So nobody going to shout out Al Harrington ?

He gets buckets.

glasses.gif

Differences in this game is we drove in more, and we made our threes, a .419% but

We need wins, not....this was a good game.. we played good against a top team

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

so kobe, wade, lebron, and now melo has all scored 50+ on the knicks before. man we suck
smh.gif
Bosh is waiting to join his 2003 draft-mates.

Maybe you guys should start Darko to see if he can score 50 FOR the Knicks.

Spoiler [+]
SIKE!
laugh.gif

All those 50 point games came during the run & gun era.
nerd.gif

The lone exception was the 50-10-8 from LBJ (when his stan walked onto the court) at the end of the Zeke era.

^
I think that game was a double-OT game right? And the Pistons lost or something.

edit:
Triple OT in '06

run and gun era my *@+. either way i don't think dantoni's "system" is made to win a championsh

Originally Posted by DubA169

run and gun era my *@+. either way i don't think dantoni's "system" is made to win a championsh
If it was he would have won one when he had the "greatest point guard of this decade." I hated the D'Antoni hire in the beginning,and I hate it even more now. You don't win championships with this style of play, unless you have three hall of famers in your starting lineup.

If he couldn't win one with Nash and Stoudemire, how do you think he's going to win one with Lebron (if they even sign him which I doubt) andThanksgiving Day leftovers?

You don't win championships with this style of play, unless you have three hall of famers in your starting lineup.

Marion and amare are HOF's now?

we'll worry about winning a championship when something can first be done with his roster. In a year, LeBron and leftovers is good enough to be a Top 2-3team in the East, anyway.

it is, has been and always will be a players league.

D'Antoni was the best candidate for the job. Of course they could have taken someone who sounds like a moron on TV with no head coaching experience and tried to have made it work, just cause he's a 'city' guy.

we will all be psyched if we finish as a top 2-3 team in the next couple of years, but we all know we are rebuilding to win a CHIP. none of this moral victory+%%+ i need to live to see a knicks championship.

you probably need one HOF and 2 stars to win a chip with dantoni as coach. his system is a damn videogame. dantoi knows he is more important than the players,which is going to his head. He gives off a very grimey vibe and seems very stubborn with his coaching choices. Things will all change if we get a star though

And you need One HOF and 2 stars to win if you're Greg Popovich.

players league....LeBron and a good sidekick is plenty good enough for a title, with D'Antoni.

larry brown is probably the only coach in 2 decades to win without a superstar and a damn good #2 or #2 and #3...

again, we could hypothesize that any coach is no good without talent.

Mike D'Antoni, unlike the other candidates for the job, won quite a bit and did have some success in the playoffs. I guess maybe Avery johnson could havehad the same resume, but anyone want him?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

And you need One HOF and 2 stars to win if you're Greg Popovich.

players league....LeBron and a good sidekick is plenty good enough for a title, with D'Antoni.

larry brown is probably the only coach in 2 decades to win without a superstar and a damn good #2 or #2 and #3...

again, we could hypothesize that any coach is no good without talent.

Mike D'Antoni, unlike the other candidates for the job, won quite a bit and did have some success in the playoffs. I guess maybe Avery johnson could have had the same resume, but anyone want him?

at least hes willingly to PREACH defense, make guys work hard, and drive to the damn hoop. which is something we lack, immensely.

gotcha

still, without horry's cheap play they woulda.

No we're not winning with something like joe johnson and amare...but potentially landing LeBron would change everything. He's good enough.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Baltimore.
laugh.gif

Good one.

By the way, Knicks play both Minny games in January.
smile.gif

edit:

And as for LBJ in NYC, I kind of would prefer if the Knicks got their "own" superstar. Even if he's not actually from NY, if they DRAFTED theirown superstar at least, that would be cool.

LeBron is coming over on some A-Rod tip. He'd never truly be "ours".

lebron plus 2 bonafide stars won't be easy to get with the cap the way it is.PLUS we need a real pg.

He'd change it, but we still won't win a ring with just him and the current crew of guys. You could keep Lee, Hill, Gallo and Douglas and compete inthe East, but we'll still be missing that one player that is capable of going off for thirty when Lebron has an off night. With Lebron this team is a shotblocker, point guard and shooting guard away from being a contender.

if we couldn't pair any one with him this summer, the next summer we definitely would be able to.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

He'd change it, but we still won't win a ring with just him and the current crew of guys. You could keep Lee, Hill, Gallo and Douglas and compete in the East, but we'll still be missing that one player that is capable of going off for thirty when Lebron has an off night. With Lebron this team is a shot blocker, point guard and shooting guard away from being a contender.
Well said.

As much as you guys hate to hear it, this is the exact reason I still have NJ ahead of the Knicks as a possible destination.

NJ already has a center and a pg. Insert LBJ and guys like Lee and CDR would thrive. They'd just have to land a pf. And honestly, that's the easiestposition in the NBA to fill.

Back
Top Bottom