean colorways. hopefully he'll wear some of those other colorways..cant wait for the season to start

Thanks Stansbury for the update... those last pair are the best IMO.

Can you ask him if there's gonna be a Swingman Remix 2?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Thanks Stansbury for the update... those last pair are the best IMO.

Can you ask him if there's gonna be a Swingman Remix 2?

In this order, for me.
55936327-1484ebc53706f5136eb5978af4810a8e.4b4987b5-scaled.jpg
55930789-97a4527f793a5bef28a62637da022a7f.4b4987c3-scaled.jpg
55929177-7da3eee208a4d74eedc615d0eda8aa64.4b4987d2-scaled.jpg
55933107-0ccd8487e55df9877284cc6c0c5c91d7.4b4987df-scaled.jpg

i asked him sinner, ill let you know if i get anything back

I told him that it is nice that Brian Roberts is finally going to have some competition as far as PE's go this year. He said that there will def. be somegood ones between the two of them.

this is long overdue imo Griffey is the greatest player of our era no questions asked, even more so that he played during the steriod era and he should havehad his own "swingman team" a long time ago

Originally Posted by VTdestefano

those are nice... they should give him a custom right-handed swingman logo on his PEs or something
pimp.gif

Nah, that wouldn't/shouldn't happen simply because Adam's a member of Griffey's Swingman line. That's Jr.'s logo. They would neverchange-up the Jumpman logo for one of their Team Jordan athletes.

Anyway... my picks, in this order.

Back
Top Bottom