40k salary for a job you like or 100k for a job you don't like?

I'm not saying the opportunity isn't there, but being your own boss requires organization, a high level of self-sufficiency, and creativity. Three aspects many people don't have or realize before self-actualization.

I don't agree

Making money only requires two things, selling the right service or product , my boy does computer and mobile repair and he makes 4k a month . I have another friend who does internet consulting for small business .He helps them with their social media and website designs and he makes 6k a month. Both of them are still growing , so when its all said and done they will pass 10k a month soon time.

You don't need to be that great to start a business ,you just have to have the heart to try , you would be surprised how peoples ideas turn into major money. You don't need a big business to make big money.

Last edited:
^

I don't know where you're at, but 4k a month isn't **** over here

And is that 4k before or after taxes? What about medical? 401k?

If you have business savvy then starting your own business is fine. But if you're just doing it so you don't have to "work for the man" or "make someone else rich" then it's probably not going to end well...

You think people who make 100k+ work "40 hours a week"?

Think again :lol:

A lot of y'all are wild short sighted. Am I the only one that looks at 40k as temporary? Y'all don't get raises/promotions?

****, the 100k is temporary too.

Allllll of this ...

Making money only requires two things, selling the right service or product , my boy does computer and mobile repair and he makes 4k a month.

You don't need to be that great to start a business ,you just have to have the heart to try , you would be surprised how peoples ideas turn into major money.
"Right service or product" is largely dependent on quality concept, timing, and luck. Those factors alone make it difficult, and I'm not saying this to discourage or deter others from conducting their own business.

4k a month though.....

At that point I'd rather be "taken advantage of" and have medical and dental :lol:

That's the mindset that will keep you at a job for the rest of your life

Think about it , my boy who owns the repair shop is only making 4k a month but he just started 5 months ago and he did it without asking anyone for a check

In about a year i am sure he will hit 10k and he is still in his 20's. How long does it take someone at a job working the corporate ladder to get to 10k ?

You got to see the big picture , a business can go from 3k-15k quick a job can't ,I quit my job 6 months ago and i am making the same amount i was making at my old job in my business right now and still growing

Last edited:
Folks would be shocked at the amount of freedom you have in corporate America the higher you get. Sometimes you have 12 hour days, other times, you'll have... days.

4k a month though.....

At that point I'd rather be "taken advantage of" and have medical and dental :lol:

Think about it , my boy who owns the repair shop is only making 4k a month but he just started 5 months ago and he did it without asking anyone for a check

In about a year i am sure he will hit 10k and he is still in his 20's. How long does it take someone at a job working the corporate ladder to get to 10k ?

You got to see the big picture , a business can go from 3k-15k quick a job can't ,I quit my job 6 months ago and i am making the same amount i was making at my old job in my business right now and still growing

this
takes time to build up that clientele
got to be a risk taker and if you can afford to live off that to start off with, go for it

"Right service or product" is largely dependent on quality concept, timing, and luck. Those factors alone make it difficult, and I'm not saying this to discourage or deter others from conducting their own business.

Excuses

The internet made everything toooo easy .....

People are making 5k from ebay lol

^

I don't know where you're at, but 4k a month isn't **** over here

And is that 4k before or after taxes? What about medical? 401k?

If you have business savvy then starting your own business is fine. But if you're just doing it so you don't have to "work for the man" or "make someone else rich" then it's probably not going to end well...
Feel bad for you cats that live up north or in Cali. Bc 100k a year and single will have you living really really nice in major cities in the south.

Last edited:
4k a month though.....

Ya'll do know a lot of folks holding senior corporate positions have serious businesses going right? having a higher start up capital and a large network doesn't hurt.

4k a month though.....

Except that it didn't :lol:

Just the way you're talking about "your boy" and how "sure" you are that he'll be DOUBLING his revenue "soon" lead me to believe there is more idealism than practical experience here.

But hey, maybe you are that familiar with the economics of your boy's business.

And idealism works well for some people. And not so well for others. Hope it works out well for you.

Last edited:
I mean yeah, who would go back if they are making a 100K off the bat. Plus I am sure you would have invested in things like a house and what not and going to a 40K job won't cut paying the bills. This really applies to people that are starting off (I assume).
I don't even know you yet I wouldn't even do that to you. Like a lot of people with power, they become super picky. She is not only unattractive but she feels because she makes money that she deserves hot looking guy that is a CEO of some sorts.

Folks would be shocked at the amount of freedom you have in corporate America the higher you get. Sometimes you have 12 hour days, other times, you'll have... days.
my MD hasn't touched excel in 3 weeks

.:lol:

Excuses

The internet made everything toooo easy .....

People are making 5k from ebay lol

I need those Oreo IV's. 9.5/10.

Can we work something out?

I make 6 figs. Actually, just filed my taxes and my gross was $120k. I don't love my job but I don't hate it either. My passion is not my work. My passion is what I do outside work which is spending time with my boys, volunteering at the church, and just providing for my family. Having disposable income while seeing my nest egg ain't bad either. My job enables me to do what I love. I don't work a min. more than 40 hours a week. I actually work less probably because I am so efficient.

Follow your dream or do something you love is a nice sound bite but it doesn't pay the bills. Sorry to burst some of your bubbles.

Last edited:

I don't blame them cause they rake doing that

I get that, my point is they have all the money they need (want I guess), but they are miserable. I know this isn't always the case

My opinion is hospitals are straight up stressful ....

And to be honest I think it's cause there's too much estrogen flowing

Women here bicker about the dumbest ****
Hospitals are stressful to work in for a million different reasons, and that's definitely one of them.  I thought my job before nursing was bad, but at least those dudes had the decency to say how they felt to my face.  The women I work with now will do just about everything else (silent treatment, passive-aggressive refusal to help, checking your work for mistakes, snitching, rumor-spreading, etc.) in order to get back at someone.  Head games for days.

Lol yea **** be crazy....

Sometimes I can't tell the difference between a work day and an off day.
Don't know why these dudes acting like everyone puts in 80 hour weeks.

Follow your dream or do something you love is a nice sound bite but it doesn't pay the bills. Sorry to burst some of your bubbles.

Sorry to break it to you, but I am living proof that this is false. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule. But you don't really believe that people that love what they do can't pay bills, do you?

I know athletes, personal trainers, musicians, chefs. People who work in film and TV. People who work upfront. People behind the scenes in these industries.

****, I know people who play poker for a living that make more than both of us combined :lol:

I'll spare you specifics of salary etc. but let's just say me, my family (wife + kids)....our bubble is very much intact....with no debt beyond a mortgage....in NYC. And everybody got bedroom :lol:

Again, there's no right answer here. You have your perspective. But it's just that. YOUR perspective. Judging from your reply, you're not really familiar with an alternate perspective.

The underlying theme to all of this, that no one has mentioned.....a lot of this boils down to how hard you work. For someone else. For yourself. For someone else as a means to work for yourself.

I'm fine working extra hours for extra money because I love what I do. And because it allows me to do for my family.

****, I paid for my family to go to Italy for my moms birthday a few years back. Wouldn't have it any other way.

You got to see the big picture , a business can go from 3k-15k quick a job can't

I see we're going back and editing now....

Also false. Be great at what you do. Let someone else try to hire you away from your company.

You either make more if you leave. Or make more if your current employer wants you to stay.

And for the record, a business can also go from 15k-3k quick.

We're doing circles here. Again, one man's perspective. I wish you all prosperity in your future endeavors.

Last edited:
100K for something I don't like. Definitely

And when I clock out *Big Sean Voice* "I DONT **** WITH YOUU"

Make them racks and take care of my fam, then use that experience to step out into new opportunities.

I mean ****, how many of us start off at a job we "like" or "love" anyway?

I'll work that frustrating 100k job for a couple years then bounce when I found something better.

I'd rather negotiate new salaries starting over 100k rather than over 40k..

You think people who make 100k+ work "40 hours a week"?

Think again :lol:

A lot of y'all are wild short sighted. Am I the only one that looks at 40k as temporary? Y'all don't get raises/promotions?

****, the 100k is temporary too.

Allllll of this ...

The federal government would like to have a word with you two :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom