2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

To avoid derailing the thread, I just started collecting SB's last year, man I have been missing out with these!  I have collected upwards of 30 pairs so far, and that number is rising quickly, in fact a break wouldn't hurt, lol.  
laugh.gif

I almost always sell shoes as I get them in so I'm constantly flipping to buy something else. My collection hovers at right around 30-40 consistently but I've OWNED about 200 different pairs of shoes over the years. The way I see it, I can't even wear 30 shoes a month so why should I own more than that. When I want something new, I flip something old and cop. Rinse and repeat.

I almost always sell shoes as I get them in so I'm constantly flipping to buy something else. My collection hovers at right around 30-40 consistently but I've OWNED about 200 different pairs of shoes over the years. The way I see it, I can't even wear 30 shoes a month so why should I own more than that. When I want something new, I flip something old and cop. Rinse and repeat.
I admire your method Dan but my OCD makes that method very difficult.  I have an issue with doing everything to the extreme.  I tend to go all in quickly, sometimes too quickly, but hey, why not?!? Now if I would just take the time to learn how to golf so I can put that equipment to use, lol! 
eyes.gif

I just folded up some Nike SB boxes and put them out for recycling the other day. Don't know why I held onto boxes for shoes I threw away years ago.

1 of my empty pink boxes had a bunch of SB laces in lace bags

Last edited:

I used to do this as well but the older stuff is very my to expensive to buy back and more and more scarce so now I'm just a hoarder

I admire your method Dan but my OCD makes that method very difficult.  I have an issue with doing everything to the extreme.  I tend to go all in quickly, sometimes too quickly, but hey, why not?!? Now if I would just take the time to learn how to golf so I can put that equipment to use, lol! :rolleyes  

I'm this way sometimes as well totally convinced it was because I was poor growing up now if I like it I buy it, all of it.

If this sounds like you (not mindbenda8816 mindbenda8816 in particular) please put money away before you ever see it. Direct deposit into a seperate account and 401k is how I choose to do so

I just folded up some Nike SB boxes and put them out for recycling the other day. Don't know why I held onto boxes for shoes I threw away years ago.

1 of my empty pink boxes had a bunch of SB laces in lace bags

I picked up a box today felt a bit light opened up to about 100 pairs of laces none of them goldenrod though if any one has that color let me know need them for A's games

Come to think of it if anyone has any Kevlar laces they want to dump please contact me

Lol, I do, 401K is on BLAST!!!  I suppose that things will change when I cop the new Cherokee at the end of the year, not having a car payment does help/hinder my progress with the fetish for kicks!!! 
I used to do this as well but the older stuff is very my to expensive to buy back and more and more scarce so now I'm just a hoarder
I'm this way sometimes as well totally convinced it was because I was poor growing up now if I like it I buy it, all of it.

If this sounds like you (not @mindbenda8816 in particular) please put money away before you ever see it. Direct deposit into a seperate account and 401k is how I choose to do so
I picked up a box today felt a bit light opened up to about 100 pairs of laces none of them goldenrod though if any one has that color let me know need them for A's games

Come to think of it if anyone has any Kevlar laces they want to dump please contact me

I admire your method Dan but my OCD makes that method very difficult.  I have an issue with doing everything to the extreme.  I tend to go all in quickly, sometimes too quickly, but hey, why not?!? Now if I would just take the time to learn how to golf so I can put that equipment to use, lol! 
eyes.gif

I tend to do that stuff, too. I won't buy a pair for a month or two then I'll buy $1,000 of kicks in a week, but then I'll sell $500 worth. I guess the difference is that I'm super organized mentally so when I know I don't have the dough I don't spend it and when I know my next few weeks will be tight money-wise, I flip something to make it easier on myself. Case-in-point I just sold my tiff lows yesterday (so sad about that) because I am putting money down on something soon and it will just make my life easier. I see shoes as two things: A) Shoes and B) an investment. If I can always come out on top like I did with my tiffs, I'm happy. I wore em for 2 months and flipped for $125/150 more than I paid. To me, it's like putting money away (I get to enjoy the kicks in the meantime) and when I need it I just flip.

I probably should look into selling off some of my shoes as well but it's hard for me to let go of things I buy. Guess cause I'm not used to doing it outside of car parts lol Think I'll wait and see how this next year goes and make my decision then. Maybe just sell off all my Js as I haven't really even worn them much. Plus I'm mostly SB alligned anyway. :rolleyes

Got my Beijings today. One pair has 2 light panels. Other pair has 2 dark panels. I wanted both to have light panels but after seeing them in person it really doesn't matter what combination of panel coloring you get. The shoe is still very clean.

Got my Beijings today. One pair has 2 light panels. Other pair has 2 dark panels. I wanted both to have light panels but after seeing them in person it really doesn't matter what combination of panel coloring you get. The shoe is still very clean.

Yea mines are all mismatched lol I didn't care though already unds'd em saturday. They are very comfortable too. That came as a surprise.

I probably should look into selling off some of my shoes as well but it's hard for me to let go of things I buy. Guess cause I'm not used to doing it outside of car parts lol Think I'll wait and see how this next year goes and make my decision then. Maybe just sell off all my Js as I haven't really even worn them much. Plus I'm mostly SB alligned anyway. :rolleyes

I should sell my Jordan's. They are in their boxes at my parents house. Last pair I got was the Cool Grey XI's so they are from before the prices went up and quality dropped off. All in very good condition too.

I just can't bring myself to sell them.

I probably should look into selling off some of my shoes as well but it's hard for me to let go of things I buy. Guess cause I'm not used to doing it outside of car parts lol Think I'll wait and see how this next year goes and make my decision then. Maybe just sell off all my Js as I haven't really even worn them much. Plus I'm mostly SB alligned anyway.
eyes.gif
I really look at it from a few angles:

1) What shoes are worth the most / how can I make the most money flipping the fewest # of kicks?

2) In respect to #1 which shoes do I wear the least?

3) What shoes are in the best "Selling" condition?

I really look at it from a few angles:

1) What shoes are worth the most / how can I make the most money flipping the fewest # of kicks?

2) In respect to #1 which shoes do I wear the least?

3) What shoes are in the best "Selling" condition?

Yea just thinking of my closet from your 3 steps. I can already think of a handful of pairs That checkout.

Yea just thinking of my closet from your 3 steps. I can already think of a handful of pairs That checkout.
Exactly, the way I do things weeds out the haves from the have nots (talking bourgeoisie up in this *****) of my collection. Then it makes it easy to discern what needs to go and what can stay. 

I should sell my Jordan's. They are in their boxes at my parents house. Last pair I got was the Cool Grey XI's so they are from before the prices went up and quality dropped off. All in very good condition too.

I just can't bring myself to sell them.

If they're the 2010 Cool Grey, quality had already dropped. You can still make a bit of money selling them, but let's not kid ourselves the stuff they put out post 2005 is not nearly as good as the stuff from the first wave of retros 94-01.

If they're the 2010 Cool Grey, quality had already dropped. You can still make a bit of money selling them, but let's not kid ourselves the stuff they put out post 2005 is not nearly as good as the stuff from the first wave of retros 94-01.
Last JB retros with DECENT quality imo were the 06 IVs

I certainly agree.

The first round of retros were the best in terms of quality. Second round wasn't so horrible. This third round though....bad business. It seems to me: original, first retro, quality dropoff for second retro and beyond.

Back
Top Bottom