5'6 Aquille Carr Is The BEST Sophomore In The Nation; Takes Over With 38 Points vs City

Bout to get my DC on, with the bump

Tiny sophomore point guard lands $750,000 Italian pro offer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you stand just 5-foot-6, you usually aren't considered a basketball prodigy.

When you are just a 17-year-old sophomore in high school, you usually aren't considered a pro prospect.

Aquille Carr -- in what many will consider a surprise -- apparently is both.

The quick-as-lightning, high-scoring, show-stopping point guard from Patterson (Md.) High School returned from a recent tournament in Milan, Italy, with a $750,000 contract offer that conceivably could be worth nearly $1 million.

Really? Yes.

But before anyone need shout that this is just the latest example of too-much too-soon in the youth athletic world, realize this -- the offer from Lottomatica Virtus Roma of the Italian league actually makes sense when you break it down.

It's the result of a perfect storm of events that culminated with Carr leading the U.S. team to a gold medal at the Junior International Tournament in Milan in late April.

Read the rest: http://rivals.yahoo.com/h...ia?urn=highschool-wp1862

I say he should take the money!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you stand just 5-foot-6, you usually aren't considered a basketball prodigy.

When you are just a 17-year-old sophomore in high school, you usually aren't considered a pro prospect.

The quick-as-lightning, high-scoring, show-stopping point guard from Patterson (Md.) High School returned from a recent tournament in Milan, Italy, with a $750,000 contract offer that conceivably could be worth nearly $1 million.

Really? Yes.

But before anyone need shout that this is just the latest example of too-much too-soon in the youth athletic world, realize this -- the offer from Lottomatica Virtus Roma of the Italian league actually makes sense when you break it down.

It's the result of a perfect storm of events that culminated with Carr leading the U.S. team to a gold medal at the Junior International Tournament in Milan in late April.

Originally Posted by romedadude

Really? Yes.

he a fellow east baltimore dude, he gonna take that money n get buckets
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by romedadude

Really? Yes.

he a fellow east baltimore dude, he gonna take that money n get buckets
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Man, I'd take that in a second if I was him.

This. 5'6 guard isn't guaranteed to make a lot of money over here. At 16 you have to take that.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Man, I'd take that in a second if I was him.

This. 5'6 guard isn't guaranteed to make a lot of money over here. At 16 you have to take that.

He may not qualify academically for college and hes going to be 18. This is a no brainer type deal for this kid. Hopefully he turns pro.

He may not qualify academically for college and hes going to be 18. This is a no brainer type deal for this kid. Hopefully he turns pro.

Anybody know what the actual number of Americans on Euro rosters looks like? on average how many players from the states per team. I'm assuming it's a decent amount?

Anybody know what the actual number of Americans on Euro rosters looks like? on average how many players from the states per team. I'm assuming it's a decent amount?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

It varies from league to league. Some have a 3 to 4, others have one.

Check this US Basket link: http://www.usbasket.com/Americans-Overseas.asp

Look up a few of your favorite college players from a few years back and check their teams to see how many Americans there are.

Others have abdsurd rules regarding Americans/imports. For instance in the Korean Basketball League each team is allowed two foreign players, but in the second and third quarter of all games, only one import is allowed to play at any one time.

But, Carr has to take the money, not too many guys get that kind of money playing overseas. And I hear alot of guys say "I wanna play overseas," but the don't realize you might not get paid on time, you have rigorous practice schedules, and most importantly you'll be far away from home.

Former GW player Mike Hall went in a few months back: http://blog.shamsports.co...to-know-that-things.html

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

It varies from league to league. Some have a 3 to 4, others have one.

Check this US Basket link: http://www.usbasket.com/Americans-Overseas.asp

Look up a few of your favorite college players from a few years back and check their teams to see how many Americans there are.

Others have abdsurd rules regarding Americans/imports. For instance in the Korean Basketball League each team is allowed two foreign players, but in the second and third quarter of all games, only one import is allowed to play at any one time.

But, Carr has to take the money, not too many guys get that kind of money playing overseas. And I hear alot of guys say "I wanna play overseas," but the don't realize you might not get paid on time, you have rigorous practice schedules, and most importantly you'll be far away from home.

Former GW player Mike Hall went in a few months back: http://blog.shamsports.co...to-know-that-things.html

People will make it out to be some moral issue saying, "Oh that guy should finish HS."

Well I think he should take it now. I doubt he will ever be in a position to make more. We don't know what will happen in the future. Take the money and go about your ways man. No need for institutionalized Baltimore City Education. He isn't getting anything out of that.

See the world, become cultured. Play with some Italianas. Take it.

People will make it out to be some moral issue saying, "Oh that guy should finish HS."

Well I think he should take it now. I doubt he will ever be in a position to make more. We don't know what will happen in the future. Take the money and go about your ways man. No need for institutionalized Baltimore City Education. He isn't getting anything out of that.

See the world, become cultured. Play with some Italianas. Take it.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

He's 17? Damn.

it just means he was held back a year... usually you 16 by the end of your soph year... its not that big of a deal honestly.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

He's 17? Damn.

it just means he was held back a year... usually you 16 by the end of your soph year... its not that big of a deal honestly.

Back
Top Bottom