Cont'd

I can't help but think that the Knicks need a bruiser/intimidater that can deter other teams from just pushing the knicks around. Last night, after 2 hard picks from Armstrong that landed Douglas on his behind, there was no retaliation! I'm not saying they need a brawl, but they need somebody to step up and maybe throw some elbos around just to let other teams know that we have a spine.
------------------------------
I somewhat agree with that in the sense that there is obvious disrespect -- or should I say a lack of respect -- for the Knicks by their opponents. Zero intimidation in the paint and no one comes into the Garden fearing the opponent. But I don't think you just go starting fights just to show your tough. Isiah tried that tactic by talking tough and it got him nowhere. You want to show toughness? Play hard and beat people. Look at what the Houston Rockets are doing with that roster! Tell me that's not a "tough" team.
Well, Rudy Gay will be available as a restricted free agent. He was seeking $12M per, which is less than a max. Would be a good addition. Not a savior, but an upgrade in talent.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Come on son.

Chris Duhon has started the season averaging 40 mpg. Do you see his minutes coming down around 35 or so once Nate gets back or possibly Hughes spells him at PG or does the staff just feel better with him manning the point for as much as possible?
------------------------------------------
I noticed that. Here we expected Duhon's minutes would be more under control and there wouldn't be as much of a burden to avoid the second-half breakdown he had last season. So far, it's exactly what we saw last season. Mike D depends so much on his PG and if he doesn't trust the backup (Douglas) he won't play him.
Can you name a starting PG in the NBA with worse court vision than Chris Duhon? I counted at least 4 times last night where he missed a wide open teammate under the hoop.
----------------------------------
He does hesitate to make some passes. Perhaps he's being overly cautious with his decision-making, because I watched his eyes a few times on the break and you can tell he "sees" the pass, but he doesn't pass it. Is he concerned about his assist-to-turnover ratio? Or is he trying to be smarter with the ball?
ok lets say that bosh lebron and wade were staying with their teams or went somewhere else but the knicks. do you think walsh will go after gay, johnson, etc OR "wait" another season to go after paul and maybe even carmelo?
----------------------------------------
I think they'll make a play for Joe Johnson, who thrived in MD's system in Phoenix, but I don't see them overpaying or giving him a max. It'll be up to Joe to either stay for the money in ATL or come to be part of a more suitable offensive system in NY. I don't see JJ as a lead guy and certainly not a marketable star. But he's damn good and would give the Knicks what we talked about above - another shooter and scorer that you have to guard, which opens that middle up. With Johnson and Gallinari, you can't cheat into the painted area.
Harrington looks like he really wants to be a part of the Knicks turnaround. Any chance he signs at a discount in order to stay home and maybe team-up with LBJ?
-----------------------------
I just don't see it. As much as you love Al's dedication and determination -- and he's a pretty cool guy -- he just doesn't quite fit into how MD wants to play. If there are no other options, I could see the Knicks asking him back for one year. But I don't see a multi-year committment, which is what Al wants.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Well, Rudy Gay will be available as a restricted free agent. He was seeking $12M per, which is less than a max. Would be a good addition. Not a savior, but an upgrade in talent.
ok lets say that bosh lebron and wade were staying with their teams or went somewhere else but the knicks. do you think walsh will go after gay, johnson, etc OR "wait" another season to go after paul and maybe even carmelo?
----------------------------------------
I think they'll make a play for Joe Johnson, who thrived in MD's system in Phoenix, but I don't see them overpaying or giving him a max. It'll be up to Joe to either stay for the money in ATL or come to be part of a more suitable offensive system in NY. I don't see JJ as a lead guy and certainly not a marketable star. But he's damn good and would give the Knicks what we talked about above - another shooter and scorer that you have to guard, which opens that middle up. With Johnson and Gallinari, you can't cheat into the painted area.

If we don't get Bron/Wade/Bosh...Which is highly possible.

Anyone with me for signing Camby next season? for vets min?
I'm not good with the salary but can we manage to get Camby-Stoudamire-Johnson?
And if this was the final option.. who would you choose between Gay/Johnson.. Johnson is better avg23, 4rb, 5ast...Gay avgs 18ppg, 7rpg, 1.5. But Johnson is 28...Gay is 5years younger at 23 ?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

and what about felton at the point? he didnt sign an extension this summer either
Yea i wouldn't mind Felton either, if you look a few pages back i mentioned him more than 4 times.

Camby
Stoudamire (Most likely FA to leave his team to com to NY)
Will/Gallo
Johnson or Gay/
Felton

I know i didnt put in two superstars but this might be the most realistic team we can pull..
Can we afford this?

Chris Paul: 'We Can't Stop Anybody'

spacer.gif

Posted: 11/3/2009 6:03:00 AM
Source: John Reid of The Times Picayune

As his teammates dressed quickly, Chris Paul stood with his back against a wall in the locker room trying to figure out why the New Orleans Hornets were unable to stop New York Knicks center David Lee from going through the lane for uncontested layups or keep Al Harrington from making perimeter shots.

Paul said he hoped New Orleans' momentum from a 29-point third-quarter surge would be enough to spark his teammates. But instead of closing out the Knicks, the Hornets were buried by their own mistakes.

We had a lot of momentum in the fourth, and then we couldn't get stops, " Paul said. "We played a pretty good game, but our biggest issue right now is that we can't stop anybody. I don't know what it is. We go over defense day in and day out at practice. We have to find a way to put it in during games."

"We got to get used to winning on the road, " Hornets Coach Byron Scott said. "I don't know if we have the confidence now. We had a nice lead going into the fourth, and we gave up the points. Instead of tightening up on the defensive end, it seemed like we loosened up and they pretty much got everything they wanted."

"We have some things to work on, but it's still early enough to get everything corrected, " said center Emeka Okafor, who scored 24 points but was held to two points in the fourth quarter.

But in the end, Paul glared with the same frustration. He said he takes losing the worst and he does not want have to wait 10 or 12 years to experience his first NBA championship.

"If I knew what happened tonight, I'd tell you, " Paul said. "We just have to find a way to get better defensively. Every time the Knicks worked for a basket, they got it. We knew coming into the game that these guys play five guys around the 3-point line and they have a lot of great shooters. So we were
prepared, but at the end of the day, we have to stop the guys who are in front of us."

nerd.gif

CP3 wont be available until 2012 if he decides to opt out of the last year of his contract which he will do unless NO makes some moves.

Too soon to admit Donnie made a mistake passing on Brandon Jennings?
---------------------------------------------
Man that kid has the swagger of a New York City baller.
Thank you...Been saying that.

I think Chris Paul wants to be a Knick more than Bron or D Wade.

Make it happen Donnie.

yeupp, just stop man
laugh.gif

we can offer NO a TON of expirings, with mobley too.
ill even take a long contract back as long as he can be somewhat productive.

%+++ jo johnson. DO NOT just spend money to look like you care like detroit. build us a winner. it just takes one superstar in this city to lure other players.if you get bron hold off and get paul the next year. they are mad tight too

Yo real talk I think wilson is expendable....I wouldn't mind packaging him if he can get rid of curry for us. He does play the same position as Bron.....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

yeupp, just stop man
laugh.gif

we can offer NO a TON of expirings, with mobley too.
ill even take a long contract back as long as he can be somewhat productive.
laugh.gif
Whats wrong with Camby-Stoudamire-Will-Johnson-Felton?
And i doubt NO would trade CP3

I want no parts of Felton either.

Hes Duhon with less range and slightly better court vision.

No thanks.

We need a dynamic PG with good speed and athleticism for this system.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

Yo real talk I think wilson is expendable....I wouldn't mind packaging him if he can get rid of curry for us. He does play the same position as Bron.....
nerd.gif

you think chandler reached his ceiling? I just want dude to man up and go inside. looks lost on the perimeter. i dont think dantoni is helping his game

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Woodside718

nerd.gif
you think chandler reached his ceiling? I just want dude to man up and go inside. looks lost on the perimeter. i dont think dantoni is helping his game
Far from his ceilings but sometimes he does look lost, not too much confidence. But you gotta remember he couldnt really work on his game thissummer cuz of the injury

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

What is latest on Eddy Curry? Do his teammates still want him around? He hasn't played productive basketball in so long, it makes me wonder if he can still even play in the NBA.
----------------------------------
His teammates mostly like him personally, so there's no issue there. How much do they respect him as a basketball player and an athlete? That much I think is debatable. Eddy has a long way to go still to earn respect back from his peers. But it's been a month since his calf blew out and he was sent into fitness exile. How long does it take?
Makes you wonder just how hard he's working and how motivated he is to get back on the court. Most players would be chomping at the bit. (I'm putting it on a tee for you, Fixers....)

Only way he's getting moved is if it's from one buffet to another. The chances of Curry getting traded decrease by the week...
ohwell.gif

Having to catch Knick games through streams FTL...that's if I even find them.

guess we will have to see about chandler. nobody is taking eddy curry though, get the pipe dream out of your head

roll.gif

i think allen would switch teams if rudy gay signed with the knicks, even if bron went there
laugh.gif

and you knick fans still think jennings would be a bad fit? LOL

Referring to a comment about Paul wanting to come here......................
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You can't possibly think that anybody who wants to win wants to come here. Let us fantasize though. Lebron comes to NY and Donnie has stuck to his masterplan, and has money to play with. Could you see TWO other big name stars possibly taking cuts to slurp.....err, I mean, play with Lebron?

Paul
When does Dwight become a FA?
laugh.gif

That I think would be a bomb squad with your fill of the 2 and 4 spots. Just add 3 point shooters at those vacant positions and NY would be guartanteedchampionship(s) with the current elite teams aging.

Back to reality: Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu Curry.

Back
Top Bottom