2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Bruh, I'm so glad that collab is over and done with. So much hype and thread derailing. :smh:  
You know what I'm glad about? I'm glad to hear from the Don again! Normalcy would be nice. Between the tiff madness and the LM joints, it's been a weird time for the thread.

You know what I'm glad about? I'm glad to hear from the Don again! Normalcy would be nice. Between the tiff madness and the LM joints, it's been a weird time for the thread.
Repped. It's good to see you're still here. And it's good to hear from you as well my dude.

Last edited:

Link to article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpowell/2014/05/21/sneakernomics-are-sneakerheads-important/
Please watch the video as well.

Question #1.) What are your thoughts on the video?

Question #2.) What is your fondest memory of camping out/waiting in line for sneakers?

Question #3.) How do you feel about the idea that younger "sneaker heads" look at sneakers as a necessity instead of a luxury? If so, where could they have learned that from and is that destructive to the community at all?   

Question #4.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB to represent where you grew up (city, neighborhood, state ,ect.) what would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:
1.) Name of dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?
2.) Nickname of dunk?
3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)
4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.
5.) How would it be released?

Q1) The article's writer's credentials are kind of sketchy, and he gets the benefit of "knowing what he's talking about" from the real press world because things are so fast and loose in the world of sneaker news, I honestly wish there were some real journalism going on in this realm, but as is the case in the tech/gaming news world if you bite the hands that feed you, you'll never get a scoop on another story again. Ideally there'd be a separation between the guys writing stories on upcoming releases and people doing critical reviews of what's coming out. Keep it as honest as possible.

Q2) I've never really had a great experience camping/waiting for sneakers, I guess because I got into the hobby kind of late in the scheme of things, it seems like every line I've ever been in is full of people planning on how they're going to spend the money they're going to make from flipping the shoe they're waiting for.

Q3) Man this one is going to be fun to do, I've got a few ideas in my mind on doing something that represents MY ideal view of the city is. Far too many pairs that Nike has done to represent the city end up being just a mishmash of purple/gold/green or black and gold (which I appreciate but want to make this far more special) so I'll edit this once I get it all down out of my head.

but as a preview it's going to be based on the tiles marking street names throughout the city.

Last edited:
Q3) Man this one is going to be fun to do, I've got a few ideas in my mind on doing something that represents MY ideal view of the city is. Far too many pairs that Nike has done to represent the city end up being just a mishmash of purple/gold/green or black and gold (which I appreciate but want to make this far more special) so I'll edit this once I get it all down out of my head.

but as a preview it's going to be based on the tiles marking street names throughout the city.
 I really want to see what you come up with.

Link to article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpowell/2014/05/21/sneakernomics-are-sneakerheads-important/

Question #2.) What is your fondest memory of camping out/waiting in line for sneakers?

Question #3.) How do you feel about the idea that younger "sneaker heads" look at sneakers as a necessity instead of a luxury? If so, where could they have learned that from and is that destructive to the community at all?   

Question #4.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB to represent where you grew up (city, neighborhood, state ,ect.) what would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:
2.) Nickname of dunk?
3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)
Question 1.) I feel like the video was somewhat defensive. I've read the article and while Matt Powell's credentials are somewhat murky, I have to agree with what his "Are sneakerheads important?" article said. As I don't remember the article word for word, I believe his main point was that "sneakerheads" don't represent a major portion of sneaker sales and it's a niche market, therefore "sneakerheads" are unimportant in regards to sneaker sales. Now here's my opinion; I hate the word "sneakerhead" and how it's used. I believe shoes are just a hobby and just represents something we like, kind of like collecting sports cards or comic books. Eventually it'll die down.

Question 2.) I don't have many "fond" memories of camping only bc I've camped less than a handful of times for shoes. I may get upset when I miss out on a shoe but if I miss out then I miss out. I don't like to go out of my way for a certain pair bc in a few weeks or maybe even months, there will be another pair that I really want.

Question 3.) Well, I feel like in today's day, being a "sneakerhead" to younger people mean they have to have the next hottest shoe and be "that guy". I'm only 25 years old, but I've always bought what I liked. Sometimes hype will dictate my like or dislike for a shoe but I never feel like a shoe is a "necessity". I loved the SOMP's, disliked the tiffs and LM.

Question 4.) I don't really have a great idea for this, but I'm from Akron, OH so I feel like if there were to ever be a shoe made after the city, it would have to incorporate something like rubber or tires being the "Rubber Capital of the World". Maybe some type of Goodyear or Firestone/Bridgestone colors. Other things the city are known for are The All-American Soap Box Derby or as most of the world knows, LeBron James. They could do an ode to his high school St. Vincent-St. Mary.

FORMAT:

Space City SB Dunk Highs

2.) Nickname of dunk?

The Space City Dunks AKA NASAs AKA Clutch City AKA 3rd Coast

Leather for the accent portions, in the blue from the NASA logo. Red for the upper using the space suit type materials. Gold and white stars throughout the upper. White stitching. Black sole. Laces to match leather accent. 

H-town, space city. I think most Houstonians would agree that NASA would be the most iconic portion of our city (if not their absolute favorite)

Dropped from LEO with drone guides to the Johnson Space Center. In order to qualify for camping you have to take a ride in the vomit comet.

Damn- homie needs to chill- sounds like an angry female!

But serious- he make some excellent points- yet it gets lost amongst all the whining.

Way too long- would likely be much more interesting to read than to look at his head and listen to that voice for that long.

Sneakernomics article is a load of BS- I'd bet it took all of 3 minutes to write.

Last edited:
Not complaining. I like when threads arent so serious that people start *****ing about off topic. Just an observation.

Half the time I'm the one derailing the thread

Havent been up on this thread daily but i picked these up last week and want to share with you guys, cant wait for my black sb ugly sweater to come in tom

Question #3.) How do you feel about the idea that younger "sneaker heads" look at name brand/high priced sneakers as a necessity instead of a luxury? If so, where could they have learned that from and is that destructive to the community at all?   

FORMAT:
2.) Nickname of dunk?

I rarely have a chance to complete these so I will give it a whirl since I got a lil free time in the office.

1. Didn't watch the vid cuz I'm at work and the internet here is terrible. May get back to this at a later time.

2. I've never camped longer than 3 or 4 hours. TBH my funniest/ most ****** up experience camping was before I left for Nigeria the first time back in 2011. I was spending the night at my EX house and I knew she wanted to spend more time with me but I literally left early just to wait in line at the footlocker down the street from her house for the China Lebron 9s. I told her I was hitting the road early because there was a snow storm expected. Instead I literally waited in line around the corner from her house lol.

3. I worked with kids for like 4 years in various settings. I love talking kicks etc with kids because it was my old heads who really got me into kicks as a kid. I always hated the way some felt they NEEDED every kick. I've had youngins even hit me up for bread all for sneakers. That was when I realized that the love for sneakers is totally different with this generation. I know things change with the times but I never expect my unborn kids to have that mentality about materialistic items.

4. I've lived a couple of places growing up but I've always considered Milwaukee home. I would probably do a Brewers or Bucks colorway Dunk HIGH with a gum sole.

A throwback bucks joint with majority purple and possibly a Green swoosh.

Back
Top Bottom