Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

He'd change it, but we still won't win a ring with just him and the current crew of guys. You could keep Lee, Hill, Gallo and Douglas and compete in the East, but we'll still be missing that one player that is capable of going off for thirty when Lebron has an off night. With Lebron this team is a shot blocker, point guard and shooting guard away from being a contender.
Well said.

As much as you guys hate to hear it, this is the exact reason I still have NJ ahead of the Knicks as a possible destination.

NJ already has a center and a pg. Insert LBJ and guys like Lee and CDR would thrive. They'd just have to land a pf. And honestly, that's the easiest position in the NBA to fill.

Yi. hes been playing decent when completely healthy. too bad him and yao just cant stay healthy
smh.gif
smh.gif

and honestly, i really like NJ's team, hatred aside.
Devin-Lee-CDR-Yi-Lopez can def. do work when healthy. its just a damn shame they have such a horrendous record though. hopefully they keep losing so no one cansay we're the worse team
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

He'd change it, but we still won't win a ring with just him and the current crew of guys. You could keep Lee, Hill, Gallo and Douglas and compete in the East, but we'll still be missing that one player that is capable of going off for thirty when Lebron has an off night. With Lebron this team is a shot blocker, point guard and shooting guard away from being a contender.
Well said.

As much as you guys hate to hear it, this is the exact reason I still have NJ ahead of the Knicks as a possible destination.

NJ already has a center and a pg. Insert LBJ and guys like Lee and CDR would thrive. They'd just have to land a pf. And honestly, that's the easiest position in the NBA to fill.

I agree. Despite they're record, I actually like they're core group of players. If the team actually moves to Brooklyn, even if the Knicks win achampionship (insert snowball in hell photo) I'm jumping ship.

And as for LBJ in NYC, I kind of would prefer if the Knicks got their "own" superstar. Even if he's not actually from NY, if they DRAFTED their own superstar at least, that would be cool.

LeBron is coming over on some A-Rod tip. He'd never truly be "ours".
I actually 100% agree with this. My ideal situation would be for us to draft some homegrown NY talent (or even draft someone) that becomes anelite player in the NBA and leads us to a championship. Not some dude we have to bid for and is not from NY. But at the end of the day Lebron is the bestplayer in the NBA and beggers cant be choosers so clearly i really want Bron
laugh.gif
smh.gif

as true as this is. The Nets are still 0-16 right now, nt a good look if they are trying to land Bron. And even if they are young andinexperienced, have a draft pick, and are pretty injured right now. I just dont see Lebron going there. i mean i dont see bron going to the Nets even if theywere a contender, but that would be their only shot. Even with all the excuses they are 0-16 right now and at the end of the day they do not play in NY, whichis the reason Bron would overcome our teams defficencies right now. I dont see Bron leaving a contender in Cleveland to go to a team unless they play in NY.Because fact is even if the Nets Brooklyn project does go through, they still wont be playing there til at least 2013, and Bron isnt gonna play in the IzodCenter even for one year. Thats further away from the spotlight from !$%%$+% Cleveland. That is probably the least glorious place to play in the NBA with oneof the worst fan bases. And even if they do move to NY in a few years, lets face what we all know, there is only 1 and there will always only be 1 bball teamin NY. If the Nets got Bron theyd maybe take the public spotlight for awhile. But if the Knicks were winning and the Nets were winning, the Knicks fan basewould reach a MUCH higher level than the Nets, and just like now when we are both losing, the Nets are irrelevant and sell tickets for $10 and sell otherplayers jerseys to season ticket holders, while the Knicks still get a decent showing and alot of diehard fans,

Lebron took a 50 year old eric snow and pavlovic to the finals lol. Having lebron automatically puts you in title contention.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few role players come to the Knicks next summer to play with LeBron (if he signed) to help round off the roster. Not just aplayer like Chris Bosh but veterans like Marcus Camby or Raja Bell. Similar to the Celtics situation a few summers ago.

Nets cleared the last legal obstacle to the Atlantic Yards project this week...they break ground in a couple days.

Great young core, lottery pick this season (possibly #1), brand new Brooklyn Stadium, Jay-Z ownership (soon to be expanding), basically a new franchise (Bronwants his own legacy), Nets have the most available cap room of any team in the league and a new Billionaire owner pledging to open his bank account andbusiness contacts to make the franchise successful...realistically Bron would be a ****** to come to the Knicks.

I really don't even care about getting him at this point.

We need a balanced team with at least 3 stars to go anywhere with this _' Antoni system.

T.Douglas DNP - Coach's Decision
J.Hill DNP - Coach's Decision
D.Gallinari F 17:52

sick.gif
indifferent.gif
, So much for AI slowing down the development of our young players....
Donnie get back on the phone and hit AI back up
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Woodside718

sick.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

ohwell.gif
If Philly really is interested, I can't see AI even CONSIDERING the Knicks if they came back to him at the last minute.

He'll sign with Philly and come back to bomb the Knicks like the good old days. This time he'll have the added incentive of "payback".
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

But at the end of the day Lebron is the best player in the NBA and beggers cant be choosers so clearly i really want Bron
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Yeah, don't get me wrong. LBJ in NY would be sick.

sick.gif
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
Duhon G 37:04
smh.gif

I remember there was one play where Duhon tried to do a floater on the side after a miserable attempt to drive the lane, and shot it off the backboard, andthan it hit off him and went out of bounds. Im just like really? Like get worse Duhon...

at least he shot above his 24% average with 40%
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Nets cleared the last legal obstacle to the Atlantic Yards project this week...they break ground in a couple days.

Great young core, lottery pick this season (possibly #1), brand new Brooklyn Stadium, Jay-Z ownership (soon to be expanding), basically a new franchise (Bron wants his own legacy), Nets have the most available cap room of any team in the league and a new Billionaire owner pledging to open his bank account and business contacts to make the franchise successful...realistically Bron would be a ****** to come to the Knicks.

I really don't even care about getting him at this point.

We need a balanced team with at least 3 stars to go anywhere with this _' Antoni system.

I was shocked i heard it passed 6-1. it still would take like 3-4 years before it's complete, so i don't see it as true competition for lebron. damntraffic is BK is gonna suck, i'm not all that happy it got passed.

having a billionare owner doesn't mean much in basketball. if it was baseball or horse racing yes, but not when there is a cap. our organization is alltypes of messed up from top to bottom. the only way he's coming is if his fetish for being in nyc makes him not think logically about signing with theknicks.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I was shocked i heard it passed 6-1. it still would take like 3-4 years before it's complete, so i don't see it as true competition for lebron. damn traffic is BK is gonna suck, i'm not all that happy it got passed.

having a billionare owner doesn't mean much in basketball. if it was baseball or horse racing yes, but not when there is a cap. our organization is all types of messed up from top to bottom. the only way he's coming is if his fetish for being in nyc makes him not think logically about signing with the knicks.
You sure about that?

mark-cuban1.jpg

Billionaires can throw their weight around and open up different outlets and opportunities for their franchise outside of the salary cap.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

I was shocked i heard it passed 6-1. it still would take like 3-4 years before it's complete, so i don't see it as true competition for lebron. damn traffic is BK is gonna suck, i'm not all that happy it got passed.

having a billionare owner doesn't mean much in basketball. if it was baseball or horse racing yes, but not when there is a cap. our organization is all types of messed up from top to bottom. the only way he's coming is if his fetish for being in nyc makes him not think logically about signing with the knicks.
You sure about that?

mark-cuban1.jpg

Billionaires can throw their weight around and open up different outlets and opportunities for their franchise outside of the salary cap.
That.

But how does being a billy boy help in horse racing ?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

He isnt going to the nets.

I'd put my life on that.
me too

and dont we have a billion dollar corporation that owns this team? Hows that worked for us??
grin.gif

i mean cuban is a great owner, but he can't just buy 3 stars. dolan is a billionare too, it hasn't helped us. you make bad investments in the NBA youare %+%@%% long term, doesn't matter if you are a billionare. we have a damn channel and the garden, hasn't helped much. it's not all the owner inbasketball, it's more the GM.

i'm not saying it won't help the organization, but it doesn't equals championships.

New Jersey: #1 pick in a heavily LOADED draft (if most of the freshman leave), Jay Z, brooklyn arena, $$$, new owner willing to make it rain, all star PG and C

New York: no picks, dantoni, greatest arena in the world, best place to play in the world, alot more $$$ with endorsments and his own tv show or w.e, gallo,TD, hill, chandler

I'd say its a toss up, but slightly in NJ/BKs favor

"Losing will strangle a coach," Karl said. "I don't like the philosophy. I don't think it's been a home run. I think you strikeoutas often as you hit home runs with it. I praised Donnie Walsh, but the philosophy of what he's trying to do is difficult to coaching, miserable tocoaching. It's the philosophy of personnel people that drives me a little crazy."

Earlier in the interview, Karl said he could understand the decision to pass on Iverson because of the importance of sticking to the master plan. But Karldoesn't like this plan.

"Don't get me wrong I understand it, but my feeling, Mike should be [named] vice president of basketball and let him coach the practices and give thelosses to someone else," said Karl, who shares the same agent with D'Antoni, Warren LeGarie.

dude are you SERIOUS? so we should get some crappy coach to absorb all the losses to protect dantoni and then fire the coach that we DO throw to the wolves sothis shady dude dantoni can just get all of the benifits without losing? the whole league is against us. how the hell are we supposed to get better withoutgetting under the cap? whhat the hell is everyone smoking?

*%+% dantoni, he knew what he was getting himself into, i;m not gonna cray for him because his record gets tarnished. woww

HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO ANYTHING WITHOUT CAP ROOM???? we don;t even have a draft pick. people have been hating on us for a while now. barkley, reggie miller,george karl, bill simmons, all are getting super salty that we are finally gona be without any bad contracts and have a great chance at the bron

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

New Jersey: #1 pick in a heavily LOADED draft (if most of the freshman leave), Jay Z, brooklyn arena, $$$, new owner willing to make it rain, all star PG and C

New York: no picks, dantoni, greatest arena in the world, best place to play in the world, alot more $$$ with endorsments and his own tv show or w.e, gallo, TD, hill, chandler

bron will NEVERRRRRR play at the izod. i was just there, it was like a high school game. he would have to play at least 2 seasons there. it ain;t happening

Everybody is up in arms now, but what did anyone expect? This IS the plan still.

Actually looking decent and overachieving at times last year was probably the worst thing D'Antoni could have had happened.

This year they've been worse, for whatever reasons, but still...nothing has changed, really.

Ya i wanted AI, Duhon shouldn't be starting, Will is a ****** on the court..I thought they could win 32 instead of 22...but in the grand scheme of things,we're fine.

James Dolan is a spoiled trust fund baby Billionarie. The Knicks and MSG are just profit turning pieces in the Dolan media empire. They will always generaterevenue in this city and once they do, Daddy Dolan could care less about the success of the team. He even said he has much more important things to addressthan the Knicks during the MSG sex scandal.

The Knicks are James Dolan's play toy.

Cuban and Abramovich are self-made Billionaires with business savvy. They view their franchises as investments, they are they top of the food chain but willyield to sound advice.

Just look at the tunaround that Dallas had made under Cuban. He's a visionary, so is Abramovich.

Dolan is a spoiled douche with an unlimited line of credit and daddy's good faith.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

New York: no picks, dantoni, greatest arena in the world, best place to play in the world, alot more $$$ with endorsments and his own tv show or w.e, gallo, TD, hill, chandler

bron will NEVERRRRRR play at the izod. i was just there, it was like a high school game. he would have to play at least 2 seasons there. it ain;t happening
Agreed people underestimate this fact. Bron will NEVER call the Izod center his home. Trust me. i mean not even for one year. It wont happen. Andif he comes to the Swamprats hes gonna have to chill in the Swamp for at least 3. It wont happen. I mean the Nets couldnt even sell out their own playoff gameswhen they were making the finals. The organization is a joke, coming from a Knicks fan. Most random, miserable, worthless franchise in the NBA.

And allen you bring up a good point. You woulda told me 2 years ago that this is where wed be, and i woulda told you yeah i know, thats what we wanted. Sure wemay have %+*+#+ up on some moves. Like not getting AI or passing on Jennings or etc. but fact is when Donnie came in wed know we suck and we kneww we weregonna be in a position for cap space next season. Sure we havent overachieved, which some of us including myself may have hoped, but we have stayed on track.And even if we didnt overachieve, if i had to choose one thing. To either be semi better these 2 years (maybe even playoffs) but in noposition for cap nextsummer and get off track, or to suck like we are and not over achieve but in position to have MAD cap next summer... I'D take the latter which is why ihave backed up Donnie although i forsure dont think he has been perfect since hes been here. But at least i can say hes stayed on the course.

EDIT:

and a billionaire owner who cares about his franchise may help A LITTLE in the NBA, but it is not nearly as big of a deal as having one in lets say baseball. Imean they would help in terms of paying the luxury tax if a team needs to be over to have success, or to try and help get fans in the seats. But its not likebaseball where it can make or break a team. Like if a small market team cant resign one of their best players, or a team with a billionaire like Steinbrannercan just bid on every player available and have the 5 highest players in baseball on his team. You still have the salary cap in the NBa, and while abillionaire owner cant hurt, it cant help a team that much in the NBA.

smh.gif
How he get all them minutes even on a hurt ankle?
laugh.gif

You would think Mike would use any excuse to get Chris OUT of the lineup. And he had a semi-legit reason yet still kept him in there.

smh.gif
How he get all them minutes even on a hurt ankle?
laugh.gif

You would think Mike would use any excuse to get Chris OUT of the lineup. And he had a semi-legit reason yet still kept him in there.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
exactly what i wa thinking. When i saw son come into start the 2nd half i wasjust
smh.gif

Im like please dont be a warrior, you shouldnt be out there in the 1st place. Just rest your ankle. I mean the fact that he is THAT bad and slowed down by ahurt ankle, yet playing that many minutes over superior talent is ridiculous.
smh.gif

allen you are right. this is and has been the plan. BUT, part of the plan was developing young talent

gallo- showing great signs, but pretty much only plays the first half. maybe it's his back, but i think dantoni still thinks he can salvage the season
hill- not happy we got him, but he's here and has actually looked pretty good in the small minutes he's received. play busta more.
tony D- should be the starting pg. this duhon nonsense needs to stop. duhon ain't young talent
chandler- i mean, i just don't know. the summer injury messed him up i guess. i don't know what to say about him at the current time. i'm puzzled.

that's my beef. not that we are losing, it's that dantoni is being mad stubborn and not playing the youngins enough.

Back
Top Bottom