72-year-old woman tasered by police

A lot of you are more focused on her false perception that her age would save her from a ticket, you are missing the actions of the "cop."

Its some of her tax money that pays that sucker to do that type of mess. He probably turns the camera off when he gets someone black.

^ What exactly was he supposed to do? You're probably the same type that woulda said, "OMG did you see the way he viciously slammed that old lady tothe ground like that?"

eh.. old people think they can get away with anything.. she dared him to. repeatedly.

should he have tasered her? probably not..

am i mad at him for doint it? no.

Originally Posted by ToppShotta

^ What exactly was he supposed to do? You're probably the same type that woulda said, "OMG did you see the way he viciously slammed that old lady to the ground like that?"
Well it appeared to me that she dropped after being tasered.

I think that he could have put her in cuffs until she calmed down and made her sit down.

laugh.gif

He might have had the right, but he also has the discretion to determine if that action is necessary.

I think we all know that older folks have the idea that they can say whatever b/c of their age.

Let me try this differently...Knowing your grandma, grandpa or elderly family members, would any of you find it funny if they were tasered for TALKING back?not fighting, not threatening anyone, TALKING

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

He might have had the right, but he also has the discretion to determine if that action is necessary.

I think we all know that older folks have the idea that they can say whatever b/c of their age.

Let me try this differently...Knowing your grandma, grandpa or elderly family members, would any of you find it funny if they were tasered for TALKING back? not fighting, not threatening anyone, TALKING

Obviously he felt the action was needed.

All she had to do was put her hands behind her back.

If that was my grandmother then Id say yeah, she deserved it.

This lady told him "Im going back into my car"

And tried walking back into her car.

laugh.gif

And he warned her 5 times if she didnt stop shed be tasered.

Originally Posted by Nati P

Yea... I guess he just should have power bombed her to get her to comply then...
eyes.gif

I would have. Monster style

^ What exactly was he supposed to do? You're probably the same type that woulda said, "OMG did you see the way he viciously slammed that old lady to the ground like that?"
Well it appeared to me that she dropped after being tasered.

I think that he could have put her in cuffs until she calmed down and made her sit down.

I'm saying how did you want him to cuff her? Like that ^^^

What if she died though due to complications from being tasered? She's 72 years old. I think he could of just man handled her or wait for back up. Heshouldn't of tasered her. He's lucky she's ok.

The sounds she made while she was being tasered made me chuckle though...she took it like a champ. "Don't taser me Bro"

Originally Posted by Nati P

Yea... I guess he just should have power bombed her to get her to comply then...
eyes.gif

I would have. Monster style
^ Fedor smoked dude after he got slammed in that fight. Arm bar i think?

Anyways... Old lady deserved what she got, old people cant just run around doing what they want cause theyre old
smh.gif
smh.gif

She wasn't a danger to him... dude took excessive force to the next level.

And to all you dudes saying I see no problem with it

Had she been black I guarantee you would feel differently
smh.gif

^ not even close to true. the problem was not the danger to him, the problem was the danger in trying to safely arrest an old woman without causing her harmwhile she is being extremely difficult.

especially in a simple situation like that there's no reason for a citizen to treat a police that way who is doing his job. society depends on police beingable to assert their authority. just because her crime was not very serious doesn't mean she can speak to someone like that.

I would've probably risked injury cuffing her rather than using the taser but I understand why a police wouldn't want to manhandle an old woman who isgoing to resist.

dude was in a lose lose situation.

she TOLD the cop she was going back to the car and TOLD the cop she wasnt signing !@*$. he gave her light shoves a few times in that video and even thoselight shoves looked like more than the chick could really handle. had he tried to restrain and cuff her and use force people would have basically screamed hedid what that gif is showing

and if that was my grandmother, I wouldn't allow her to drive if she was that old and senile to be acting a fool like that. but that lady aint senile, shejust has a terrible attitude

ps: Austin, TX stand up
laugh.gif

I do have a problem with it....this woman could be some of you NTer's grandmothers (great Gma for the rest of you)

So what if she doesn't sign the ticket, give it to her and go work

Tasers can kill and this was an inproper use. He couldn't have possibly felt impending danger from a 72 yo woman.
If this were my grandmother I'd have to ask WTH was she thinking? Just sign the damn ticket and fight your battles in court. She has to signthe ticket otherwise how could it be valid?

Tasers can kill, but you know what else can kill? Standing out in the middle of a lane on a damn highway. The danger wasn't the woman herself but thedanger she could have placed the deputy or even her damn self by walking around recklessly on the highway. I don't know about you but I'm not lettinganyone no matter their age put me in danger just because they wanna cop an attitude.

Back
Top Bottom