2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Hit the nail on the head perfectly.. Especially with choosing that one pair over any other super expensive grail or PE. Imagine buying the wu-tang's, then the next week youre all time favourite grail or most coveted pair of shoes pop up in your size but its extremely out of your price range due to the fact you just spent a mortage payment on a pair of dunks. Gotta think that stuff through.

Wu dunks are my top 3 sneakers of all time.
If i got those.. I would be willing to cut my collection down to like 5 pairs.

Word to the wu logo I'm about to get Tatted on my arm

I never saw this posted here so sorry if it has been but I just saw the low top P-Rod 7 for the first time. Those look clean!

These and the high tops look like modern interpretations of the Dunks! I'm really feelin em. Also a lot of people are pointing out the perforation from the Jordan VIIs
Wu dunks are my top 3 sneakers of all time.
If i got those.. I would be willing to cut my collection down to like 5 pairs.

Word to the wu logo I'm about to get Tatted on my arm
I am actually thinking of getting a Raekwon tat. Or maybe a Rae and Ghost tat

Last edited:
not sure if anyone is in the yokosuka japan area, but onbase at the NEX they had 3-4 pairs of the concord sbs for 69.99. I scopped an 11.5 for myself and 11 for a friend. there should be two pair left. also there were like 5 pairs of janos digi florals for 75$. just fyi.

(Please watch videos)

Fast forward to 1:19 to see Big Boy's mishap.

(Cee-lo at the end tho. 
laugh.gif
)

mean.gif

This is a damn shame! With all of the stuff presented I ask:

Question #1: What are your thoughts on replica/fake sneakers? What are your thoughts on those that wear them? What are your thoughts about the people that bash those who wear them?

Question #2: Which sample, scrapped idea or "Friends and family" SB/sneaker (give me your Top 3 if you can't narrow it down) do you wish would have made it to be officially released to the public? Why?

Question #3: If you could chose the color/design of the next Nike SB box, what would it be and why?

Question #4 In your opinion, what's the best customer service you've ever had when shopping for sneakers? What made it the best and what shop was it?

Question #5: In your opinion, what's the worst customer service you've ever had when shopping for sneakers? What made it the worst and what shop was it? (Don't be shook to put the shop on blast)

Last edited:
not sure if anyone is in the yokosuka japan area, but onbase at the NEX they had 3-4 pairs of the concord sbs for 69.99. I scopped an 11.5 for myself and 11 for a friend. there should be two pair left. also there were like 5 pairs of janos digi florals for 75$. just fyi.
Wow, never thought there would be heat at the PX. STILL looking for a pair of those concords in a 12-13.

This is a damn shame! With all of the stuff presented I ask:

What are your thoughts on replica/fake sneakers? What are your thoughts on those that wear them? What are your thoughts about the people that bash those who wear them?

Which sample, scrapped idea or "Friends and family" SB/sneaker (give me your Top 3 if you can't narrow it down) do you wish would have made it to be officially released to the public? Why?

If you could chose the color/design of the next Nike SB box, what would it be and why?

In your opinion, what's the best customer service you've ever had when shopping for sneakers? What made it the best and what shop was it?
I work in sneaker retail and counterfeit awareness among customers, at least in my smaller markets, is at an all time high. I remember 10 years ago it was awful... guys were walking in left and right with ridiculous colors of Js straight from the flea market two for $80. broken down white feauxrces too, $25 a piece. The worst was getting guys trying to buy authentics and return fakes... bad fakes.

fakes suck. whether you're buying a replica to save money, or buying a fake to get an unreleased color, it's just whack. there is so much flavor in the sneaker game across all vendors and price ranges that you can ball on any budget, especially if you can shop sales/outlets and online! I don't call people out, though.

I think they're right keeping certain pairs unreleased... it is cool to see a GR that is similar to but still leaves identifying aspects out. a lot of these shoes have the hype mostly because they are super limited, and would sit if released in large numbers.

all white with orange trim... like a reverse of the old globe or leaf box. seems like every other color has been done...

Best customer service is my shop, of course 
happy.gif

Last edited:
1. I am one of those guys who thinks unauthorized pairs that are equivalent to A grades are real shoes! Nike doesnt seem to care about their seal of approval so why should I?
These were sold at a Champs:

These also passed quality control:

I've also seen a pair of DTRT IIIs with two different shades of blue and other **** boy **** like that.

unauthorized pairs that are equivalent to B grades are b grades in my book

fake pairs are fake no matter what the quality is. I do not approve of that trash.

2. IDK if this is an acceptable answer but I passed on the supremes with the stars. I wish they came out with golden Nike checks instead like these samples but remained high tops.

But I dont mind the low top version either. Way better than those stupid stars.

3. My first choice would be white with a washed out orange NSB logo and light green tags. Because the kind of people who rock sbs are chill despite wearing loud colors. I think those are some chill bright colors if done right. (I wont lie I got the idea from this suit)

My second choice (flame shield on!):
this but with the NSB sign instead.

Lets face it. Nike was in some financial trouble at the time. Michael Jordan saved them from going under. We'd all be rocking converses if it wasnt for the Jordan line. (converse was the dominant sneaker brand at the time with almost 40% marketshare)

4. I'm dealing with a site I just found out about a few days ago. Got my black toes for 230 shipped. The guys who run the site are quick to answer and respond to emails. I asked them if they are getting the shadows, how much they would be and when to expect the preorders. He said middle of june and they are thinking 210 shipped. Prices are somewhat reasonable from them. I havent gotten my black toes yet (ship on the 28th). Look forward to doing business with them in the future if my black toes transaction goes smooth!

5. Mentalkicks. Everyone used to say they were legit but I was one of the first to put em on blast. I pointed out how often Jordan IIIs were restocking on their site. Anyway I asked them a simple question (forgot what it was) and they were so rude about it. Unprofessional

Last edited:
1. First off, I don't purchase fakes. However, you've gotta be able to see both sides of this debate. Sure there are many who buy fakes to try to pass them off as real just to flex. On the other hand, consider a dude who is grinding to keep up with bills and what not. The dude still wants to look good, but can't afford to drop the money for authentic Jordan's, for example. Now, in my opinion there are plenty of good looking shoes that you can score for cheap prices or find on sale (ie some NBs, janoskis, maybe even some dunks, etc). But I guess that's neither here nor there because people have different style, and there's a good chance this hypothetical dude isn't into those kinds of kicks. So I try not to judge. I do me and you do you. I know I don't rock fakes, and I'm content with that decision. If someone else feels differently, then whatever, it doesn't affect me. I WILL SAY that I am greatly against dudes trying to SELL fake shoes as legit, because that's just plain wrong. In Big Boi's case, if he truly didn't know they were fakes, then I don't think it's that big a deal. Yeah he's stupid for not doing any research on them, but he got scammed like I'm sure many of us have. I just hope he got himself a real pair after the fact lol.

2. To be honest, idk if I would've copped any f&f SBs If they had released

3. I'd be happy with any SB box as long as they don't turn all "standard Nike box" look on us like the janoskis did!!

Last edited:
Also I just love the way people from Atlanta talk! Its so smooth!

EDIT: At least he is being honest! Everybody starts out somewhere.

Last edited:
@John00

1: Back in the early 2000's fakes were at an all time high. With see through cw's and horrid pastel color blocking. :smh: I use to clown on people who had them who thought they were the ish. Now that I'm older it really isn't a big deal anymore. I look at it like this, if a kid buys a shoe that he knows is fake and he's fine with it, let him live. And to the people that bash people on wearing fakes, stop worrying about what another man is wearing. Worry about yourself. People should really grow up.

2: FLOM dunks, Freddy's (recalled) and SVSM dunks.

3: I would design an all red box. :smokin

4: Best sneaker customer experience I've ever had was back in 2009 at the store that I now work at. :lol: FNL. The employees then were real chill, outgoing, and friendly. The girl that helped me was very determined on finding me the right pair of shoes for turf wear. I ended up buying 2 pairs and got some cleaner to help her sales. :smoking

5: Champs Sports. Employees there are rude, lazy and incompetent. They don't greet you and they only say what's up when you are holding a shoe in your hand. I vividly remember one time when the then Store Manager came at me sideways at the register and I cussed him out. :smh: Now whenever I go in there, I don't say ish to any employees but what size they need to get me. And when they ask if I need any cleaner or socks, I ignore them. :lol:

Last edited:
Plan on rocking these to my 18th birthday meal tonight.

(I wore the YOTS converse in the background out last night)

Question #1: What are your thoughts on replica/fake sneakers? What are your thoughts on those that wear them? What are your thoughts about the people that bash those who wear them?
To keep it in the context in which it was posted, Outkast can do no wrong. Big Boi and 3 stacks can wear whatever they want and I'll have no problem with it.

Question #2: Which sample, scrapped idea or "Friends and family" SB/sneaker (give me your Top 3 if you can't narrow it down) do you wish would have made it to be officially released to the public? Why?
Fruity Pebble Lebron 4. - I actually had a pair of these at one point. I grew up on Fruity Pebbles, for real, like all my family could afford growing up was cereal for me and my brother to share, so that's what i ate. Fruity Pebbles were a staple of my upbringing so I found it a must to own a pair of those shoes. I traded them off for something that made more sense financially. I know they're a super niche sneaker design, but those are a pair I wish were GR so I could own a pair or two without the financial pressure to sell looming overhead.

Question #3: If you could chose the color/design of the next Nike SB box, what would it be and why?
Orange/Black. Giants are defending World Series Champs. They deserve to have their colors on the SB box. Also Flash SB's>>> your favorite SB's.

Question #4 In your opinion, what's the best customer service you've ever had when shopping for sneakers? What made it the best and what shop was it?
Man this is an interesting question. I'm the type that will give respect off top so I don't expect you to kiss my feet when I walk into a store. I've walked into Supreme in the middle of the "Supreme's customer service sucks" era and have had cool conversation with the people working there. They got me everything I needed and they were super cool through all the transcations. I've gone to HUF SF when people were complaining about how "mega is such a douche and everybody that works there is a ****" and have chopped it up and got everything I needed with zero issue. I've gotten crap customer service at a couple footlockers and such, but that's because I wouldn't expect more from a high school kid working for minimum wage. At the specialty shops, I put myself out there as someone cool enough to talk to, so I get cool service in return.

Question #5: In your opinion, what's the worst customer service you've ever had when shopping for sneakers? What made it the worst and what shop was it? (Don't be shook to put the shop on blast)
Just a couple footlockers in the SF area. I don't care enough to put them on blast. I've dealt with a couple HoH employees who seemed like they loved their position more than a little bit. I've gone in to put my name in for raffles and they greeted me with "sorry, cutoff for the raffles was 20 minutes ago". I asked them to throw my name in, and they rejected my proposal with pride saying they've already rejected 5 other people for the raffle. I'm sitting there like "homey, you work at champs"

Anyways....

Last edited:
1. I am one of those guys who thinks unauthorized pairs that are equivalent to A grades are real shoes! Nike doesnt seem to care about their seal of approval so why should I?

I'll get to the questions later. But, at the risk of rehashing this debate here - actually, I'd be happy to rehash it - you are simply wrong. Frankly, this is not a matter of opinion. "Authenticity" is an abstract concept that extends far beyond, "hey, same materials." It is remarkable how sneaker enthusiasts, and alleged "brand loyalists" don't understand this. If that faceless, middle manager in Beaverton doesn't authorize the production of an item, it is not an authentic Nike item - period. I know it's jarring for people to think about because it really highlights how irrational a love for a brand is. For those of you truly shaken by that idea, that's fine. I think it is reasonable for a person to be taken aback by the realization of how flimsy brand identity is; it's a clear referendum on how shallow it is to care about a brand. ...People mainly embrace the "unauthorized pairs are okay" stance because they don't want to accept what it says about them if they accept the truth, i.e. you are a brand whoar. That doesn't bother me. I'm secure in who I am. There are two fashion brands for which I have an irrational affinity. I'm proud to be guilty of that - it doesn't define my broadstroke consumer behavior though.

But, make no mistake, unauthorized pairs are intellectual property violations. If the world were to adapt the philosophy that as long as the final product was identical to the "authorized" versions, that's okay, the global economy would literally collapse. That's not hyperbole; that's a fact.

Wow, never thought there would be heat at the PX. STILL looking for a pair of those concords in a 12-13.
Shxt we just got a shipment in our NEX here in Bahrain yesterday. That have a variety of dunks just sitting. Cats sleep on other shoes just thirstin' for new released Jordans...hell a lot of Lebron X's just sat for almost a month here.

I have to agree with BIP. Something that is unauthorized cannot be considered as an authentic product. It just cant.
What is the difference between unauthorized pairs and fakes?

Last edited:
I have to agree with BIP. Something that is unauthorized cannot be considered as an authentic product. It just cant.
What is the difference between unauthorized pairs and fakes?

The argument those who propagate the unauthorized pairs are okay argument would give is this that the unauthorized pairs are made with identical materials using legit Nike molds, and therefore they are same as "real" pairs.

That's fine - that's called a replica. I could source the same materials and knit myself a Coogi sweater too - doesn't mean jack though.

Sure, a factory can be given an authentic mold by Nike and told to source specific materials for a production run. And, that factory can then source additional identical materials and run additional production runs of the shoe on the sly using the same molds and materials. But, that's not where the process of authentication ends. ....Just because a consumer can't tell the difference.

People can fake art, can fake autographs, can fake anything - and the vast, vast majority of people in the world couldn't tell the difference. That's interesting, but irrelevant.

By that logic, a factory can create an entire shadow company of a brand. Why wait for Nike - let one of the factories bring out something that hasn't been retro-ed in years. As long as it has the "real" mold, what's the problem? ...Hell, maybe a factory or worker with some time on his hands wants to turn out a new run of Eminem 4s. ...What would be the difference, as long as he uses the "real" mold, and identical materials?

The argument in favor of unauthorized pairs is patently asinine. I'm sorry to say it so bluntly for anybody who buys those beanstalk beans, but it really is just that simple. The "same materials" argument is a gross oversimplification and embarrassingly naive, as it neglects any consideration of the concept of authenticity other than that person's most immediate, base, and physical (sensory and opposed to intellectual) experience.

Last edited:

These also passed quality control:

I've also seen a pair of DTRT IIIs with two different shades of blue and other **** boy **** like that.

unauthorized pairs that are equivalent to B grades are b grades in my book

fake pairs are fake no matter what the quality is. I do not approve of that trash.

Lets face it. Nike was in some financial trouble at the time. Michael Jordan saved them from going under. We'd all be rocking converses if it wasnt for the Jordan line. (converse was the dominant sneaker brand at the time with almost 40% marketshare)

There's a huge difference between factory defects/errors, and counterfeit/fakes. I've seen a number of Jordans over the years with defects like that, and we received a factory pair of 8s with the tongue logo stitched upside down just like that (ours was a mens BB). Just slipped through quality control, you're right. Nike/Jordan quality control has eased up it seems as the counterfeit market shrunk.

Jordan saves Nike - 25 years later Nike saves Converse.

Back
Top Bottom