2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Let me know if u ever cop em..
I don't think I would ever drop all that bread for em..
I think I would just trade a bunch of pairs for em when i decide I don't need all of em..

I don't think trading for them is possible. I mean, perhaps if you trade something that's on the same "level.". But, 10 Civics don't make a Ferrari, ya know. And, that's nothing against any of the shoes you might own, just that it's basically apples to oranges. You'd probably be better off just buying them and then making a pact with yourself to sell off enough pairs separately to compensate for it.

If you have the bread to afford a Wu Tang Dunk, then, if you're doing this sneaker thing correct, you can cop - and should already have - the more "common" shoes you want too.

I've never had a chance to buy a pair in my size, but if I did it would be an interesting decision because at that price point, you could pretty much buy just about anything. So, while every pair may not be available to you at any given time, you are ostensibly choosing that pair over Paris SBs, all kinds of PEs, etc.

Last edited:
I don't think trading for them is possible. I mean, perhaps if you trade something that's on the same "level.". But, 10 Civics don't make a Ferrari, ya know. 
You wouldn't trade a graal-type for 10 easy to find GR (your ferrari vs civic comparo), but you might trade it for 2-3 slightly less rare shoes (more like trading your Ferrari for a few Porsche). I would definitely consider

I don't think trading for them is possible. I mean, perhaps if you trade something that's on the same "level.". But, 10 Civics don't make a Ferrari, ya know. And, that's nothing against any of the shoes you might own, just that it's basically apples to oranges. You'd probably be better off just buying them and then making a pact with yourself to sell off enough pairs separately to compensate for it.

If you have the bread to afford a Wu Tang Dunk, then, if you're doing this sneaker thing correct, you can cop - and should already have - the more "common" shoes you want too.

I've never had a chance to buy a pair in my size, but if I did it would be an interesting decision because at that price point, you could pretty much buy just about anything. So, while every pair may not be available to you at any given time, you are ostensibly choosing that pair over Paris SBs, all kinds of PEs, etc.
Hit the nail on the head perfectly.. Especially with choosing that one pair over any other super expensive grail or PE. Imagine buying the wu-tang's, then the next week youre all time favourite grail or most coveted pair of shoes pop up in your size but its extremely out of your price range due to the fact you just spent a mortage payment on a pair of dunks. Gotta think that stuff through.

Hit the nail on the head perfectly.. Especially with choosing that one pair over any other super expensive grail or PE. Imagine buying the wu-tang's, then the next week youre all time favourite grail or most coveted pair of shoes pop up in your size but its extremely out of your price range due to the fact you just spent a mortage payment on a pair of dunks. Gotta think that stuff through.
Damn where do you live that the price of a pair of Wu Tang dunks is a mortgage payment?...the price of those would allow me to make at least a few.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the exact right place for this, not normally an Sb guy although i do like Dunks. Anyways, im trying to grab a pair of the Doernbecher Dunks, the ones designed by Finn Mooney. How much is too much to pay for these??

You wouldn't trade a graal-type for 10 easy to find GR (your ferrari vs civic comparo), but you might trade it for 2-3 slightly less rare shoes (more like trading your Ferrari for a few Porsche). I would definitely consider

There are basically 2 kinds of people who own shoes like Wu Tang Dunks. For one, you have experienced collectors who have extremely deep collections and these kinds of shoes are like the icing on the cake, so to speak. Then, you have folks who pretty much only deal with super expensive stuff - you know, the sneaker version of Euro graff writers who can pieces like crazy with Montana paint, but can't catch a decent looking tag with a Griffin. So, those people probably want the most exclusive stuff they could find. I'm not sure such a trade necessarily makes sense for either type, generally speaking.

Yeah. You have to balance your true "grail" list with what is available and the likelihood of ever getting a chance to get a specific pair. But...

Damn where do you live that the price of a pair of wutang dunks is a mortgage payment?...the price of those would allow me to make at least a few.

Yeah, I was going to say that as well. I have a mortgage myself. And, I've spent a mortgage payment on a pair of shoes before. The Wu Tangs would indeed be several of my mortgage payments. And, I live in NYC!! If Wu were "only" 1 mortgage payment, I probably would have made it a priority to find a pair. I'd happily drop a single mortgage payment on them. :D

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the exact right place for this, not normally an Sb guy although i do like Dunks. Anyways, im trying to grab a pair of the Doernbecher Dunks, the ones designed by Finn Mooney. How much is too much to pay for these??
I think your best bet is eBay. I've seen them go for $100-120

Funny, that was the exact hypothetical I was going to propose.

I don't think I'd do it.

The downside is that the WTCs are just really a goldenrod with a Wu logo stitched on the heal and tongue. But, in terms of being able to replace something, which is often what I think about in regard to trades, I think it's harder to find a Wu dunk than the city series SBs.

Funny, that was the exact hypothetical I was going to propose.

I don't think I'd do it.

The downside is that the WTCs are just really a goldenrod with a Wu logo stitched on the heal and tongue. But, in terms of being able to replace something, which is often what I think about in regard to trades, I think it's harder to find a Wu dunk than the city series SBs.
yeah, I had to think about it for a few minutes, but in the end I wouldn't be able to let go of the Wu-Tang dunks if I had a pair. 

Last edited:
As cool as the WTCs are you gotta ask yourself a)are you willing to drop the bread to have em and b) if you do would you wear em? I understand shoes being grails but I can never see the point of buying kicks just to have on display.

I saw a pair of WTCs on eBay about 3 months ago. THey caught my eye because for one I had never seen a pair for sale and also because I think they were my size. The price was $4-$5k. Now as "rare" as the shoe might be its really not. For one that c/w just came out last year in a dunk high. Also not only has it been made an SB but also a mid and a low. Plus the option to make that C/W is available in nike iD.

I'I'd either look for last years release, previous releases or cough up the $135 to iD it, order or make some Wu patches for the side and do the same for the tongue tag. Yeah it's not the sample but ask yourself is this dunk really worth that cash or giving up X amount of pairs to own.

I saw a pair of WTCs on eBay about 3 months ago. They caught my eye because for one I had never seen a pair for sale and also because I think they were my size. The price was $4-$5k. Now as "rare" as the shoe might be its really not. For one that c/w just came out last year in a dunk high. Also not only has it been made an SB but also a mid and a low. Plus the option to make that C/W is available in nike iD.

I'd either look for last years release, previous releases or cough up the $135 to iD it, order or make some Wu patches for the side and do the same for the tongue tag.

So yall that really have a thing for the WTCs, it seems like you'd be against customizing a pair of golden roads with the WTC logo? Why is that? Just curious

probably cuz I've always been against wearing fakes...

joshua-jackson-shaking-head.gif

As cool as the WTCs are you gotta ask yourself a)are you willing to drop the bread to have em and b) if you do would you wear em? I understand shoes being grails but I can never see the point of buying kicks just to have on display.

I saw a pair of WTCs on eBay about 3 months ago. THey caught my eye because for one I had never seen a pair for sale and also because I think they were my size. The price was $4-$5k. Now as "rare" as the shoe might be its really not. For one that c/w just came out last year in a dunk high. Also not only has it been made an SB but also a mid and a low. Plus the option to make that C/W is available in nike iD.

I'I'd either look for last years release, previous releases or cough up the $135 to iD it, order or make some Wu patches for the side and do the same for the tongue tag. Yeah it's not the sample but ask yourself is this dunk really worth that cash or giving up X amount of pairs to own.

I don't buy shoes with the intent not to rock them, but when you have hundreds of pairs and work an office job, some things wind up not getting worn. Doesn't mean I love them any less than those that do see wear.

It's not just a black and yellow dunk, it's what that shoe represents and it's place in the history of the Nike brand.

BTW, WTCs are truly rare, unlike all these Lebron PEs, which people claim to be rare but are actually produced by the hundreds. These early F&F Dunk collabs - Wu Tangs, Deftones, etc. are confirmed to have very few pairs in existence.

So yall that really have a thing for the WTCs, it seems like you'd be against customizing a pair of golden roads with the WTC logo? Why is that? Just curious

Would you sew a horse on a shirt and call it Polo. Why not buy those Chinese fakes that use "authentic" materials?

If you want to rock Goldenrods just rock em....no need to try and make them into something they aren't.

Exactly. I have my pair of '99 Goldenrods. ...Doesn't diminish my feelings about the Wus though.

Back
Top Bottom