90s Culture Appreciation vol. Intro

View media item 1569866
Bros, the '96 Olympics were pure greatness!! There were too many moments to name but here's a few

View media item 1569869
The U.S men's basketball team took home the gold

View media item 1569870View media item 1569871
Kerri Strug landing her last vault on ONE LEG for the win :x

View media item 1569872
Used to be IN LOVE with Dominique Dawes :wow:

View media item 1569873
My dude Kurt Angle :smokin

View media item 1569874
The Olympic edition GH2

View media item 1569875
Mia Hamm and the U.S women's soccer team taking gold

View media item 1569876
Floyd's Olympic debut

View media item 1569877
Michael Johnson setting the 200 meter world record

Overall we killed it that year, taking home 44 gold medals :nthat:

Last edited:
one of the things I miss about the 90's is movie sound tracks actually had fire songs on them. It's not like that now a days.

dam i used to love these
smokin.gif

pimp.gif

yes it was. I was hoping someone started a thread for it here. Shoulda done it myself. :lol: did you know it was actually kurt narrating those animated parts? I didn't realize all the **** they had in that storage locker somewhere untouched since he died. Amazing film. Has had me listening to nirvana for the past few weeks.

Yes, I knew Kurt narrated it. But, you should of started a thread. Most of NT probably don't even know who Kurt Cobain is. And they'll probably love who he was honestly. I'm 21, and know almost everything about him. Nirvana changed my life. Nirvana, they're an extreme inspiration to me. But, yes, everything from Kurt growing up as a child, to the discipline he took, to leaving his home, and turning to music, has been an inspiration to me. He risked everything, But, deep down in inside himself, as well as his mother, knew he'll make it; even if it killed him, in which it did. I've watched the doc about 16 times since it released. It is such a beautiful documentary that I couldn't get myself to not watch it as many times as I did. It grasps Kurt before the end of his time so perfectly. From his childhood footage, to his marriage with Courtney; to the time in his life where Frances was born. It's definitely probably one of the best documentary's I've ever took the time to watch. And, that's from the bottom of my heart. I love Kurt. When they announced that it'll be on HBO, I almost cried. Because, it isn't so often that you're blessed to watch such a wonderful documentary for free. But, I love Kurt, from the bottom of my heart. RIP. True inspiration. 

Kurt Cobain; Montage Of Heck, I hope everybody at least gives it a chance, Kurt fan or not, you'll love it. Beautiful film.

View media item 1556784

Have you checked out Soaked in Bleach ?

I haven't seen Montage yet. I've been reluctant to watch it because I know Courtney and Frances were pretty involved in it's production and I seriously question their ability to remain objective. Not because I think Frances is a bad person, but being raised by her mother, she's going to be indoctrinated with her side of the story.

I've never been a huge Nirvana fan, but I had a friend in highschool who was obsessed with Kurt. She would go on and on about how he was murdered by Courtney Love. Watching Soaked in Bleach brought back all those memories and how I wrote her off when she was rambling about his death being conspired by Love. Seeing everything she had said and then some being consolidated into a single documentary was pretty crazy. They provide handwriting samples, false missing persons reports filed by Love impersonating Kurts Mother and tons of recorded incriminating conversations between Love and the Private Investigator she had hired to investigate "Kurts disappearance". It's also interesting to note that not for one second in the Doc did they mention who they thought the murderer was. Instead, they merely presented nothing but facts that point to Love being the most probable conspirator for Kurts death. I'm sure this was also done to protect themselves legally, as Courtney has never been brought up on any charges related to the case. I still I feel the way it was made looks way worse for her than actually simply saying "we think Courtney did it".

It's really amazing to see the amount of damning evidence there is against her, how bad SPD botched the investigation and how they still continue to cover their tracks 20 years later. It was absolutely abysmal police work and they only continue to make it worse by denying others to view any files related to the case.

yo nostalgia geeks

do any of you remember this cartoon that had I think 3 different dudes who were maybe pilots and maybe had these suits that they could fly with that was armed with weaponry

and one of them was possibly named something McCloud or some **** 
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure it was on cartoon network

EDIT: wait nvm, found it 

pimp.gif

edit again: bruh Ace McCloud has to be one of the hardest names of the 80s/90s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom