51st State To Be Proposed, South California

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

laugh.gif
@ Los Angeles being part of NorCal

Really though this is what stood out in that whole article
laugh.gif

All we need to do is have NYC secede from the rest of the state and we'll be good. Upstate NY drains the city of its tax dollars every year and we get the short end of the stick.

All we need to do is have NYC secede from the rest of the state and we'll be good. Upstate NY drains the city of its tax dollars every year and we get the short end of the stick.

Lets just wait for California to have an earthquake and float off in the ocean and forget about it

Lets just wait for California to have an earthquake and float off in the ocean and forget about it

Originally Posted by Furrell

Negativo. The needs of the city vs. upstate NY are night and day so it may seem like becoming separate states makes sense but I think we lose in the long run. Its where we get all of our water from plus most of our agriculture, and exports. 
Also the avg income and cost of living is low upstate and high in the city. Our state sales tax is 4% (among the lowest in the country). The only reason it is that low is because Upstate cannot really afford much more than that. So if they are no longer in the equation, sales tax would go up. Minimum wage would also go up (which is actually hurts the poor). And Im from Brooklyn
IMO

Originally Posted by Furrell

Negativo. The needs of the city vs. upstate NY are night and day so it may seem like becoming separate states makes sense but I think we lose in the long run. Its where we get all of our water from plus most of our agriculture, and exports. 
Also the avg income and cost of living is low upstate and high in the city. Our state sales tax is 4% (among the lowest in the country). The only reason it is that low is because Upstate cannot really afford much more than that. So if they are no longer in the equation, sales tax would go up. Minimum wage would also go up (which is actually hurts the poor). And Im from Brooklyn
IMO

i like how they basically left all the major cities out of the proposed SOcal that would be technically in south california

i like how they basically left all the major cities out of the proposed SOcal that would be technically in south california

Back
Top Bottom