anybody see the new (i think) budweiser/knicks ad?
nerd.gif

i was on the subway and the whole car had the same ad. it was a black player in a knicks jersey with his head cut off. so no face, he was holding a basketball. and then budweiser logo to the left of it.

i was like wow they aren't wasting any time....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

anybody see the new (i think) budweiser/knicks ad?
nerd.gif

i was on the subway and the whole car had the same ad. it was a black player in a knicks jersey with his head cut off. so no face, he was holding a basketball. and then budweiser logo to the left of it.

i was like wow they aren't wasting any time....
laugh.gif
pics?

yes I'm serious
laugh.gif

I know exactly what ad he's referring to, it's been around for at least 2 yrs I swear. You just now seeing that? lol

i guess i never noticed because the summer of 2010 was so far away. (plus it was the whole entire traincare top to bottom)

i havn't seen anything knicks related in the city until they traded jared jefferies. now i see starter jackets and advertisements everywhere. i guess everything is popping up in my head because it's really almost time now.

[h1]
Opportunity knocks for Knicks' Giddens
[/h1]ny post

With salary dumping comes opportunity, and for new Knicks swingman J.R. Giddens, that opportunity is now.

Since being traded to the Knicks on Feb. 18 in the deal that sent Nate Robinson to the Celtics, Giddens finally got to play during Wednesday's 109-97 loss to his former team. Still recovering from left knee surgery he had on Feb. 2 and without a team practice under his belt, Giddens played 13:25 and scored four points.
"I'm definitely not in game shape, or in J.R. shape," Giddens said yesterday before going to do some running and conditioning after his first practice. "I consider myself a fit guy. I was out there feeling it a little bit in the minutes I had."

Once Giddens gets into form, his goal is to contribute a lot more than he did in Boston, starting tonight when the Knicks play host to the 76ers. When he did get onto the court in Beantown, the offensive firepower around him made his main focus playing defense.

"I've always been an offensive player, but I like to play both ends of the floor," said the second-year guard who played collegiately at Kansas and New Mexico. "With the Celtics, I didn't get too much of an offensive opportunity, so I had become a defensive player to get off the bench. Now I feel like I can get back to playing both sides of the floor and playing aggressive offensively as well and having an offensive mentality."

That's just fine with coach Mike D'Antoni, as long as Giddens keeps up his stellar two-way game.

"He will bring energy and he's got a reputation of being a defender, so that would be good," D'Antoni said. "We just have to see if he can fit into what we do."

What that means for the future of Giddens with the team is unclear. With the roster set to drastically change next season, Giddens opportunity might be as much a showcase for the Knicks as it is for the rest of the league.

"We'd like for him to be here [in the future]," D'Antoni said. "He seems like a good kid, works hard. But again, those are determinations that [team president Donnie Walsh] will make as we go forward."

There has been no update on Wilson Chandler's strained groin (out indefinitely). . . . Eddy Curry (calf) and Eddie House (foot) are doubtful for tonight.

ESPN NBA analyst Ric Bucher quoted a league source yesterday when he said that LeBron James might be more interested in coming to the Knicks if they have Hawks' shooting guard Joe Johnson.

"If it's LeBron James they want," Bucher said, "a league source says the Hawks' shooting guard is a very good place to start."

Tmac would be for the min, jj would need to take a serious paycut.. Lol

or James around 4 mill lower than max, and jj 5-6 mill lower than max.

Come this offseason we're all gonna be upset tho :ohwell:

*no negativity*

I just wanted to actually mention that Prop's avy brings back so many memories...NBA on NBC was the coldest !$@% in the late 90's...LJ!

Some might not know that the Knicks used to be my favorite team along with the Cavs...Houston, Childs, Ward, Ewing, Camby, LJ, Sprewell, Brunson and them...

I used to have that Johnson #2 Champion jersey...
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Ric Bucher: "Kobe Bryant will never play another game in a Lakers uniform."
the media is gonna be doing this from now till july. you don't have to come here evry time a story about lebron and the knicks comes out.

i really don't think anyone believes he would pick johnson over bosh or amare. i've constantly said johnson ain't worth the max. he said no thank you to the hawks last year when they offered him a max so who knows what's going through his head.

Hmmmm Intresting

[h2]Source: LeBron Interested In Playing With Johnson[/h2]
Mar 19, 2010 10:02 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Ric Bucher of ESPN quoted a league source on Thursday when he said that LeBron James might be more interested in coming to the Knicks if they have Hawks' shooting guard Joe Johnson.

"If it's LeBron James they want," Bucher said, "a league source says the Hawks' shooting guard is a very good place to start.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0iedu5fAF

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

AT. i see what you tryna do dog

laugh.gif

Shifting over?  ..naa, not really man.
you're already a regular in this thread. we know you would be here even more if lebron comes

^at least i wasnt the only one who thought of that once he mentioned knicks were his second favorite team
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

*no negativity*

I just wanted to actually mention that Prop's avy brings back so many memories...NBA on NBC was the coldest !$@% in the late 90's...LJ!

Some might not know that the Knicks used to be my favorite team along with the Cavs...Houston, Childs, Ward, Ewing, Camby, LJ, Sprewell, Brunson and them...

I used to have that Johnson #2 Champion jersey...
smokin.gif

szzd4o.gif

theres no shame in rooting for bron if he comes. aren't you from brooklyn. oh wait you have the nets haha

Originally Posted by DubA169

theres no shame in rooting for bron if he comes. aren't you from brooklyn. oh wait you have the nets haha

No way I'm rooting for anybody who leaves Cleveland to go play in NY. No wayyy in hell.

Do you know how hard it was to sit next to old White die-hard Indians fans at the Jake in '97-00 after telling them I was from Brooklyn? Dudes looked at me like I was Steinbrenner's Spy or something
laugh.gif

BTW, who will you guys vote in for the NBA JAM Knicks team?
nerd.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]NEW YORK KNICKS[/h3]
Original 1993 NBA Jam Twosome: Patrick Ewing and Charles Oakley
2010 EA Sports Ballot: Al Harrington, Danilo Gallinari, David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Tracy McGrady and Chris Duhon
Stein's Picks: Gallinari, Lee and McGrady
The results of fan voting are scheduled to be revealed online between mid-April and June, but one source with knowledge of EA's thinking said this week that the game's design team reserves the right to make roster alterations based on "significant team additions or changes" in free agency this summer. Knicks fans will obviously be hoping this disclaimer applies to their team more than any other, but for now sentiment has kicked in again and swayed me to wedge McGrady in alongside Gallinari and Lee.
http://www.youtube.com/v/_uJVbGq2hlc?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/_uJVbGq2hlc?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

Back
Top Bottom