2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Only reason he didn't sign with the Dodgers was because of no DH. All we gotta do is make a phone call to Hideo Nomo and it's a done deal :pimp:

Call who you want.. :lol:

I don’t think he’d disrespect Angels fans like that out of respect..

We’ll see tho.

Don't do this.

So we're pretending Betts didn't GIDP?

No excuses for Mookie. I love him but he didn’t deliver either

Trout gotta deliver in big spots though. Any athlete, what are you doing when the lights are big? When **** COUNT counts. I feel that way about all athletes in all sports. I agree the angels org sucks but this was his chance to really show out

And I know, some people think being clutch isn’t a thing and what you do in these types of spots don’t matter if the general course of your career in the regular season is great. That’s fair. I’m not gonna try and dissuade anyone from that. Just not for me when people throw out GOAT or one of the greats of all time out there

EDIT: calling him a bum is harsh (and hyperbole). i think that goes without saying...i hope. amazing player, obviously :lol:

Last edited:
Bad thing about Trout Legacy will be his no playoffs or championships won and choking playing for his country. Choker just like Chokeshaw from the Dodgers.

No excuses for Mookie. I love him but he didn’t deliver either

Trout gotta deliver in big spots though. Any athlete, what are you doing when the lights are big? When **** COUNT counts. I feel that way about all athletes in all sports. I agree the angels org sucks but this was his chance to really show out

And I know, some people think being clutch isn’t a thing and what you do in these types of spots don’t matter if the general course of your career in the regular season is great. That’s fair. I’m not gonna try and dissuade anyone from that. Just not for me when people throw out GOAT or one of the greats of all time out there

LET ME ADD....

calling him a bum is harsh (and hyperbole). i think that goes without saying...i hope. amazing player, obviously :lol:

Last edited:
Damn some high level sports entertainment tonight.

Ohtani vs. Trout with the WBC on the line.

Wish I could've watched it live.

The Angels have wasted Trout's entire career. I doubt Ohtani let's that happen to himself.

Trout is obviously on the decline, but we can't pretend his prime was ho hum. Angels absolutely wasted it on CRITICAL roster/payroll errors. Pujols (10/$240, 2011), Cozart, Upton (5/$106, 2017), Torii, Rendon (7/$245, 2019), Freese, Cahill/Quintana/Harvey, Josh Hamilton (5/$125, 2012)... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Nah, Ohtani knows what's up. Dude is out of Anaheim after this season.

Still disappointed in these, but I’m copping. Can’t believe they didn’t go with the Sunday Blue’s with shades of gold in place of the tequila sunrise and gold numbers and lettering.
The gold program is only designated for the home uni. Not an alternate.

These games got so much coverage and hype that I’ll actually be shocked if some our best pitchers don’t play in the next one. Especially since US lost.

That's what I was thinking. Really the only weak spot of the team, but still...they only gave up 3 yesterday. Bats disappointed.

And I don't know which pitchers of the lot will both sacrifice their precious ST schedule to ramp up much earlier and their respective team allowing them to pitch.

Trea Turner’s final WBC stats: .391/.440/1.043 (1.483 OPS), 5 HR, 11 RBI​

Last edited:
I wonder what the outcome would have been if the U.S. took it as seriously as all the other participants. The pitchers that repped team U.S. clearly weren’t their best.

Back
Top Bottom