90s Culture Appreciation vol. Intro

swat_kats_by_blackwingedheart87-d2z3o0e.png

From 6th grade (1998-99) to about 10th grade (2002-2003), "Rap city: The Basement" was my mandatory show to watch getting home from school. That's how I first heard 'Ha' by Juvenile. Also, back then, if yoru video is was on TRL on MTV, that was a big deal LOL! When I saw "Back that Thang up" by Juvenile on TRL in the summer of 1999, I thought that was nearly impossible LOL! I

I used to think it was odd seeing Eminem's videos being aired on BET for obvious reasons LOL!
I remember when bet would play big pimping they would censor mtc from the line "MTV Jam of the week" :lol:

I'm so glad this thread isn't filled with Nickelodeon like most 90s threads/social media tributes

From 6th grade (1998-99) to about 10th grade (2002-2003), "Rap city: The Basement" was my mandatory show to watch getting home from school. That's how I first heard 'Ha' by Juvenile. Also, back then, if yoru video is was on TRL on MTV, that was a big deal LOL! When I saw "Back that Thang up" by Juvenile on TRL in the summer of 1999, I thought that was nearly impossible LOL! I

I used to think it was odd seeing Eminem's videos being aired on BET for obvious reasons LOL!

Son, this is me straight up 100%, was in 6th grade at that time too :lol:

Damn I wish I had one of those bikes. I only had one of those converitble electric cars. Cocaine white, freshest ninja on the block.

I'll play

View media item 1563331

When we got the black box... Everyone was on Jenna Jameson, I was on Jill Kelly

View media item 1563332

View media item 1563333

View media item 1563334

Hated MJ as kid, (i don't now) but I think this guy was universally loved by everyone in the 90s

View media item 1563335

View media item 1563336

View media item 1563337

Wore the hell out of this jersey as kid... Was the first jersey Mom's ever bought me so it's near and dear to my heart

View media item 1563338

South Central the TV Show

View media item 1563339

GOAT Cartoon of All times

View media item 1563340

Bigfoot... I'm craving dat grease!!!

View media item 1563341

and wash it down with one of these

View media item 1563342

My Black 90's sitcom Crush... she still banging doe

View media item 1563343

Wore this exact one all through Jr. High

View media item 1563344

View media item 1563345

The 80's were still better than the 90s :x :smokin :nerd:

The flaw about those bikes was that the pedal stroke pedal lengths were so short you could barely get the damn bike to over 5 MPH
aineem matter when you had da soda bottle to make the aujhentic motor cycle sound :smokin :smokin :smokin

dudes complaining about having the lime green gameboy color cause they wanted the purple one instead and i'm over here with the og grey joint hand me down from my brother. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Hella rollerskating(rollerblading) parties, that partner skate. Yeeeee 
pimp.gif

I thought All 4 one were simps even at a young age. Not even that they were relevant but I randomly saw them on youtube.

Those Filipino cats that hella liked r and b and sang, and serenaded the ladies. I miss them 
laugh.gif

Pirate DJs on 106 Kmel.

Jawbreakers.

Kickball, capture the flag, tag, super soakers, mongo bats,hide and seek these are all timeless but I was doing them tough in da 90s

When the Bay Area had sick *** stunnas 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and people were fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom