[h1]Tracy McGrady will be in starting lineup for his New York Knicks debut vs. Oklahoma City Saturday[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tracy McGrady's will be in the starting lineup for his Knicks debut Saturday night against Oklahoma City.

Mike D'Antoni's announced his decision following Saturday's morning shoot-around at the Knicks training facility in Greenburgh, N.Y.

"We're going to have a lot of different elements in there didn't want to start the game off with everybody brand new," D'Antoni said. "But after he warms up I don't want him to sit. I want to play him."

McGrady had appeared in only six games this season for the Houston Rockets before being traded to New York on Thursday. He hasn't started a game since last year.

"Physically, I feel good but then again I haven't played in a year and half," McGrady said. "I don't know how long I can play. But I'm ready to go."

Newly acquired point guard Sergio Rodriquez will back up Chris Duhon for now while Eddie House, acquired in the Nate Robinson deal from Boston, will also come off the bench.

The Knicks are 19-34.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

[h1]Tracy McGrady will be in starting lineup for his New York Knicks debut vs. Oklahoma City Saturday[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tracy McGrady's will be in the starting lineup for his Knicks debut Saturday night against Oklahoma City.

Mike D'Antoni's announced his decision following Saturday's morning shoot-around at the Knicks training facility in Greenburgh, N.Y.

"We're going to have a lot of different elements in there didn't want to start the game off with everybody brand new," D'Antoni said. "But after he warms up I don't want him to sit. I want to play him."

McGrady had appeared in only six games this season for the Houston Rockets before being traded to New York on Thursday. He hasn't started a game since last year.

"Physically, I feel good but then again I haven't played in a year and half," McGrady said. "I don't know how long I can play. But I'm ready to go."

Newly acquired point guard Sergio Rodriquez will back up Chris Duhon for now while Eddie House, acquired in the Nate Robinson deal from Boston, will also come off the bench.

The Knicks are 19-34.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

LEGGGOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like sergio, but hes not that great. hes a backup at most.

He'll do better then duhon, since he has better vision and can actually make layups, but his shooting his horrendous.

Gonna miss the game... gonna have to catch it at 2.am... without looking at the box scores... or this thread
laugh.gif

Im a Laker fan, but definitely excited to see T-Mac back out there on the floor. Most def going to be tuning into this one. Imagine if dude just went off for like 50
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

prophecy and i made a team nyk quiz

so all the new guys gotta take the it.

laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Spoiler [+]
yes you gotta pass
btw, what's the verdict on that NT'er Carlos Tevez
laugh.gif
..he still got the team trial sig

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

prophecy and i made a team nyk quiz

so all the new guys gotta take the it.

laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Spoiler [+]
yes you gotta pass
Gonna have people scouring wikipedia to be part of the bandwagon.

Not gonna lie, this is the first time in a long time im excited to see a Knicks game

Yo I am going to be at work, im upset.. I know i wont be able to hold off on the box score, but I remember feeling excited as hell to see
Jalen Rose's first game for us
Steve Francis' first game

even further back Stephon Marbury's first game ( was pretty impressive)

I hope Tmac has a great game and a great season for the rest of the year and we can keep him for past this season while accepting a role player's contract.

I'm just glad as hell that I won't have to see Jared Jeffries make bonehead plays and take shots that he KNOWS he cannot make at the crunch time period of the game.

On the down side I WILL miss Nate badly, he was the one to put people into the seats... The knicks owe him a percentage of ticket sales, but we all know that won't ever happen... have fun Nate, I'm just afraid that he won't get much burn in Boston

Ok...
So Orlando traded McGrady for Steve Francis who was then traded to the Knicks then exchanged for Zach Randolph, who was traded for Tim Thomas who was traded for Larry Hughes who was traded for McGrady...

So in all actuality, McGrady was traded for himself and we only gave up Trevor Ariza & Penny Hardaway... 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Yo I am going to be at work, im upset.. I know i wont be able to hold off on the box score, but I remember feeling excited as hell to see
same here.. u could watch knicks in 60.. or the full game @ 2.am.. i'll be watching it at 2.am acting like it's live lol

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

So in all actuality, McGrady was traded for himself and we only gave up Trevor Ariza & Penny Hardaway... 
wink.gif
we finally got that expiring contract back that we gave up in Penny!! what like 4 years later??
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

tmac was my favorite player earlier this decade

ill def be tuning in, especially against the thunder

*prays he doesnt go 0-12*

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

wink.gif

clever, yet Ariza would have been as good a fit as anyone in a D'Antoni system.

F.U. Zeke!

What's tonight's lineup?

Duhon, Chandler, Mac, Gallo, Lee ?

Coach said he didnt wanna place two new dudes in the lineup at a time..

we play Thunder tho
grin.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

What's tonight's lineup?

Duhon, Chandler, Mac, Gallo, Lee ?

Coach said he didnt wanna place two new dudes in the lineup at a time..

we play Thunder tho
grin.gif
Whats that supposed to mean? they're a good team...my boy durant is going to demolish us tonight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I thought the lineup would be Sergio-Tmac-Chandler-Gallo-Lee?

way too many wings imo, but whatever works.

Yea that's why i said that.... cuz Durants gonna demolish us lol... in that video.. coach said he wouldn't just add two new players in the lineup on the first day..
 I wouldn't mind Gallo playing the 4, he has the height (6'10) , and he would most likely force the opposing teams 4 to step out

Back
Top Bottom