2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Link to article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpowell/2014/05/21/sneakernomics-are-sneakerheads-important/

Please watch the video as well.

Question #1.) What are your thoughts on the video?

Question #2.) What is your fondest memory of camping out/waiting in line for sneakers?

Question #3.) How do you feel about the idea that younger "sneaker heads" look at name brand/high priced sneakers as a necessity instead of a luxury? If so, where could they have learned that from and is that destructive to the community at all?   

Question #4.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB to represent where you grew up (city, neighborhood, state ,ect.) what would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:

1.) Name of dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?

1.) I'll be honest, I watched about 5 minutes of this video before I turned it off...just got a little dry for me. especially with no rebuttal from powell. But I'm familiar with his forbes article and I have spoken to him a few times, I think some of his data an analysis is really good, but when he throws his business "opinions" out he's a little misguided. Regardless I think he does bring a bit of negativity to the table on the business side of the sneaker world, but I'm not getting a paycheck from Nike or Adidas so I could honestly care less about him lol.

2.) I've camped out for a total of two sneakers in my life. White Cement 4s and Black/Red 1s last December. The white cement 4s were the second JB release post concords, so it got crazy and everyone rushed the finishline door as soon as the mall openend lol. I ended up being 2nd in line, I was happy. Bred 1 release was much different. It was a ticket line up, but it had also snowed in the rural part of PA that I lived in before I moved in school. I figured no one would be out there at 9am...I was wrong. I got there with my lady friend, I was supposed to be the last person to get a shoe (15 pairs, 15 people in line). Only problem is, when I got in the store they told me that there weren't any pairs left. I caused a scene because I was waiting out there for 3 hours, but their DM called me and we're semi cool. But on the real, eff  @RUVILLA  for the way they handled that.I haven't shopped with them since.

3.) As much of a good tool that social media can be, it really did ruin certain aspects of the sneaker thing. With that being said, with young kids being young kids, they haven't matured enough to release that someone will always have more/nicer things them, and that includes shoes. Instead of just enjoying what they have or buying what they like, they'd prefer to compete with others....

4.) WHERE DO I BEGIN?!

I'm from Baltimore but I have also lived in southern maryland, or what's known as the DMV.

Gonna have to think of a dope concept and get back to ya on this one

must of worked 36 hours friday to sunday. missed the thread jump and the aj1 release.   disappointed i missed my chance but life goes on.  congrats to everyone who was able to get a pair or a pack!

must of worked 36 hours friday to sunday. missed the thread jump and the aj1 release.   disappointed i missed my chance but life goes on.  congrats to everyone who was able to get a pair or a pack!
Feel bad about the shoes for ya but peeps have to work. Did about 45 hrs in that span and missed a pack @ retail b/c of it. Life does go on. Ripped for priorities

this has probably been covered already BUT anyone know if BlackSheep mentioned their allocation of the pif's. It's their collab so I would imagine a decent amount to go around but I'm sure there will be way less than the one's going to other SB accounts. I'll definitely take the trip and camp if there's a good chance I can grab that box!

Don't mind the Papa Smurf Pants 
indifferent.gif

The deisgning stores usually get a big load of the store branded shoes. Concepts always has a lot the day of the release, primers were the same way, so i'm willing to bet that store will have enough to go around if you do a little camping.

what im trying to fing out is how much this box set is going to cost, i have a family member going to the store for me, i need to send them amoney order, im guessing 225 should cover it.

Havnt really posted here much but came across something today that I wanted a second opinion on.

Dude I know was trying to sell me his Heineken Lows. He said they were DS but no OG box, and has minor creasing on the leather on the medial side of the shoe. Still factory laced though and with the paper inside the shoe, toebox looks fine.

Here's where things get interesting, he only just realised they are samples, they have a big sample tag on the inside of the shoe and also it says sample on the shoes tag. Understandably he wants a lot more for the shoe now, but what would you say is a fair price?

For those that wanted to see some of my Drawings.
My Friend said that Nice Kicks made a Video and it posted on DXC Website.
It's titled, "DXC LA Little Tokyo Recap by NICE KICKS"
They show some of my drawings at the .30 mark; it's only about a second or two, pretty quick.
Just in case anyone wanted to see them.

Havnt really posted here much but came across something today that I wanted a second opinion on.

Dude I know was trying to sell me his Heineken Lows. He said they were DS but no OG box, and has minor creasing on the leather on the medial side of the shoe. Still factory laced though and with the paper inside the shoe, toebox looks fine.

Here's where things get interesting, he only just realised they are samples, they have a big sample tag on the inside of the shoe and also it says sample on the shoes tag. Understandably he wants a lot more for the shoe now, but what would you say is a fair price?
How much was he offering for them before?

Don't mind the Papa Smurf Pants :stoneface:
Repped for the smurf pants! Lol, nice to see you around again....now if only we could get @Dcypoe81 to come back

what im trying to fing out is how much this box set is going to cost, i have a family member going to the store for me, i need to send them amoney order, im guessing 225 should cover it.
I'm expecting somewhere between $150-$225. The Black UCS from Concepts was $225 IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom