my fellow knick fans, and be honest w/ me, gimme a percentage based on the odds that Lebron will come here

Spoiler [+]
I say 45%
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

This guy hates Chandler more than Harrington. Impossible.
Oh that's because he hasn't seen the Knicks play in the past 10 years and since July 1st is fast approaching and the Knicks have a shot at signing LeBron James (or other big FA's), he's now a "die-hard" fan.

I'm not even watching any more games this season, if something interesting happens, I'll catch it on ESPN.

btw I know who the real Knicks fans are in this thread. You John Doe's need to find a new home.
roll.gif
  Oh no!  I was just voicing an opinion.  And I have been watchin' the Knicks for about 2/3 years, definitely not as long as you have.. but I never claimed that.  I'm fine with being labeled as a frontrunner, I don't lose sleep.  Enjoy ignoring my posts if they bother you that much sir.  
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

my fellow knick fans, and be honest w/ me, gimme a percentage based on the odds that Lebron will come here

Spoiler [+]
I say 45%
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
65%

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Spoiler [+]
I say 45%
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
65%

70%

I really just feel like for whatever reason, lebron is attached to NYC. the whole "keeping pressure on the cavs" argument is moot imo. he doesn't need to be flirting with the knicks to make the cavs gm do his job. but the city? he seems to crave it and we can offer him a lot here. if bosh comes with him then i think we are good to go.

i really have no idea if its better if he wins a chip or loses to the magic. i just feel like the bright lights are gonna get to him. but you have to present it to him in a certain way. I think it's gonna take a while before we hear what will go down.

but he's staying or going to nyc. only team i give a slight chance is dallas. maimi fans suck and they don't even have sell outs with wade all year. it's just not a sports city

If 'bron went to Miami, they'd sell out the arena. Almost wherever he goes, ticket sales would be no problem.

I think the best selling point for the NYK is revitalizing a franchise with a rich history & playing in the media capital of the world. That's it really, wherever he goes, money will not be an issue.

And I think he does end up here. It would just make his legacy that much more grand. I understand the hometown boy affair, but he has to realize he will be King of Cleveland (Ohio, for that matter) regardless of what team he plays for. I'd like to be at the Q though for that first away game vs. the Cavs, rocking my NYK #6.

I am really surprised at the fact you guys have that much confidence he'll go to NYK. I mean honestly, I don't see him going there. I see him going to Brooklyn in 3 years respectively; after signing a 3 year contract with Cleveland. At the point, I'll be content with the time he was here. That would make it 10 years. I would be content with the time he spent in CLE if chose to leave. A few reasons why I say Brooklyn. One, Jigga ofcourse. Two, it'll be a new Arena. Three, it'll be a new team fresh, with a new GM, coach and players. Not to mention the whole NYC thing.

Me being in born in Brooklyn and my parents being Brooklyn natives - I would be excited to see that. I'll always be a Cavaliers fan forever but I'll be excited to see that, IF; IF it happens....which I highly doubt.
laugh.gif

i don't buy that waiting 3 years and then go to BK. we have no idea how fast that stadium will be built or how the city will react to that team. he's friends with jay z not business partners. he's not just gonna wait 3 years so he can play for jay z. we don't even know who would coach. plus 3 years of new yorkers screaming at him and heckling him may turn him off coming to BK. he's gonna hear some foul stuff that he isn't used to if he snubs the city.

if we get bosh, lebron will come. I truly believe that the cavs did a so so job putting a team around the best player in basketball. they did NOTHING special.

the cavs actually chose keeping jj hickson over getting amare. that's borderline ******ed. i dunno how that GM convinces the fans to cheer for all his sub-par moves. ferry has done nothing special imo. An over the hill shaq? ho williams? donnie walsh can build a team around lebron easy.

there are many players in the next 3 years that will want to play in a big city like chicago, LA, NYC. so the cavs will have some problems getting that extra star. Just like when ron artest chose LA over the cavs last year.

i'm very nervous about dallas but u think you can convinces stars that it's easier to play in the east. par riley that sname %#%* is thinking of something though. he might really hurt our chances if he gets bosh. i think bosh might go to the mavs. isn't he from ther?

I don't even feel like guessing.

I'd rather Lebron stay in Cleveland for his career than have to deal with him in Brooklyn, I want that whole team to fail in Brooklyn.

If they got Amare, I say 90% he stays in Cleveland. But if they get embarrassed and lose in the playoffs again, then that's the Knicks best chance and even then it's not a sure thing.

I'm over guessing and worrying about it, between Lebron's teasing, the media's involvement, and every place and coach having an opinion, I'm tired of caring right now. If it happens, it happens, no matter what the Knicks have cap space for the first time in years and are in the best place to get better.

Cavs lose in Finals to _____________. Lebron signs a 1 year deal to try one last time and in 2011 signs with us along with Melo.

People that think bron would go to the nets over the knicks need to sit down. its the nets. Jay-z only owns like 1% of the nets. Jay isnt going to heavily influence where lebron goes. This speculation for years has been enough for bron, hes not going to add three more years of it by signing only a 3 year extension. Hes followed the game all his life and knows what happens when the garden is popping. Hes coming to the knicks if he bolts cleveland.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I don't even feel like guessing.

I'd rather Lebron stay in Cleveland for his career than have to deal with him in Brooklyn, I want that whole team to fail in Brooklyn.

If they got Amare, I say 90% he stays in Cleveland. But if they get embarrassed and lose in the playoffs again, then that's the Knicks best chance and even then it's not a sure thing.

I'm over guessing and worrying about it, between Lebron's teasing, the media's involvement, and every place and coach having an opinion, I'm tired of caring right now. If it happens, it happens, no matter what the Knicks have cap space for the first time in years and are in the best place to get better.
What's up with all that hate ... Either way in three years the Nets will have either Cousins/Wall or Turner along with Lopez and lee and possibly one more young lottery talent ... And seeing how rigged the lottery can be at times I wouldn't be surprised if they got the number 1  

I honestly dont think hes going to come, but the fact that he keeps flirting with the media and everything makes me undecided.

I can also say hes a damn attention #*!+*, and an immature bastard.

Hes still one of the best players in the league with that siad.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i don't buy that waiting 3 years and then go to BK. we have no idea how fast that stadium will be built or how the city will react to that team. he's friends with jay z not business partners. he's not just gonna wait 3 years so he can play for jay z. we don't even know who would coach. plus 3 years of new yorkers screaming at him and heckling him may turn him off coming to BK. he's gonna hear some foul stuff that he isn't used to if he snubs the city.

if we get bosh, lebron will come. I truly believe that the cavs did a so so job putting a team around the best player in basketball. they did NOTHING special.

the cavs actually chose keeping jj hickson over getting amare. that's borderline ******ed. i dunno how that GM convinces the fans to cheer for all his sub-par moves. ferry has done nothing special imo. An over the hill shaq? ho williams? donnie walsh can build a team around lebron easy.

there are many players in the next 3 years that will want to play in a big city like chicago, LA, NYC. so the cavs will have some problems getting that extra star. Just like when ron artest chose LA over the cavs last year.

i'm very nervous about dallas but u think you can convinces stars that it's easier to play in the east. par riley that sname %#%* is thinking of something though. he might really hurt our chances if he gets bosh. i think bosh might go to the mavs. isn't he from ther?

I beg to differ on a few statements you made. First, the Amare and JJ topic. Did you know that the only person that spent most of the 09' summer working out with Lebron in the Cavs practice facility was JJ? Lebron and JJ have built a special relationship over the past two years which has translated into Lebron being JJ's mentor.

That whole Amare trade rumor was a bluff to up the value of dumping Z's contract which lead to getting Jamison for practically nothing, so how does Ferry create sub-par moves? And Shaq putting up 20 points and 10 rebounds on any given day isn't over the hill to me. Dude contributes, regardless of what you say.

If Donnie can build a team around Lebron easily, why can't he build a team around the players he has now and make them contenders?

[h1]GM Sees Johnson To NY; Raptors Open To Bosh-Lee Trade[/h1]
Mar 12, 2010 1:02 PM EST

Johnson_Joe_atl.jpg
An Eastern Conference GM thinks Joe Johnson will sign with the Knicks if they are not able to land LeBron James or Dwyane Wade.

"I think that's a done deal," the GM said, referring to some type of unspoken agreement between Johnson's agent and the Knicks.

Sources also report that the Raptors would be open to sending Chris Bosh to New York in a sign-and-trade if David Lee is included in the deal.

Don't know if this was posted but.. i can deal with that.

Camby

Bosh

Gallo/Chandler

Johnson

PG

You know how Mike is...

Camby-Bosh-Chandler-Johnson-Tmac

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Originally Posted by Big J 33
What's up with all that hate ... Either way in three years the Nets will have either Cousins/Wall or Turner along with Lopez and lee and possibly one more young lottery talent ... And seeing how rigged the lottery can be at times I wouldn't be surprised if they got the number 1  
Did I say the Nets will fail?  Nope, I said I don't want them in Brooklyn and I hope the team will suck because of the move.  I won't argue they have some young talented players, and if they manage to grab John Wall then good for them and the team can only get better.  I just want them to stay in Jersey and not bring the team and fairweather fans once they move to BK.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by DubA169

I beg to differ on a few statements you made. First, the Amare and JJ topic. Did you know that the only person that spent most of the 09' summer working out with Lebron in the Cavs practice facility was JJ? Lebron and JJ have built a special relationship over the past two years which has translated into Lebron being JJ's mentor.

That whole Amare trade rumor was a bluff to up the value of dumping Z's contract which lead to getting Jamison for practically nothing, so how does Ferry create sub-par moves? And Shaq putting up 20 points and 10 rebounds on any given day isn't over the hill to me. Dude contributes, regardless of what you say.

If Donnie can build a team around Lebron easily, why can't he build a team around the players he has now and make them contenders?

see this is the main problem with the cavs organization from my perspective is the same reason why lebron may never leave. they cater a bit to much to lebron and trust his judgment WAY too much/. cmon dude they have a good relationship? spent summer 09 together? mentor? who cares? cavs should just be worried about winning a chip not placating lebron and taking his sluber party partner away from him. the cavs are trying to win a damn title not worry about summer pals. getting amare would have been a "power move". i sure wouldn't be in here saying i think it's a 70% chance he comes. they never made that huge OMG trade like celts or lakers. mo williams just can't be his pippen and jamison most likely won't either. i guess we will have to wait and see. But cmon dude if you got amare for jj you wouldn't be hyped? you would really miss jj that much?  that's like me sweating over david lee because the knicks got bosh but it's even more crazy because JJ isn't an all star.

the main reason i'm saying donnie can build better around lebron is because if he comes with specifically bosh it will be very very easy to rebuild. it would at most take 2 years because we have currys contract coming off.  we saw the celtics build in one year so i have no reason to belive that we can't.

i dont want joe johnson. -_- i'd be happy with bosh though.

what would you guys think if we signed raymond felton or TJ ford as our point guard?

Back
Top Bottom