Ink the deal already ai, start for us on saturday
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The knicks are $%^&*!# playin games man. WE NEED A.I especially if they wanna sell them expensive tickets for the rest of the season

What's the worst that could happen. Bring in AI, let him do his thing, bring some excitement to this team. Let's do it.

tired.gif
Big J 33 wrote:

What's the worst that could happen. Bring in AI, let him do his thing, bring some excitement to this team. Let's do it.

we've seen what CAN happen.

compound that with a joke of a team that is not getting better any time soon.

it will become an even bigger joke. Why dont people realise this. Have a little pride in your team. Not in the individual players but the orange and blue.
tired.gif

The only way this team gets worse is if they sit out the rest of the season and forfeit all the games. NY becomes a bigger joke by every loss we get thisseason, add that to the fact that we don't even get out damn draft pick this year.

What team is there to even have pride in? Most of these guys know they won't be here next year, so what do they have to play for? And they know it and playlike it. I love the Knicks, and I've been a fan since I can remember, but I'm not a blind homer who thinks this team can make it to the playoffs.I'm a fan with realistic expectations and who wants a team that will work hard no matter what. That ain't this team, and frankly, there isn't muchwe can do between now and 2010 to make this team better. I for one don't want to watch this team go 10-72 all season and continue to play like crap. Bringin Iverson, and see if he can make a difference, win us a FEW more games, and give this team someone who goes out and gives it his all every night, and whowants to win basketball games.

I don't see this team getting any worse than it is. People are saying AI will hinder our young players and mess up their development.
Look who we have for pg....duhon. He can't penetrate, cant finish, cant shoot, doesn't push the tempo. All these things are essential to dantonissystem especially coming from the most important position in his system.

With AI we finally have a bonafide attacker besides nate who can create havoc. Not only will the defense finally respect someone on our team but this will openeven more opportunities for our young players when ai drives and kicks. AI is getting up there with age and isn't what he use to be but he can still pushthe ball and make us an uptempo team instead of waiting for dudu everytime to come up court.

As for Curry he did better than I thought he would in his first game. We actually played better when he was on the floor. One thing you can't deny is hislow post presence and he did get us to the ft line a bunch of times. With curry back this finally allows dlee to move to pf because he sucks at c. Now he canhelp out and hope that curry comes in for the help defense.

"If" AI joins the knicks this would be my lineup

PG: AI
SG: Hughes
SF: Gallo
PF: Dlee
C: Curry

Wilson,tdouglas,nate,jhill,darko off the bench.
Waive Duhon and Harrington or trade them for second round picks.
AI kick and drive + Curry passing out a double = Gallo's jumper
pimp.gif

Also it would only be for this year. 1 year probably veterans minimum around 1.5 mill. Doesn't mess up 2010
pimp.gif

as good as hughes has been playing defensively, i want him + duhon out.
AI-Chandler-Gallo-Lee-Darko
Nate,Douglas, Al, Jefferies , Curry as the 2nd unit would be decent.
duhon+jefferies+hughes for a pack of cookies if it matters. just get these guys away so more PT can be given to the yougins and most importantly, hill.

Nah u wildin. Hughes has the ability to run pg for us allowing us to shift ai to sg which is his primary position. Hughes can also defend the opposing sg andai can defend the opposing pg. We lose if duhon steps on the court and ai is replacing harrington as designated chucker.

Trade duhon for late first round pick.
Trade harrington for a second round pick.
Trade jeffries with nate for expiring.

if anyone thinks this will hinder Gallo, they are a moron.

He has struggled to get his own shot, and AI will get him a ton of more open looks.

you're crazy if you think duhon has more value then buckets.
and buckets > hughes on this team right now.
douglas can guard anyone just as good as hughes.

Nah im not saying duhon has more value lol im just tryna squeeze out anything we can get for them word to you trading em for cookies.

Al has been terrible so far and hasn't changed 1 bit since the offseason. He made all these promises to be leader and pass more but he still chucking.
Don't be fooled cuz he hit those 2 3's for us in last nights game. We got lucky those shots fell cuz if they didn't we could have easily lostanother one.

Hughes is playing way better than Al right now in all aspects of the game. Hughes is better defensively and his passing is much better than buckets.

Douglas is playing well on defense but he is still only a rookie. Plus hughes has been with ai before when they were on the sixers together.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

I don't see this team getting any worse than it is. People are saying AI will hinder our young players and mess up their development.
Look who we have for pg....duhon. He can't penetrate, cant finish, cant shoot, doesn't push the tempo. All these things are essential to dantonis system especially coming from the most important position in his system.

With AI we finally have a bonafide attacker besides nate who can create havoc. Not only will the defense finally respect someone on our team but this will open even more opportunities for our young players when ai drives and kicks. AI is getting up there with age and isn't what he use to be but he can still push the ball and make us an uptempo team instead of waiting for dudu everytime to come up court.

As for Curry he did better than I thought he would in his first game. We actually played better when he was on the floor. One thing you can't deny is his low post presence and he did get us to the ft line a bunch of times. With curry back this finally allows dlee to move to pf because he sucks at c. Now he can help out and hope that curry comes in for the help defense.

"If" AI joins the knicks this would be my lineup

PG: AI
SG: Hughes
SF: Gallo
PF: Dlee
C: Curry

Wilson,tdouglas,nate,jhill,darko off the bench.
Waive Duhon and Harrington or trade them for second round picks.
AI kick and drive + Curry passing out a double = Gallo's jumper
pimp.gif

Also it would only be for this year. 1 year probably veterans minimum around 1.5 mill. Doesn't mess up 2010
pimp.gif
Waive Harrington? Come on man hes been the closest thing weve had to a consistent scorer since we got her, he has good size and athletisism, hefits our system well, and he loves playing in NY. I say keep him around for the season. All for getting ourselves rid of Duhon any way possible though. Im nota fan of AI running the point but he can make it work with Larry at the 2 cause they compliment each other nicely. On offense Larry is able to do alot of theball handling and would be able to take alot of the PG duties off AI and make him primarily a scorer which is what we want from him, and on D, AI can stillguard the points instead of getting bodied by 2s cause Larry has good size and would be able to guard the 2. So i think that is a good combination in terms ofour starting backcourt, but than Duhon on this team just creates a logjam on the bench. Nate is clearly the 6th Man and will get moe minutes than Duhon on thebench and than we should want to get Douglas as much time as possible because he is a rookie and part of the future, and Duhon will just hold him back... andat this point i cannot even really say im 100% sure that Duhon is even better RIGHT NOW than Douglas. In fact im 60-70% sure that Douglas is the better playerright now
laugh.gif
smh.gif

And Curry while he showed signs in his 1st game is not even CLOSE to being a starter yet. Come on man he hasnt played in 1 in a half years and was never reallyas good as any of yall make him out to be. Im all down for trying to work him back into the rotation (personal hate aside) now that he FINALLY lost weight andwe are 1-9, but you gotta WORK him in like we did last night. Not hoist him into the starting lineup. And i think/know D'Antoni is smarter than that. Anddespite playing decently yesterday imo, EC DID also have 3 TOs and 4 fouls in 11 minutes. That is terrible.

And allen i agree with you on the point you made about Gallo. Everytime he gets the ball defenders are breathing on him. This is because he has not been takingit to the hoop and defenders dont respect his driving and there is NO dribble penetration to get defenders off him with Duhon at the point. With AI on thisteam imo he would open up more open shots for Gallo and more driving oppurtunities.
it will become an even bigger joke. Why dont people realise this. Have a little pride in your team. Not in the individual players but the orange and blue.
tired.gif

if there is one player who should NEVER be classified with a lack of pride in his team it is Allen Iverson. Because if there is one thing aboveeverything else that you know that AI will bring here that we need, is not his scoring. It is his winning attitude, along with his heart and his colossal senseof pride that he brings. Even if every single thing fails when AI gets here the one thing that i can be 100% certain of is that my man AI will bring it allnight in and night out and have pride in himself and his team. Say all that you want about AI, but you can never question his heart or his pride. AI embodieswhat it takes to put play in MSG and to be a Knick, i think that is a large part of why he is my favorite player and the reason i always wanted him to be aKnick. You wanna talk about pride? Well personally i think this team has 0 pride right now, because night in and night out dudes go out, and they half $!% allgame long, and its like they dont even give a %!*$ about losing. We are a pushover. Allen Iverson will do everything it takes to make sure that doesnt happen.AI will not hut our team's pride, but he will help us out in that area. You admit that we have no pride in the oprange and blue, and that is not a reasonto NOT want AI. Because that is EXACTLY what AI will bring to this team. Why wouldnt you want a guy like that when we need scoring which he is great at also??

Do not bring up "lack of pride" when you are talking about Allen Iverson. Ever again. Because this team, RIGHT NOW has 0 pride. Please and thank you.
indifferent.gif

Starting Curry is solely to showcase him and get him out of here asap. Ai and hughes are interchangeable in the backcourt so it really doesn't matter whoplays pg or sg.

Bottom line ai will bring toughness, leadership, and heart to this team something they all lack.

we cant even get ourselves rid of jefferies yet.
i still want to do kenny thomas+sergio for nate+jefferies.
it just makes too much sense.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

Starting Curry is solely to showcase him and get him out of here asap. Ai and hughes are interchangeable in the backcourt so it really doesn't matter who plays pg or sg.

Bottom line ai will bring toughness, leadership, and heart to this team something they all lack.
eh, i dunno about leadership
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
but I do agree about toughness and heart

if we gotta move a player i say duhon to orlando for a draft pick. if we dont get AI, i've been hearing something involving ellis + anthony randolph....

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

if we gotta move a player i say duhon to orlando for a draft pick. if we dont get AI, i've been hearing something involving ellis + anthony randolph....
word. Id take Orlandos 2nd rounder for Duhon ANY day. And with Duhon being an expiring contract, and with Jameers injury. Im sure they happilywould as well.

And no way in hell GS gives up Anthony Randolph. He would be TOO perfect in this system though, but what the #$%@ do we have to give up where GS would give useither Ellis or Randolph let alone both??
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

word. Id take Orlandos 2nd rounder for Duhon ANY day. And with Duhon being an expiring contract, and with Jameers injury. Im sure they happily would as well.

And no way in hell GS gives up Anthony Randolph. He would be TOO perfect in this system though, but what the #$%@ do we have to give up where GS would give us either Ellis or Randolph let alone both??
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
most likely just rumors. i'd say if anything chandler, curry, nate....seemslike the owner wants ellis out thats y

I doubt Orlando would want Duhon, they have J-Will as Jameer's back up and he should do fine as the starter, and with Rashard back he won't need tofill the void for Jameer's offense.

Back
Top Bottom