a question for those whos been collecting for years..

Nike Air is all that matters to me. This is an old pic I've added alot more.

313120172.jpg

Originally Posted by old school 95

I like the og cw's,
This, but to take it 1 step further, I would keep the black/red based colorways

I-XIV is really all I would need. 

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Straight up, these are the only J's I still mess with (model & colorways)

The ones I really liked growing up.
That looks pretty much like what I would keep.  Very nice.

Why limit yourself to one color scheme though? Just keep the pairs you like.

Like most of the older guys in here, I agree that the OG colorways will always get top billing, but there are def some nice retro+ pairs that I won't part with:

White/Navy Japan I
Cool Grey IV
White/Linen X
Melo Uni Blue XII
White/Maize & Black/Maize XIII low

Originally Posted by aphexacid

I had a huge collection of over 200 pairs in 2010. Took me about 5 years to amass. In mid 2010, I decided to sell off a huge chunk of my collection, as well as my entire rare video game collection to fund my finances engagement ring. I didn't have much choice at the time since I had to leave my job at the time, and my goal was to get engaged by 2010 no matter what.

I didn't realize how many non Original colorway stuff I had, yet all I really wore were classics. I sold 100 pairs, and I don't even miss them really. I do wish I didn't sell my laser 5's though.

So now that I'm doing well, I still buy, but I keep it all original colorways. Because I realized that I was just buying damn near everything that came out, and not wearing it.

This works well for me.
Power to you for trimming the fat in your collection but using the money to buy an engagement ring is misguided. You basically sold MANY material items to buy ONE material item.

I would keep what I like nd thats mainly the ones he wore and the ones that have special memories to me from growing up during his reign.

iv been contemplating selling off all my retros and only keeping original releases. using the money to buy more of the ogs that i dont have

I would keep all the OG colors. If it came down to keeping one for each number I'd keep all my black/red cw's, with a few exceptions.
AJ 2 White/Black/Red
AJ 5 Grapes
AJ 7 Bordeaux
AJ 8 Aquas
AJ 12 Obsidian
AJ 15 Flint Grey
AJ 16 Cherrywood
AJ 17 College Blue
AJ 18 Black/Sport Royal

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by aphexacid

I had a huge collection of over 200 pairs in 2010. Took me about 5 years to amass. In mid 2010, I decided to sell off a huge chunk of my collection, as well as my entire rare video game collection to fund my finances engagement ring. I didn't have much choice at the time since I had to leave my job at the time, and my goal was to get engaged by 2010 no matter what.

I didn't realize how many non Original colorway stuff I had, yet all I really wore were classics. I sold 100 pairs, and I don't even miss them really. I do wish I didn't sell my laser 5's though.

So now that I'm doing well, I still buy, but I keep it all original colorways. Because I realized that I was just buying damn near everything that came out, and not wearing it.

This works well for me.
Power to you for trimming the fat in your collection but using the money to buy an engagement ring is misguided. You basically sold MANY material items to buy ONE material item.

misguided? thats a bold statement for someone who doesnt know him.  my first thought was he was cashing in one asset to invest in a happy future for himself.  to make the statement that an engagement ring is just "one material item" seems way more MISGUIDED to me.  i say bravo aphexacid...
on the topic at hand i agree to not worry about a common color scheme but to go by what colors suit each individual shoe, just my opinion...

I'm going to go against the grain and say I've been trying to limit buying too many black/red and white/red Js as of late. Don't get me wrong, I still dig og cws, especially if Mike wore 'em. But I prefer to mix things up a bit

I - Purple metallic, the only Is I own atm. If they release more OGs I'll bite, but I'm ok with these for now
II - none. Never owned any, and could never pull the trigger "just to own a pair"
III - WCs, kinda wished I bought the BCs instead. However...
IV - waiting on the blk/reds. Then I'll be cool with only have the IIIs in white
V - metallics, my first Js ever back in 1990. Some grapes would be nice tho
IV - varsity red/whites. Didn't get the infared pack as I'm not a huge fan of the breds
VII - hares atm, looking forward to the upcoming Olys
VIII - none. But another aqua release could temp me this go 'round
IX - Caroline blue/wht
X- the recent Chicagos. Could use some steels also
XI - Concords, with the breds and jams fighting for 2nd place

XII - I'm counting down to the "Playoffs" (may get rid of my Taxis & white/reds since I wore em both only twice each)
XIII - toss up between the playoffs & flints
XIV - graphites atm, will nab the Last Shots if the price is right
XV - none
XVI - CDP breds. Wouldn't mind Cherrywoods or the navy/wht
XVII - still got the blue/whts, sitting in the closet for years tho since they were a gift from my ex way back
XIII-XXII - don't own any, but could be enticed if proper retros are done
XXIII - stealths

Black based is the best to keep but i would make exceptions for some jordans like the 2's would be white.

Back
Top Bottom