2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I've entertained the though of transitioning to clear containers (front lids) as well, but the price would be steep. Plus I still want to keep my original boxes, which defeats the purpose 
laugh.gif

I've started putting the pairs I wear into clear containers. I still keep the boxes in case I sell them in the future. I just think it's easier to store stuff in my rotation using the containers. It does get costly so I am slowly adding to my supply of them as opposed to buying them all at once. Everyday shoes can stay on my shoe racks while the nicer things in my rotation can go into the containers.

Am I the only one who views a shoe's worth as what the shoe retailed for?

Older shoes are a bit different, but I cant fade paying more $ for a new shoe I missed out on; I'll just take my L and wait for something else to catch my eye.

Last edited:

Older shoes are a bit different, but I cant fade paying more $ for a new shoe I missed out on; I'll just take my L and wait for something else to catch my eye.

Yea nothing wrong with that. Makes sense to be willing to throw in a little more for an older release as opposed to newer.

I've entertained the though of transitioning to clear containers (front lids) as well, but the price would be steep. Plus I still want to keep my original boxes, which defeats the purpose :lol:
This and that. I'm ocd when it comes to my boxes. I love that sneaker store backroom image.

Info from SneakerSteal.
Bugged out Europe didn't get none.

Last edited:
Finally in today, not perfect but at least the inconsistency in the side panels is about the same on both shoes.

Eh. I think you might be alone on this one. Everything in our capitalist world works on supply/demand principles. If you bought a 6 pack of apples and that day the world's supply of apples was destroyed by Cthulhu then your 6 apples would be worth way more than retail. Just the same with everything else, up to and including shoes. You can't buy "that shoe" for retail anymore, so it is just plain illogical to look at it as valued at retail. Birch's SAT for so long and went on disco all over. Now you can't find them for less than $150. Just the way it works. Even if it's a shoe no one wants, the second you can't get it anymore the value goes up.

I almost always sell shoes as I get them in so I'm constantly flipping to buy something else. My collection hovers at right around 30-40 consistently but I've OWNED about 200 different pairs of shoes over the years. The way I see it, I can't even wear 30 shoes a month so why should I own more than that. When I want something new, I flip something old and cop. Rinse and repeat.

I wish I could have that mentality, I just always revert back to "what if I REALLY want to give them a run one more time."... Sucks, but yeah like you I only keep a rotation of maybe 10 at the max and have over 300 pairs in my home.

I do plan to sell some at some point though one I get married and start a family. They'll need the space more than the sneakers LOL.

No, you're not the only one. It's a good model to live by, but it's to each his own really. Some people would rather not go through the headache and struggle and pay more instead of trying to cop through retail.

And plus, WHO actually determines what a shoe is worth? In most cases, retail prices aren't even worth certain shoes. All about how much a shoe is worth to the person wanting them.

I've recently been like you, not wanting to spend more than retail on a sneaker release unless I completely missed the drop (Lance Mountains, $250).

Eh. I think you might be alone on this one. Everything in our capitalist world works on supply/demand principles. If you bought a 6 pack of apples and that day the world's supply of apples was destroyed by Cthulhu then your 6 apples would be worth way more than retail. Just the same with everything else, up to and including shoes. You can't buy "that shoe" for retail anymore, so it is just plain illogical to look at it as valued at retail. Birch's SAT for so long and went on disco all over. Now you can't find them for less than $150. Just the way it works. Even if it's a shoe no one wants, the second you can't get it anymore the value goes up.

My thoughts exactly, just didn't want to get too deep lol.

But yeah, perfect example, Yeezy 2s.

Retail is $250, but if someone was selling for $500 that would be a steal.

A shoe is worth what someone will pay for it. That's about it. Example: say nobody bought the air yeezy for $250. Then Nike marks it down and sells it for $100 and people buy it, then the show is worth $100. That's why the resell market is how it is. People pay the reseller prices. If everyone hated shoes suddenly, then they'd be half price instead of double retail or more.

Has anyone posted this yet? Grape inspired Dunk, don't know the release date. Posted in my local FB SB group.

No, you're not the only one. It's a good model to live by, but it's to each his own really. Some people would rather not go through the headache and struggle and pay more instead of trying to cop through retail.

And plus, WHO actually determines what a shoe is worth? In most cases, retail prices aren't even worth certain shoes. All about how much a shoe is worth to the person wanting them.

I've recently been like you, not wanting to spend more than retail on a sneaker release unless I completely missed the drop (Lance Mountains, $250).
A shoe is worth what someone will pay for it. That's about it. Example: say nobody bought the air yeezy for $250. Then Nike marks it down and sells it for $100 and people buy it, then the show is worth $100. That's why the resell market is how it is. People pay the reseller prices. If everyone hated shoes suddenly, then they'd be half price instead of double retail or more.
Ya'll are kinda missing the point though. This whole "who determines what a shoe is worth?" / "a shoe is only worth what someone will pay" is just a confusing/roundabout way of discussing supply/demand. Whether you got a deal or not is usually determined by how the price you're willing to pay compares to the market value. If there's no demand, there's no reason someone would consider paying above retail because with no demand the shoe is WORTH retail. If demand increases and supply comes down, yes there is some negotiating that can be had, but the market stabilizes itself right around a certain price. As a perfect example, tiffs. I paid $375 shipped for my pair (which is STILL a 470% markup!) but sold them for $500 because the market dictates a pre-owned pair should go for about 600/650. I was personally not willing to pay more than $400, but the shoe is STILL worth 650. This is why someone was willing to pay $500 over 2 months later. What you want to pay and the value of a shoe are two very separate things.

Ya'll are kinda missing the point though. This whole "who determines what a shoe is worth?" / "a shoe is only worth what someone will pay" is just a confusing/roundabout way of discussing supply/demand. Whether you got a deal or not is usually determined by how the price you're willing to pay compares to the market value. If there's no demand, there's no reason someone would consider paying above retail because with no demand the shoe is WORTH retail. If demand increases and supply comes down, yes there is some negotiating that can be had, but the market stabilizes itself right around a certain price. As a perfect example, tiffs. I paid $375 shipped for my pair (which is STILL a 470% markup!) but sold them for $500 because the market dictates a pre-owned pair should go for about 600/650. I was personally not willing to pay more than $400, but the shoe is STILL worth 650. This is why someone was willing to pay $500 over 2 months later. What you want to pay and the value of a shoe are two very separate things.

Absolutely, but I might be wrong but wasn't he saying that the "value" of the shoe should be retail price?

If not, then I'm took that the wrong way.

I completely agree with you, but my point is "value" is dependant on the market. Even if a sneaker retails for $130, but sits and discounts at $70 doesn't mean that the sneaker is still worth $130, because you won't get the same $130 if you try to sell them again.

With the Tiffs, you didn't want to pay more than $400 so to YOU the value wasn't there but market says that was the value was above that. You happen to gamble and beat the odds? LOL.

Value is determined by the market, what you're willing to spend is different (self value).

I do agree with that.

Wouldn't it make more sense to pay a little more upon release if you strike out rather then wait years and still want it then pay even more?

That logic is *** backwards if you really want abd shoe and arent just buying off hype

Many of my shoes are priceless, because I love them. But that doesn't mean they're worth much....

Many of my shoes are priceless, because I love them. But that doesn't mean they're worth much....
But, again, that is PERCEIVED value. I'm talking REAL value. No matter whether you think a DS Tiff Low should be worth $1,000 or not, that is what it is worth. It is NOT worth $65 (retail). Maybe to someone, they perceive the value should be $65 but to people who follow the market, it is valued at one thousand dollars.

Wouldn't it make more sense to pay a little more upon release if you strike out rather then wait years and still want it then pay even more?

That logic is *** backwards if you really want abd shoe and arent just buying off hype
Well, yeah this is why the market price fluctuates so much before and after a release. Before the release, you got people who will pay extra just to not have to wake up the next morning. The day of/after the release, you got the people who struck out and just want the shoe so they'll pay above retail. That's why the rule of thumb is "if you don't sell it in 2 weeks, don't sell it for 2 years" because the value will dip significantly once most people got the pairs they wanted, then come back up again once the shoe starts to become more scarce. 

Oh well guess I don't understand. I value not getting torn apart on a forum so I will bow out. It's just not worth it .

I get what you're saying, but I still follow the market prices as they reflect what everyone else believes the shoe is "worth" no matter what retail originally was. I only buy shoes for retail unless it's an older release. I won't buy into the "hype". If i get a hyped shoe that I wanted for retail then I'm stoked. If not, on to the next. Shoes are shoes and knowing Nike, there will be another release in a couple of weeks that I'll throw my money at. 

I get what you're saying, but I still follow the market prices as they reflect what everyone else believes the shoe is "worth" no matter what retail originally was. I only buy shoes for retail unless it's an older release. I won't buy into the "hype". If i get a hyped shoe that I wanted for retail then I'm stoked. If not, on to the next. Shoes are shoes and knowing Nike, there will be another release in a couple of weeks that I'll throw my money at. 

Yeah, the main problem is that a lot of people get caught up into the "hype" and they miss out on the sneaker at retail. Now they just HAVE to have that sneaker and they're paying $500 for a sneaker just because they fell for the "hype" and not because they actually like the sneaker.

That's where it becomes a problem for the sneaker community.

95% of the market is a bunch of dudes sitting on Nikes thinkin they're a hustler.

If the consumer stopped bending over, the market would collapse and do away with the guys that love money and keep it strictly for the guys that love shoes.

It's unfortunate that we have allowed capitalist vultures to run and define the culture.

/Old man rant

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom