90s Culture Appreciation vol. Intro

kb toys tho! 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Remember when the nerf football the whistle first came out?

When the infusion first dropped?

Revolutionary. Changed da game, b.

If you was really bout it tho, you kept your trading cards in this

670px-Collect-Pokémon-Cards-Step-7.jpg

I remember in the early to mid 90s it was all about sports cards. Then one day Pokemon cards came out and it was a wrap.

I never got a shaq rookie card :smh:

I had a couple charizards stuffed in one page slot tho :pimp:

Last edited:
Miss the 90's
-games on TNT, TBS, and Bulls games on WGN. But once we moved there was no more WGN during the Bulls run for the last 3 championships. (Still heated about that one)
-Kids were actually outside, now when I am driving I rarely see kids outside
-NIckoledeon during the daytime during the summer until it got cool enough to go outside during summer vacation.
-No social media to get in the mix. (Ex. The O.J. chase you had the Finals game and the chase at the same time and there was no other outlet to describe what was going on. To describe how big it was I vividly remember the Spanish channel and every other channel that I turned to having it broadcasted.)
-Jordan, Barkley, Michael Irvin and a host of other people who played pro sports are glad they came played when there was no TMZ, or cell phone cameras.
-Before you had all these talking heads on ESPN, you saw the same Sportscenter all day and ESPN 2 was fitness/weightlifitng shows
-No texting
-Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, even with the proper connections on the T.V. my Atari 2600, 5200, and 7800 still worked
-No digital cable boxes so you relied on preview guide or the actual T.V. guide magazine
-Fox Thursday nights and Fox Sunday nights
-Rap City after school, MTV and VH1 showed videos
-Tecmo Bowl (Great game, not like Madden updating the same stuff every year)
-Super Soakers
-No reality T.V.
-Triple Fat Goose jackets
-When the first Jordans retroed (1,2,3's) and there was no hype at all, and me saying those are ugly when I saw them for 29.99 and putting back down
-No youtube so If i wanted a song, I had to stay up late and record the song on the late showing of Rap City with the volume down low. Not to wake anyone with the radio up against the T.V.
-nintendo power pad
-NWO when they first appeared on WCW and Sting always hiding somewhere up high.
-NBA players playing all 82 games

Last edited:
Remember when the nerf football the whistle first came out?

I remember the vortex one with the thing on the back. Still have one and break it out for those beach days in the summer. :lol: I think it had jon Elway on the box because he could throw one like 200 yards or something Iirc haha

Didn't Marlon Wayans come on that season because he was smashin Tami?

She was linked to Pac too IIRC

From 6th grade (1998-99) to about 10th grade (2002-2003), "Rap city: The Basement" was my mandatory show to watch getting home from school. That's how I first heard 'Ha' by Juvenile. Also, back then, if yoru video is was on TRL on MTV, that was a big deal LOL! When I saw "Back that Thang up" by Juvenile on TRL in the summer of 1999, I thought that was nearly impossible LOL! I

I used to think it was odd seeing Eminem's videos being aired on BET for obvious reasons LOL!

Was a little too young to have one of these. Thought the older kids were soooo cool when I saw them with one of these

Bruh. Bug juice had me begging my mom to put me in a summer camp.

Finally got in one, and it was nothing like bug juice.

Joint was like reality TV before reality TV.

Bruh. Bug juice had me begging my mom to put me in a summer camp.

Finally got in one, and it was nothing like bug juice.

Joint was like reality TV before reality TV.
Yeah. I mean on one hand when I went to camp all I wanted to do was play basketball and football, go swimming, and paint stuff.

There were kids who indulged in the drama etc but that was if you actually looked for it

I dressed as goliath for one halloween
pimp.gif
The big gray one for yall who don't remember.

Brooklyn was my favorite though......mostly since I lived in Brooklyn at the time
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom