2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

This is exactly why Nike is thinking about doing that "Can't list sale price on the site" thing. Because they're being undercut by the very shops they sell to.
Bingo...

I read an article on how Nike increased their sales & stock even with raising prices because of how they've found a way to perfect their direct to consumer sales.

All NIKE has to do is discount the SB's on NDC  that doesn't sell out fast...problem solved! But instead they still charge full price months after the initial release date. 
But think of it from THEIR view, why would they lower the prices just because they didn't sell out in months? Someone will buy them later, if not, they

ll go to Nike outlets.

No point of NDC or Nike stores directly doing that.

depends most of the time it works but if u put on those sick 420 socks then it will look disgusting, unless u got the chedch and chongs 

Not a problem. Shorts + High tops + Tube socks.... now we got an issue...
AGREED +1  As an addendum to my post, I don't think high socks look good EVER, lows or highs.  No judgement, just have never personally liked the look on me... 

But think of it from THEIR view, why would they lower the prices just because they didn't sell out in months? Someone will buy them later, if not, they

ll go to Nike outlets.

No point of NDC or Nike stores directly doing that.
The shoes going to Nike outlets is usually what happens. Then the consumer buys them a lot cheaper than what the skate shops had them listed on sale for. This is just a power move by Nike, just because they can do it. 

You guys also have to consider Nike selling Nike's shoes yields more profit than a retailer selling Nike's shoes.

Typical manufacture costs are about 30% of MSRP. That means that if Nike sells a pair, they're turning a 70% profit on materials alone.

Typical wholesale costs are roughly 55% of MSRP, meaning that Nike is losing ~15% per pair not sold by them.

You guys also have to consider Nike selling Nike's shoes yields more profit than a retailer selling Nike's shoes.

Typical manufacture costs are about 30% of MSRP. That means that if Nike sells a pair, they're turning a 70% profit on materials alone.

Typical wholesale costs are roughly 55% of MSRP, meaning that Nike is losing ~15% per pair not sold by them.
So that entitles Nike to enforce a rule that says shops aren't allowed to post their shoes being on sale? That's just taking business from independent stores....fact of the matter is, the shops are paying for Nike's inventory already so why does it matter what the shops themselves do other than to control a market they don't already have?

Rock hi's with shorts all the time

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I'd never would look as good that picture posted. My jesus :smokin

Last edited by a moderator:
little SOMP action and some pumpkin ale for Thursday Night Football

So that entitles Nike to enforce a rule that says shops aren't allowed to post their shoes being on sale? That's just taking business from independent stores....fact of the matter is, the shops are paying for Nike's inventory already so why does it matter what the shops themselves do other than to control a market they don't already have?
I don't think we can stress this point enough +1.  Nike is already getting paid for the shoes at skate shops, they should be able to do what they please after the initial purchase.  Not wanting them to advertise sales is clearly an effort to increase sales on NDC which, as already mentioned, does not discount in the same time frame as skate shops.  I think the outcome of this move would just be increased sales at clearance stores, because most of the stock would end up there.  Practically all GR's, and some QS's, show up there anyway with the current system in place.  Just ask @osyrhiz  
laugh.gif
 He always scores the dopest clearance pickups...

Back
Top Bottom