? about Chicago rappers and fitted caps

What's up NT,
I was gonna post this question in the thread about the murders in Chicago this past weekend but decided I would get a better response in its own space. Fromreading that thread I was made aware that rocking your fitted a certain way signifies gang affiliation, and had me wondering if this was the reason that Chitown rappers rarely rock fitteds? When I think about it, I can't recall ever seeing Common or Kanye rock a fitted, and only seen Lupe and Twista rockingthem on a few occasions. Any input would be appreciated. 1

im sorry i dont understand, so you cant wear a chicago hat? or you cant wear it one way or another?

41VKPyoPYPL._AA280_.jpg

pimp.gif

I'm from STL, will my Cards fitted get a rise outta people? What about a Blues or Rams?

indifferent.gif
at me just realizing the Blues and Rams have the same colors.

Sorry y'all, maybe the question was not clear. Is this the reason Chi town rappers rarely rock fitteds?

those rappers just arent the "fitted type" ...twista, r.kelly etc. wear them. just keep your hat straight and your
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

those rappers just arent the "fitted type" ...twista, r.kelly etc. wear them. just keep your hat straight and your
pimp.gif
QFT lupe made kick push man

I haven't seen Common wear a baseball fitted since the I used to Love h.e.r. video and it wasn't tilted.

All my fitted hats now go in a box upon arrival to Chi-Town. Its a damn shame i cant even rock my style without some goon trying to catch me like a scene fromThe Wire.

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

right is folk
left is peoples

strait or regular is neutral lol i guess...iono

It has nothing to do with that, half of the people you mentioned just aren't "fitted people."

"they like to act tough, she like to tow em off, and make em straighten up their caps cause she know they soft"

What's with this sudden fear to wear a fitted baseball cap in Chicago??

If you look like a gang banger you're probably gonna get checked regardless. And don't be in a spot where you have no business being in.

I work in a community center in a bad neighborhood and wear a fitted White Sox or DePaul baseball cap with a big D or a demon on it every day and haven'thad any problems. Actually, I live in a bad neighborhood too. But I've left behind all those fears about what color I'm wearing and what I'mwearing many years ago in my early teenage years. I just dress pretty normal (polos, sports team t-shirts or t-shirts from our organization, jeans, baseballcap, and Sambas, Chucks, Purcells, or Jordans) in clothes that fit me right and I haven't really been bothered.

Wait...Did I miss something? Is this true? People will flex on you depending on the way you wear your HAT? Not even color, but the way it is worn?

Back
Top Bottom