a question for those whos been collecting for years..

if u were to decide to sell off most of your shoes but still wanted to keep a few, like say 1 colorway per numbered shoe. would you have a collection of all the white/red based shoes. black/red based shoes, blue based , ect. which would you prefer ??

^What he said.
I have sold a majority of my collection and only keep the ones I really like. Its not really about a certain color scheme but which color scheme is the best for the shoe at hand.

Originally Posted by wigglez25

i only like the colorways that i remember him wearing

THIS!
smile.gif

Straight up, these are the only J's I still mess with (model & colorways)

The ones I really liked growing up.

I'll keep the colorway that I like, whether it be the white/black, white/red or black/red one. Good topic; I like.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Straight up, these are the only J's I still mess with (model & colorways)

The ones I really liked growing up.
Sick collection!!

I wouldnt decide based strictly on color.

Some Jays look better blue to me and others look better red.

I agree with the black based talk. Black Cement 3s are just THEE shoe. IMO of course.

silly question, why limit to one base colour? some white, some black, some red, blue and green would be in my one pair per sig rotations. some og colourways, some retro+.

I had a huge collection of over 200 pairs in 2010. Took me about 5 years to amass. In mid 2010, I decided to sell off a huge chunk of my collection, as well as my entire rare video game collection to fund my finances engagement ring. I didn't have much choice at the time since I had to leave my job at the time, and my goal was to get engaged by 2010 no matter what.

I didn't realize how many non Original colorway stuff I had, yet all I really wore were classics. I sold 100 pairs, and I don't even miss them really. I do wish I didn't sell my laser 5's though.

So now that I'm doing well, I still buy, but I keep it all original colorways. Because I realized that I was just buying damn near everything that came out, and not wearing it.

This works well for me.

having only one colorway really limits the ability to buy certain clothes. Id want black/red and black/blue no white to worry about.

good topic im actually in the process of selling most of mine and keeping the ones that mean the most to me heres what im keepin and my reason

1 Black/Red banned!
2 Melo (im more of a Denver Nuggets fan then a Jordan 2 fan lol)
3 White Cements (classic cw and being that he won the dunk contest in these)
4 MARs (best colorway imo)
5 Grapes (best colorway imo)
6 Infrared (best colorway imo)
7 Olympic (best looking cw and he won olympic gold in these!)
8 Playoff (best cw imo)
9 White/Black -Red (best cw imo)
10 Chicago (his comeback shoes and the best cw next to them powder blues)
11 Space Jam (fav 11 and fav cartoon movie as a kid)
12 Taxis (best cw imo)
13 White/Black-Red (best cw and because i love that movie "He Got Game" Denzel is a great actor and i call Ray Allen jesus cuz of this movie lol)
14 Last Shots (best cw and he took his last shot as a champion bull)
20 Black/white (QS dope cw)
22 Basketball (they get alot of hate but i think it was a nice creative attempt)
23 All Star (if i only had the titaniums)

good stuff and good input guys! yea i think im gonna just keep my black based shoes since i feel its the ones i like the most and wear and just sell off the rest . i dont feel the need to have so many pairs anymore but i just cant fully let go.

It'd be hard for me to leave it at one color per number but if I was to do that then I'd probably have mostly blk/red colorways (especially 4-14 because of how much *** was kicked during playoff time) I'd have a few white blk and red sprinkled in there and maybe an all star game color but all of them would have to be O.G and a color Mj wore

Back
Top Bottom