Knicks' Lee headed to Nets?

By Mark J. Miller

David LeeNew York Knicks forward David Lee(notes) is an unrestricted free agent this summer. And he sounds like he wouldn't mind heading to the 7-55 New Jersey Nets, according to the New York Post.

The team's dismal record is going to keep some free agents away. There are some - such as the Phoenix Suns Amar'e Stoudemire(notes), who could opt out of his contract this summer, and the Memphis Grizzlies' Rudy Gay(notes) - who seem attracted to the team that will someday supposedly move to Brooklyn.

Lee is thinking that if the team gets the No. 1 pick in the draft and picks up a good free agent, it could turn things around pretty quickly. "They have a great center in (Brook) Lopez, an All-Star point guard, Devin Harris(notes), great athleticism with wings Chris Douglas-Roberts(notes) and Terrence Williams(notes)."

The Nets will have $23.3 million in cap space to play with and Lee might just want to stay living in the New York area.

Brook Lopez(notes) is into the idea of adding Lee: "It would be great," he told the Post, "a guy who loves to crash the offensive glass for so many extra possessions. Then with Yi (Jianlian), if you had the three of us playing together, it would be a great situation."

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...-to-Nets-?urn=nba,226529

C'mon Lee
laugh.gif
you gotta be kidding me

NJ already did, if you read the Douglas Robert interview..

But they can have a huge turn around next year if they get Wall. Trade Devin Harris, get Lee (Which i'm not liking the sound of)

more info about it

[h2]David Lee Interested In Nets[/h2]
Lee_David_nyk_090928.jpg

Mar 08, 2010 11:34 AM EST

njn_40.gif
David Lee could be interested in joining the Nets this summer in free agency.

"The Nets are an interesting team," said Lee. "They're a clear example of a team whose talent level doesn't reflect the record.

"If statistics work out, they get the No. 1 pick," Lee said. "They have a great center in Lopez, an All-Star point guard, Devin Harris, great athleticism with wings Chris Douglas-Roberts and Terrence Williams. They could have a big turnaround year next year if they get a good free agent and the No. 1 draft pick. It's going to be interesting which direction they go."

"It would be great," Lopez said of possibly teaming with Lee, "a guy who loves to crash the offensive glass for so many extra possessions. Then with Yi, if you had the three of us playing together, it would be a great situation."

"I would subscribe more to what Amar'e said in that I can see their potential," Lee said. "As far as what I'm going to do, it's to be determined but I would fall in line more with what Amar'e said."

Read more: [URL]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0hcS2MFIl[/url]

Seems like Donnie Walsh gamble isn't going to pay off after seeing how the team has been playing recently. I really hope Lee doesn't go to the Nets.

We need Lee to be that guy who's been here from the dreadful start. Donnie........get it done.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Seems like Donnie Walsh gamble isn't going to pay off after seeing how the team has been playing recently. I really hope Lee doesn't go to the Nets.
what does that even mean? what the hell does the team on the court have to do with the off season gamble?

if we don't sign 2 max, then lee will be welcomed back in nyc. unless he wants 10 million then he can go chill in jersey. he's great but david lee isn't saving our franchise.

just got in from school & anxiously awaiting the score.

lol, there it is. Not bad.

gallo with 27 so far

mad celebrities on a monday night AND we are terrible. this city will go NUTS if we land a star or two

There's never been discussion if The City was behind us or not... NYC's always been a basketball town. Always been among the leaders in attendance and everything. I'm just hoping we don't lay an egg. Has anyone posted about us looking into getting Camby back this summer? Didn't really read through the last few pages to check, but I welcome him with open arms.

I knew about the crowd but i mean we only have half a team at this point and are publicly not trying this year so i was kind of surprised to see them show about 7 celebs in the front rows on a monday night against the hawks

oh and joe johnson ain't getting max money from us. believe that. dude is not a superstar

even if we don't get one of the big 4 stars, donnie won't throw money for no reason. i just don't see that happening

got like 4 minutes left in the game. time for us to fall apart
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

There's never been discussion if The City was behind us or not... NYC's always been a basketball town. Always been among the leaders in attendance and everything. I'm just hoping we don't lay an egg. Has anyone posted about us looking into getting Camby back this summer? Didn't really read through the last few pages to check, but I welcome him with open arms.

Yeuup posted it

Word, I felt this way about Joe last season when we beat them at home. Dude just disappears from time to time, something max players just don't do. Just watching this game alone, you'd think Crawford or Josh Smith were THE players we should be looking for. Inexplicable.

Back
Top Bottom