2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Question: do you guys think Nike SB can get back to being relevant? Don't get me wrong, there have been a few that have dropped that were nice, but not like how Nike SB was pushing out a few years back. QUickstrikes used to be magic!
Hopefully not.
pimp.gif

My wife was really disappointed when I showed her online what the Cinco de Mayo SBs look like. She says they should do another pair except like the UCS jawns with maracas, sombreros, Mexican flags, etc. Haha

Last edited:
Question: do you guys think Nike SB can get back to being relevant? Don't get me wrong, there have been a few that have dropped that were nice, but not like how Nike SB was pushing out a few years back. QUickstrikes used to be magic!
Yes. Will Nike end up taking the steps to do this? No. Nike SB is a part of their bottom line. Before it wasn't. They had more slack and less hoops to jump through regarding likeness and collabs going through Cease and Desist ********. 

I've had an idea that i threw around to a few shops and i think it will never happen but i feel there would be one thing they could do to bring not just the hype but meaning back to SBs. Let me break this down. So imagine if each year they had a theme for releases. Each quarter (every 4 months) there would be a Hyperstrike. A legit hyperstrike. 6 Quick strikes (legit ones too) and then GRs monthly. That would tone down a lot of the ******** and we can have some better store collab QS as well as some thought out ones. I thought hey, the first year could be 'Year of the Artist' The first drop would be a Kozik dunk. Limited to 500. Second dunk, Futura. Third Andy Warde...and the last HS would be a Banksy dunk. Limited to only 500 as well. 

Imagine that and the insanity it would bring. 

Yes. Will Nike end up taking the steps to do this? No. Nike SB is a part of their bottom line. Before it wasn't. They had more slack and less hoops to jump through regarding likeness and collabs going through Cease and Desist ********. 

I've had an idea that i threw around to a few shops and i think it will never happen but i feel there would be one thing they could do to bring not just the hype but meaning back to SBs. Let me break this down. So imagine if each year they had a theme for releases. Each quarter (every 4 months) there would be a Hyperstrike. A legit hyperstrike. 6 Quick strikes (legit ones too) and then GRs monthly. That would tone down a lot of the ******** and we can have some better store collab QS as well as some thought out ones. I thought hey, the first year could be 'Year of the Artist' The first drop would be a Kozik dunk. Limited to 500. Second dunk, Futura. Third Andy Warde...and the last HS would be a Banksy dunk. Limited to only 500 as well. 

Great idea until the word "Limited" comes into play,  then it becomes this..................................

funny-gif-Colbert-screaming.gif

Can I get a price check on VNDS Untiffany 3Ms with no box? Been having a hard time distinguishing a price that I can cop for these since not a lot of pairs are for sale.

He means jordan level with everyone checking them.

Hope it never happens probably quit or at least would cut way back. Wouldn't be worth it to struggle to cop a GR. I'm fine with paying full price for some QS but even those don't require work to be done

Even Jordans aren't on the same level anymore, there's been several times I've walked in to the store later that day of the day of release or the next day and copped my release no problem. The hype is only there for the "limited" ones of course the # Jordans still sell out eventually but unless it's an 11 or limited they aren't quite flying........Back to the OG thought that was made, SBs are still relevant otherwise they wouldn't still be made as frequently as they are, if we tie relevance into a dollar sign or hype...I'm happy personally with getting the majority of mine for the low and not having to deal with the Hype that surrounds trying to get releases such as the Tiffs or Jordan Lance Mountains and everyone to include the skateshops trying to make a buck.

Mixed feelings.

A quarter is 3 months, not 4. That means you're looking at 4 Hyperstrikes per year, 24 Quickstrikes (basically a QS every other week), coupled with however many GRs...that'd be saturating the market more than it already is...even with the more limited releases, I don't think there is enough interest to draw in the crowds.

Edit: apologies if that doesn't make sense or seems incomplete, I'm 5 margaritas in.

Last edited:
Mixed feelings.

A quarter is 3 months, not 4. That means you're looking at 4 Hyperstrikes per year, 24 Quickstrikes (basically a QS every other week), coupled with however many GRs...that'd be saturating the market more than it already is...even with the more limited releases, I don't think there is enough interest to draw in the crowds.

Edit: apologies if that doesn't make sense or seems incomplete, I'm 5 margaritas in.
I was going to say. I think he meant 6 quick strikes a year. So you would get a quickstrike every other month. I would like to see only 1 set of GRs a month like it used to be. I cant keep buying all these damn shoes.

Last edited:
I'm bored of hyper strikes. 

They don't do anything for the companies profit. 

They stress people who want them out. 

It's the same circle of people buying full size runs for a flip.

More shoes no ones going to wear or shoes that will go through 10 hands and sit in someones closet for 7 years for the person to wear them once for an 'unds' pic, only to put em back in box and sell them ds 2 years later.

Last edited:
Mixed feelings.

I meant 6 QS a year. Every other month would be a Quickstrike. 

Back
Top Bottom