2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Take them to a tailor. If they're worth a damn they'll be able to get it looking how you want and you won't have to cuff unless you actually want to show off the inside of the jean.

I'm a recent convert to the Tao of Tailoring, my first pair of Nudies were basically ruined because of how much I stomped on the cuff, tore a hole through them in a year. Now even when I buy selvedge that's way too long I just bring it to the tailor after I've done a bit of breaking in at home and within a few days I've got my jeans back to my liking. Did it with a pair of http://www.betabrand.com/mens/pants/gray-dress-pant-sweatpants.html these too and I ended up needing to have the waist taken in a bit on those. Best 15 bucks I've spent in a while.

Call me cheap, but I refuse to send more thajn $50 for a pair of jeans.
Shoes have no limit on price, if I really want them.
But I normally stick with Levi's; call me Old School, with Cuff and all.....

Sale rack for sure, but definitely worth picking up at the right price. I hope the consensus of people make the Baohaus an easy pick up, I like the Successful American Dream story behind them and would gladly rock a pair.

@DanVSMan I just swung by my house to grab a lunch and let the dogs out for their afternoon constitutional. Ran into the bedroom to grab a few shots to show you the difference between the selvedge and non selvedge Nudies
Top pair is some Even Stephens, bottom is Grim Tim:

if it doesn't have the end like on the top pair it's not a selvedge pair of jeans because it didn't use denim from the end of the loom. That's not to say that non selvedge is terrible, or that selvedge somehow makes a pair of jeans THE BEST IN THE WORLD, I've had some terrible jeans that were selvedge and most of my favorites are just regular denim, but there is an easily identifiable way to see if it's selvedge. As it is, I need to take a look at their current offerings, I haven't been too happy with their stuff since they discontinued all of my favorite cuts. No more even stephens, baggy bjorns, or regular ralfs. I bought a pair of Grim Tims and I hate how they look on my legs, it's like I'm an overstuffed boudin casing.

Nah, I wouldn't call you cheap, if you like what you like keep rocking it, I keep pairs of Levis in my rotation too. I just learned to appreciate how a jean becomes MY pair after a ton of wear when you buy dry, unwashed denim. Ruins a nice pair of shoes if you're not careful though. Believe me the first time I ordered a pair of expensive jeans I hovered over the order button for hours. Now I tend to just buy 1 pair of denim per year.

And that's a wrap on this denim derail from me.

Sale rack for sure, but definitely worth picking up at the right price. I hope the consensus of people make the Baohaus an easy pick up, I like the Successful American Dream story behind them and would gladly rock a pair.

@DanVSMan I just swung by my house to grab a lunch and let the dogs out for their afternoon constitutional. Ran into the bedroom to grab a few shots to show you the difference between the selvedge and non selvedge Nudies
Top pair is some Even Stephens, bottom is Grim Tim:

if it doesn't have the end like on the top pair it's not a selvedge pair of jeans because it didn't use denim from the end of the loom. That's not to say that non selvedge is terrible, or that selvedge somehow makes a pair of jeans THE BEST IN THE WORLD, I've had some terrible jeans that were selvedge and most of my favorites are just regular denim, but there is an easily identifiable way to see if it's selvedge. As it is, I need to take a look at their current offerings, I haven't been too happy with their stuff since they discontinued all of my favorite cuts. No more even stephens, baggy bjorns, or regular ralfs. I bought a pair of Grim Tims and I hate how they look on my legs, it's like I'm an overstuffed boudin casing.
THAT IS INACCURATE.

NOT EVERY SELVAGE PAIR OF JEANS HAS WHT THE TOP LOOKS LIKE.

FOR EXAMPLE A.P.C. NEW CURES

THAT IS INACCURATE.

NOT EVERY SELVAGE PAIR OF JEANS HAS WHT THE TOP LOOKS LIKE.

FOR EXAMPLE A.P.C. NEW CURES

Just looked those up, you're right. I haven't kept up with APC in a while. What I really want is to blow a lot of money on a pair of Roys.

Take them to a tailor. If they're worth a damn they'll be able to get it looking how you want and you won't have to cuff unless you actually want to show off the inside of the jean.

I'm a recent convert to the Tao of Tailoring, my first pair of Nudies were basically ruined because of how much I stomped on the cuff, tore a hole through them in a year. Now even when I buy selvedge that's way too long I just bring it to the tailor after I've done a bit of breaking in at home and within a few days I've got my jeans back to my liking. Did it with a pair of http://www.betabrand.com/mens/pants/gray-dress-pant-sweatpants.html these too and I ended up needing to have the waist taken in a bit on those. Best 15 bucks I've spent in a while.

There are some nice levi's out there though

mints mints I stand corrected I thought I saw a green stripe but I'll have to take your word for it I'm on mobile and can't select the image for some reason it takes me to the 1st image in the thread

And you def seem to know what you're talking about

Selvage doesn't mean it's any better denim than non selvage just that it is made on an old style loom

hadowajp hadowajp
I missed my chance to try out some of the Lee Selvedge jeans when Target was blowing them out at like 30 bucks a pair, and I'd like to give the Levi's Made and Crafted line a chance. Hell I remember half wanting to see how those jeans that Glenn Beck started flogging fit, I found it funny considering his politics that they were probably made using Union Made sewing machines and priced at a point that'll make his target demographic group's head spin.

AHHHH!

So a brief rant....

Messaged guy yesterday about VNDS WPF. He quotes me $150. Talked down to $140. Ok great. 

Today : Try to set up a time and place. Me: Whats a good place to meet? him: "idk anywhere..." So we pick a spot eventually. 

Next message "what shoes do you want again?"   o.0    WPF...the only ones I asked about.     "Oh, yeah I can't do $150 for those...."

yata yata yata, guy wants way too much. 

long story short, Im salty as hell bc of this moron. 

/rant

Worse is when you actually show up, have decided on a price, and then they say, "Well I'm can't sell them at that price, I want this for them."
I want to smack'm in the face, but then I have to decide if I really want to pay more...which I normally have to do!
What sucks more is when all I have is the Decided price, and then I have to find a bank or somewhere to pull out more money....
What's worse than that, is when they don't want to wait, then I have to leave without the sneaks...WOMP, WOMP, WOMP....

had never owned anything other than levis all my life...until i bought these & fell in love with the way they fell over the top of my kicks.

pretty much the same fit as 510's, dont let that "slim" fool you...

Last edited:

AHHHH!

So a brief rant....

Messaged guy yesterday about VNDS WPF. He quotes me $150. Talked down to $140. Ok great. 

Today : Try to set up a time and place. Me: Whats a good place to meet? him: "idk anywhere..." So we pick a spot eventually. 

Next message "what shoes do you want again?"   o.0    WPF...the only ones I asked about.     "Oh, yeah I can't do $150 for those...."

yata yata yata, guy wants way too much. 

long story short, Im salty as hell bc of this moron. 

/rant

but then I have to decide if I really want to pay more...which I normally have to do!
and this is why they do it.

put your foot down and walk away. I bet half the time they'll call you back for the agreed price, and the other half you just have to find a better seller

hadowajp hadowajp
I missed my chance to try out some of the Lee Selvedge jeans when Target was blowing them out at like 30 bucks a pair, and I'd like to give the Levi's Made and Crafted line a chance. Hell I remember half wanting to see how those jeans that Glenn Beck started flogging fit, I found it funny considering his politics that they were probably made using Union Made sewing machines and priced at a point that'll make his target demographic group's head spin.

I've actually read two of his books and he's a little to right even for me but I wouldn't mind checking them out

Has anyone tried the made for skate levi's I've never even seen them anywhere

We settled for $160. Which I know is still a solid price but damn...

Oh and that was after I agreed to drive all the way up to him and he messaged me saying "Letting u no now dont try and rob me eaither i will **** u up . It's happened before"

Grant me patience NT....

Edit: EFF JOGGERS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom