2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I always shake my head when i see folk selling for more than flightclub.
Right? Who tries to be a reseller without knowing market values? Makes you look uninformed and I can't deal with someone like that.
People trying to play reseller tycoon and don't even have a grasp of actual market prices.

I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable at a show like that, only because in my head what would be the perfect event is one where I walk in and find DS pairs that never we're super popular and 20 years old and crazy SMUs from the 70s and early 80s
Yeah, I was hoping for at least ONE SB table and nothing. I was the only one there with a pair of SOMP's.

Agreed - highs look tacky, too much aqua. Lows were such butter, wish I still had my pair. Lows were the perfect balance of aqua mixed with the more defined leather finish. Unfortunately I un-DS'd my highs this weekend so I'll be keeping them for a while yet. Should've just sold and money'd up for Royal 1s. UGH.
You could probably still sell and buy some Royals haha.

Yeah, for some reason I thought you would be able to find decent deals on shoes at those kinds of events. But it seems like a flight club market on steroids.
I thought so, too. But this was not the case.

I always liked the colorway but never really liked sb lows the tongue threw it off for me, but I love anything in a hightop so once that colorway came was attached to a hightop model it was a no brainer for me. Glad i have my pair and can't wait to wear them. But people go crazy over almost every shoe now a days honestly. I don't pay attention to it, just like how last week someone said my dmp breds were fake because they didn't say NA on the tongue. I just laughed and walked off, i just stay in my own lane and rock what appeals to me. 
That's a very mature way of looking at it, and probably the type of outlook I need, but that convention left me so salty...

right on. cny are def a favorite pick up this year. although I'm expecting a package today that might be better lol

Right? Who tries to be a reseller without knowing market values? Makes you look uninformed and I can't deal with someone like that.

Yeah, I was hoping for at least ONE SB table and nothing. I was the only one there with a pair of SOMP's.

You could probably still sell and buy some Royals haha.

I thought so, too. But this was not the case.

That's a very mature way of looking at it, and probably the type of outlook I need, but that convention left me so salty...
i havent been to any conventions yet maybe its best i stay away haha

The midsole + sole is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice, but man the rest of the shoe.... :x

It could have been used for greatness. I am sads.

I agree. Even the day before the release I'm on the fence, and most likely will pass based on the rest of the shoe.

i havent been to any conventions yet maybe its best i stay away haha
I just think that this one sucked because it was in a Train Station Grand Hall in Hartford, CT. I know plenty that are awesome like DunkXChange or SneakerCon or whatever.

Yeah anything under 2 ain't bad on the somps. They are very very nice but man, so many black based highs
Thats been my dilemna. Wanted civilists and then I got the SOMPs in and was super impressed.

If I dont get a good trade oppurtunity at next weeks convention I may just keep them as my "black pair". Sucks theyre a size up but I generally find 13 a little tight initially anyway. 

I've been seeing on Instagram that the "Stars" high might not be a 4th of July release. No clue if there is any truth to this but some are saying they are releasing in April? Just a rumor at this point, don't shoot the messenger.

I just think that this one sucked because it was in a Train Station Grand Hall in Hartford, CT. I know plenty that are awesome like DunkXChange or SneakerCon or whatever.
don't seem to get many here in the midwest and im not traveling all the way to chiraq for a sneaker event

I've been seeing on Instagram that the "Stars" high might not be a 4th of July release. No clue if there is any truth to this but some are saying they are releasing in April? Just a rumor at this point, don't shoot the messenger.

I think it was kicks-crew that has the release day April 2. Also, someone posted a screen shot of Nike (China, I believe) that had promo shot already up. Seems like it's getting close to release.

Feels like sneaker conventions are the new hustle. A guy I know made $17K PROFIT this weekend...and that's just for the 'shoe' portion. That doesn't take into account the numerous and various excursions one could take part in: hair cuts, contests, food, etc. I missed the boat, apparently.

Feels like sneaker conventions are the new hustle. A guy I know made $17K PROFIT this weekend...and that's just for the 'shoe' portion. That doesn't take into account the numerous and various excursions one could take part in: hair cuts, contests, food, etc. I missed the boat, apparently.
as i sit at my desk at work i realize maybe im in the wrong profession 

I would find it hard to believe there's 17k in revenue much less 17k in profit at these things.

Find profit hard to believe unless he had a stack of yeezys laying around . I think he meant revenue ... Lol.

I would find it hard to believe there's 17k in revenue much less 17k in profit at these things.

$100/table X 100 tables sold = $10K

$7/ea for admission, total heads were around 1K = $7K

Hard to believe, I know, but the numbers are real. I need to get my life together, felt bad about myself afterward...lol :smh:

EDIT: I should clarify: He actually threw the event, he wasn't a reseller. There were no 'comissions', as far as I've been told. Your table = your product = your profit. Only thing he cared about was selling each table, which makes it lucrative to would-be sellers.

My apologies for the lack of explanation.

Last edited:
$100/table X 100 tables sold = $10K

$7/ea for admission, total heads were around 1K = $7K

Hard to believe, I know, but the numbers are real. I need to get my life together, felt bad about myself afterward...lol :smh:

EDIT: I should clarify: He actually threw the event, he wasn't a reseller. There were no 'comissions', as far as I've been told. Your table = your product = your profit. Only thing he cared about was selling each table, which makes it lucrative to would-be sellers.

My apologies for the lack of explanation.

yea man, that's a HUGE part--- cuz we all thinking "huh?" :lol:

$175 shipped? That's a great deal.
Yeah it was $175 shipped to my surprise..I hit up a bunch of sellers on eBay and most of them didn't budge under $200 or were n00b resellers (had to school a few on fees and why he woulda been better off selling through paypal invoice)

Yeah And after that hideous "sneaker convention" on Saturday, I'm seriously considering selling my Tiffs. Some group of kids asked me if I was selling my tiffs and when I said no they asked me if I was a hypebeast? I just can't be associated with a shoe that is most appreciated by people like that. I felt weird after I left, like the game had died.
That's honestly one of the reasons why I didn't pick up a pair of Tiff's during the madness. I had 3 separate occasions to check out (SPoT, Nike, ambush) and couldn't bring myself to buy them. It helped that I don't really care for Diamond and that the colorway isn't really me either.

Thats been my dilemna. Wanted civilists and then I got the SOMPs in and was super impressed.
If I dont get a good trade oppurtunity at next weeks convention I may just keep them as my "black pair". Sucks theyre a size up but I generally find 13 a little tight initially anyway. 
Get both bro..you won't be disappointed in the Civilists either. Depending on my reaction to the SOMP's later, I may just like Civilists more (just a maybe but doubtful lol)

Rocking my Snake Eyes today and not really down with the glossy "snake" portions.  I'm thinking of grabbing a superfine foam sandpaper block and making these a matte finish.  Anyone ever try something like this?

Back
Top Bottom