4/8 POST WRESTLEMANIA XXX BREAKING NEWS - ULTIMATE WARRIOR SUDDENLY PASSES AWAY

It was, he couldn't go more than 2 min at that point so it had to be quick :lol:

:lol: at press slamming the copy machine

It's crazy to think that he was essentially giving his own eulogy on Monday...
Word, it's wild man. Some people just know their days are numbered, might be the case here. Never really watched any of his stuff, tbh, but I'll probably run back some of those bigger Wrestlemania matches.

Anybody got the gif with Queen Sherri? That one's always good for a laugh :lol:

Last edited:
I was so hype when he returned to save Hogan at WM8 then he pulled his Warrior backstage crap and was gone again :smh:

ibmQlNBQgbzqO8.gif
the ultimate gif

Last edited:
R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior.  It's crazy that we all saw him on TV just a few hours ago and now he's gone.  He had such an eventful weekend, and we got to witness it.  The emotions his family has to be dealing with right now. 

Vince played the Warrior good :lol:

On July 10, 1991, Warrior sent a letter to Vince McMahon requesting what was to be included in Warrior's new WWF contract. Warrior requested $550,000 for performing at WrestleMania VII as well as a guaranteed number of working days, travel accommodations, and a higher percentage of merchandise sales. In particular, Warrior remarked that the $550,000 figure "was not fair," and that "(Warrior) meant as much or more to the show than Hulk." Warrior ended his letter by stating, "Whatever your decision, I can and will live with it. Till then I remain home with one who cares."[28][29]

The WWF responded on July 13, 1991 and stated that he would be paid $550,000 for WrestleMania VII, he would receive a higher royalty rate and no other WWF performer would be paid more than him on WWF pay per views. Vince McMahon personally ended the letter by saying, "I would like to express my deepest appreciation and admiration for you as a performer, as a member of the WWF family, as a man, and as my friend."[30][31]

Following WWF's annual SummerSlam event, Warrior was handed a letter dated August 26, 1991 from Vince McMahon stating that Warrior would be suspended effective immediately. Among other things, Vince stated, "you threatened to 'stay at home' thereby not even appearing at Titan's major summer pay-per-view event SummerSlam. I had no choice but to accede to your exorbitant demands. This was a serious mistake on your part." Vince later testified that the only reason the company agreed to the contract was to "acquiesce to his demands temporarily" to ensure Warrior would perform at the SummerSlam event.[32][33]

Upon receiving the letter, Warrior refused the suspension and left the WWF. Warrior formally sent a letter of resignation to the WWF in October 1991. The WWF refused to accept the letter since Warrior was under contract until September 1992

I remember when I was a kid/teenager I'd always stay glued to the tv so I could see what kind of paint UW was going to be wearing..And I think the thing I'll always remember him for, besides the Hogan match, was how cool he made the IC/WHC belt look..It was always a big deal to me and my friends to see what color belt he'd be wearing on tv or a ppv..

That white leather Winged Eagle belt and the yellow IC belt are my 2 favorite WWE/F title belts of all time..The one thing nobody can ever take from him was his originality..From the different leather on his belts, to the 100 different styles of make-up, to the crazy air brushed trench coats the guy was in a category by himself..I still got my Coliseum Home Video vhs of WrestleMania 6 and my UW wrestling buddy in my parents basement somewhere..

I was never a Warrior 'fan" but I respected him and always loved the energy he brought to the ring.

He's a legend and will be missed.

Back
Top Bottom