2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Originally Posted by John00  

Question #1: Do "sneaker celebs" hold any weight to you? What place do they have in the community? What are your experiences with them, if any? Does their existence hurt the community at all? What are your thoughts on people that aspire to be them? Have you learned anything from them?

Question #2: What is the most underrated Nike SB?

Question #3: If you were Nike SB what one ( I'll allow up to 3 collabs, ONLY 3!) musical artist (ANY genre) would you collab with? Why? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided.

FORMAT:

1.) Name of artist and dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop, but DON'T get too loose with it.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?

Question #4: If you could render ONE silhouette/model "useless" from the Nike SB brand and scrap them, what model would it be and why?
1. Millionaire Sneaker Celebs annoy the hell out of me when they try to floss their pickups or collections.  Especially when they post "latest FC pickup"...

2. Most underrated SB IMO is the Angel & Death Dunk...nice colorway, dope materials, special tongue tag, custom insoles & I remember seeing them on sale when they came out.

a. Gangstarr Dunk Hi SB

b. Gangstarr Dunk

c. Buttery Suede ala WPF on the heel, side panels, Premium Leather ala Takashi 2's on the entire toebox.

d. Gangstarr deserves a Dunk of their own.

e. Would be released on April 19, the date of Gurus passing.

4. Blazer Mid LR, I hate how Nike SB has pretty much abandoned the og Blazer.

Last edited:
What do you guys think the hype will be like for the FTC's tomorrow morning in SF? I've been looking forward to these for a long time and I'm nervous all the hypebeasts are going to come out because of the limited insole...

Where'd you find that dunk template/what'd you edit it with..just photoshop? would love to mess w that I have so many ideas that I'd want to see

those look sick by the way..just think I'd try to come up with something slightly different for the heel tab instead of the same thing that's on the tongue

Last edited:
What do you guys think the hype will be like for the FTC's tomorrow morning in SF? I've been looking forward to these for a long time and I'm nervous all the hypebeasts are going to come out because of the limited insole...

I don't think so.. Hype beasts and resellers will all be goin after the JB restocks

white midsole wouldve made them a no brainer for me...I love gum soles but gum midsoles? 
grin.gif
 too much IMO
eek.gif
 no please. I wouldn't put this sole on any other shoe, but they pulled it off with the long-cut suede, red accent
OH YES
wink.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by John00  

Question #1: Do "sneaker celebs" hold any weight to you? What place do they have in the community? What are your experiences with them, if any? Does their existence hurt the community at all? What are your thoughts on people that aspire to be them? Have you learned anything from them?

Question #2: What is the most underrated Nike SB?

Question #3: If you were Nike SB what one ( I'll allow up to 3 collabs, ONLY 3!) musical artist (ANY genre) would you collab with? Why? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided.

FORMAT:

1.) Name of artist and dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop, but DON'T get too loose with it.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?

Question #4: If you could render ONE silhouette/model "useless" from the Nike SB brand and scrap them, what model would it be and why?
1. Millionaire Sneaker Celebs annoy the hell out of me when they try to floss their pickups or collections.  Especially when they post "latest FC pickup"...

2. Most underrated SB IMO is the Angel & Death Dunk...nice colorway, dope materials, special tongue tag, custom insoles & I remember seeing them on sale when they came out.

a. Gangstarr Dunk Hi SB

b. Gangstarr Dunk

c. Buttery Suede ala WPF on the heel, side panels, Premium Leather ala Takashi 2's on the entire toebox.

d. Gangstarr deserves a Dunk of their own.

e. Would be released on April 19, the date of Gurus passing.

4. Blazer Mid LR, I hate how Nike SB has pretty much abandoned the og Blazer.
Dope idea on the Gangstarr Dunk...nickname for them would be the Moment Of Truths?

For the Raleigh heads..

Vertical Urge ‏@verticalurge 46s

Drop by and save 20% on all clothing, shoes, and accessories all (long) weekend long. Today through Monday. #supportyourlocal

Back
Top Bottom