2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

So Sneakercon was... interesting.. Tried to haggle for a few nice SBs but these kid's weren't having it lol

Those atlas dunks are looking good!! Hoping I'll be able to lock down one of the in store packs. Those and the PB's Are definitely coming at an interesting time seeing as how we pretty much just sold our house yesterday!

Atlas Collab has absolutely 0 creativity and if they weren't associated with a shop they would be just another GR that went under the radar.

sometimes that is a very good thing and it does show creativity

see the last "creative" Dunk designed with a camera on it

simplicity is what made some of the older releases so great (well that and better materials)

Seems most want to break new ground and ends up making the shoes unwearable (or unmatchable?)

simple and clean is classic (see Quartersnacks, SOMPs) and I don't care if QS or GR, clean is clean

simplicity is what made some of the older releases so great (well that and better materials)

Seems most want to break new ground and ends up making the shoes unwearable (or unmatchable?)

simple and clean is classic (see Quartersnacks, SOMPs) and I don't care if QS or GR, clean is clean
QS and SOMPS had detail in them, even if it was the smallest details it showed that effort was put into the sneaker. Like the lace tips on the QS and the 25 cent stamp on the side.  SOMPS had all kinds of detail, from the material used to the swoosh, def one of my favorites.  If I'm a shop i want to represent something that will be talked about and at least something creative that maybe we haven't seen before. I wouldn't want something that looks like it took 2 minutes to put together just to attach my shops name to it and get publicity.

sometimes that is a very good thing and it does show creativity

see the last "creative" Dunk designed with a camera on it
No matter how ugly that camera was. there was thought put into from the "velvet" heal panel to the "flashes" on the toe box. the theme was paparazzi.

No matter how ugly that camera was. there was thought put into from the "velvet" heal panel to the "flashes" on the toe box. the theme was paparazzi.

but how do the Atlas Dunks look like they took 2 minutes to come up with and attach Atlas's name?

seems there is a good amount of thought in the Atlas Dunks, BP Dunks had a bunch of bad thoughts put into them

Last edited:
being modeled after a film camera with "film" photo images in the insole and outsole seems pretty cool to me

I hope everyone hates them so they are easy to cop for under retail

to me it was like Atlas here is your chance for a dunk. And everyone at atlas was like i don't know what to put on it so someone was like, "lets just go with silver/grey and black you can't go wrong and then someone else said but that looks tooooo plain lets put a clear sole and a train on the bottom and bam we got our dunks. Any type of publicity is good for a shop.

to me it was like Atlas here is your chance for a dunk. And everyone at atlas was like i don't know what to put on it so someone was like, "lets just go with silver/grey and black you can't go wrong and then someone else said but that looks tooooo plain lets put a clear sole and a train on the bottom and bam we got our dunks. Any type of publicity is good for a shop.

I dunno I think when you stick to a concept with simple colors and nice materials then you have a much better collab than some "creative" concept plus the masses are more likely to enjoy it

Just because the shoes are creative doesn't mean they're good :lol:
If anything most of these 'creative' releases try way too hard imo and most of them aren't really that wearable.
Can't go wrong with a nice, clean, simple colorway that can be worn as daily shoes. That means more people will actually wear them and put the skate shop's name out there

Rocking corks to Vietnam

(I tried to upload a pic but the mobile site is acting up for me... I'll try to upload later if I can)
Maybe you'll run into some of the workers and they'll recognize the shoe haha.

Saw this on NDC: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dunk-high-shoe/pid-655953/pgid-848582

And eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-DUNK-HIGH-RETRO-MENS-SZ-9-STYLE-317982-414-RETAIL-85-/231551931775

Game Royal/Strata Grey/Blackened Blue

Style: 317982-414

What are they? Size 9 only...

the idea can be dope as hell but if the execution isn't there then it's all a waste

Semi-disagree...and the Rukus collab was a prime example (for me, at least). Concept and execution were INSANELY awesome, but I just couldn't get into them.

Maybe you'll run into some of the workers and they'll recognize the shoe haha.

Saw this on NDC: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dunk-high-shoe/pid-655953/pgid-848582
And eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-DUNK-HIGH-RETRO-MENS-SZ-9-STYLE-317982-414-RETAIL-85-/231551931775

Game Royal/Strata Grey/Blackened Blue
Style: 317982-414

What are they? Size 9 only...

Not SBs? Maybe salesman samples only is why you can only find size 9s.

I dunno I think when you stick to a concept with simple colors and nice materials then you have a much better collab than some "creative" concept plus the masses are more likely to enjoy it
i completely understand your point of view. Maybe its because i always like to try and be different. I do enjoy subtle sneakers but if i had an opportunity to create my own dunk I'm trying to do something that hasn't been done before. like the Cigars,Skunks,WPF's, the new TB Famillia collab the color scheme on the Taun Tauns and Iron Mans, the MIA's The Walk of Fames and so many more some of these concepts were crazy and some of the color blocking was never done before.  Thats what i expect to see(And i know all of them aren't shop Collabs). even the Dorothys were creative no matter how ugly they were. Truthfully i wouldn't even care if i had a collar and they didn't sell out as long as i know i took a chance to try something different and not go the "safe" route.

Just because the shoes are creative doesn't mean they're good
laugh.gif

If anything most of these 'creative' releases try way too hard imo and most of them aren't really that wearable.
Can't go wrong with a nice, clean, simple colorway that can be worn as daily shoes. That means more people will actually wear them and put the skate shop's name out there
Agree with"just because they're creative doesn't mean they're good" part. But also if they are so plain and bland who would even know if they were collabs at a first look or a quick glance.

Semi-disagree...and the Rukus collab was a prime example (for me, at least). Concept and execution were INSANELY awesome, but I just couldn't get into them.
But it was a quality release.... whether you liked them or not (and that ISO packaging was the icing on the cake for me)

Back
Top Bottom