2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I rather buy the IOWA's from the be true to your school pack, a pink box classic than make a ID or stitch some patches on. IOWA's are clean, they have such a buttery suede and aren't too expensive. No need to make it or call it something it's not. The IOWA's/golden rods speak for themselves as a clean sneaker

Last edited:
There are basically 2 kinds of people who own shoes like Wu Tang Dunks. For one, you have experienced collectors who have extremely deep collections and these kinds of shoes are like the icing on the cake, so to speak. Then, you have folks who pretty much only deal with super expensive stuff - you know, the sneaker version of Euro graff writers who can pieces like crazy with Montana paint, but can't catch a decent looking tag with a Griffin. So, those people probably want the most exclusive stuff they could find. I'm not sure such a trade necessarily makes sense for either type, generally speaking.
Yeah. You have to balance your true "grail" list with what is available and the likelihood of ever getting a chance to get a specific pair. But...
Yeah, I was going to say that as well. I have a mortgage myself. And, I've spent a mortgage payment on a pair of shoes before. The Wu Tangs would indeed be several of my mortgage payments. And, I live in NYC!! If Wu were "only" 1 mortgage payment, I probably would have made it a priority to find a pair. I'd happily drop a single mortgage payment on them.
happy.gif
I understand what you're saying- can't speak as to what ammo CM is working with but it all depends what's thrown on the table, right? If you're willing to give up a bunch of stuff that the seller doesn't have, you might get lucky

"Then you have the folks who pretty much deal only with super expensive stuff"    you mean the hypebeasts??

So yall that really have a thing for the WTCs, it seems like you'd be against customizing a pair of golden roads with the WTC logo? Why is that? Just curious
I wouldn't because in the end they aren't WTCs, it's like buying a Chrysler 300 (which looks like a Phantom) and just changing the logo. Just let the shoe be what it is despite the fact that only a Wu logo is added to one. One has the history and one doesn't.

Last edited:
"Then you have the folks who pretty much deal only with super expensive stuff"    you mean the hypebeasts??

Honestly, I try to not even use that word because 99% of the time it's misapplied, IMO. Being a hypebeast is more of a mentality than anything. It's having no core style or preferences. It's buying things to impress others more than to satisfy oneself. But, it's also having stuff that is legitimately sought after - at least that's what it was initially. But, not every shoe that's expensive or rare is hypebeast bait. There are plenty of folks out there who deal predominantly in expensive and rare kicks, but who are super knowledgeable about their niche and have clear passion for it. The perfect hypebeast shoes are those that are rare, or at least perceived as such, but simultaneously super recognizable to everybody - Yeezys, South Beach 8s, Galaxys, etc. A true hypebeast wouldn't be interested in a pair of Deftones because even though they are many times more rare than any of the shoes just mentioned, John Q. Sneakerhead has no idea that they even exist. However, somebody who is just into rare Nikes would very much appreciate something like that. "Expensive sneakers" and "hypebeast material" are like a Venn Diagram. There's a considerable amount of overlap, but there's also a decent amount of shoes in the former's universe that don't inhabit that of the latter.

Last edited:
 There are plenty of folks out there who deal predominantly in expensive and rare kicks, but who are super knowledgeable about their niche and have clear passion for it. 
What I was getting at... this is the type of person much more open to a trade that might not be "even" if you totaled up the BINs on ebay.

edit: I'm assuming we're not dealing with everyday kicks in this "hypothetical trade" ha. If you're looking to trade for WTC, you must have heat you are looking to part with.

Last edited:
anyone got a pic of the new lows with the green laces in em? can't seem to find one anywhere
On a bunk computer right now so can't put the photo in, but you can find one here: 

That's what sold me on them. Mine should be here soon if you need better pics than that, I can scoop some of my own in a few days for you

Whats a reasonable price on Mighty Crown dunks with OG everything? They are VNDS looks to be 9/10 condition, guy wants $140 shipped, trying to work him down to $135.

On a bunk computer right now so can't put the photo in, but you can find one here: 

That's what sold me on them. Mine should be here soon if you need better pics than that, I can scoop some of my own in a few days for you

thanks yeah that is a sick shot even tho they look pretty purple there. If you could post a couple pics w the lace swap when you get em that'd be awesome

Whats a reasonable price on Mighty Crown dunks with OG everything? They are VNDS looks to be 9/10 condition, guy wants $140 shipped, trying to work him down to $135.
Do note you will want to size down .5 for those in comparison to what you wear in SB Dunk High's.

He should come down a bit more. I generally see used pairs of these anywhere from 80-130
Thats what ive been trying to get him to go down too.
From out the box, right into the street.[font=arial, sans-serif]  Skaters Advocate got them to me quick....now I wait for the FTC's.[/font]
Cant wait to get my pair, hows the quality? Usually go 1/2 size up in Dunk Highs for comfort and hopefully can fit my sneaker shields in these.

Cant wait to get my pair, hows the quality? Usually go 1/2 size up in Dunk Highs for comfort and hopefully can fit my sneaker shields in these.
The quality is good, the fit gives some room....so you shouldn't have a problem with using the shields. 

I'd like to see the Brazil's on feet, just to see what the blue (purple?) really looks like.

Finally got a pair of the Entourage dunks after a year of trying to track them down 

I finally got a pair of the gum soled pair. Got em for a decent price as well. Now it's just a waiting game to see if they actually arrive.
Are those Stussy's or Hay/Maple's? Dope either way.
Good eye! They're Euro Hay-Maples. I actually prefer these over Stussy (Ostrich) Highs.

Agreed, I like the hay/maples more too.

Back
Top Bottom