2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Well, how will that work out for owners concessions wise over time? :nerd:

Hour or so less time to sell adds up to quite a bit of revenue, no? Wonder if they'll be ok with that trade off. 🤔
been wondering the same thing. End of year numbers for concessions gonna be down everywhere you would imagine.

Especially beer sales at places like dodger stadium that stop serving in the 7th inning. You have 40-45 minutes less to drink.

Also, wouldn’t it affect tv too? I would imagine commercial spots cost more during a game vs not during a game. So will this affect tv deals? 30 minutes less of tv/commercials x 162 sounds like a lot.

been wondering the same thing. End of year numbers for concessions gonna be down everywhere you would imagine.

Especially beer sales at places like dodger stadium that stop serving in the 7th inning. You have 40-45 minutes less to drink.

Also, wouldn’t it affect tv too? I would imagine commercial spots cost more during a game vs not during a game. So will this affect tv deals? 30 minutes less of tv/commercials x 162 sounds like a lot.

I've been in many a line having to watch at-bats on the TV monitors in the concourses waiting to get a Dodger Dog. hearing the crowd roar when your back is turned to the action sucks lol.

they gotta have vendors roaming the stands with beer/dogs for it to work out financially. No one buying ice cream or peanuts next to me in the cheap seats, come on Stan.

I don’t know. I was at an astros game this past weekend and the concourse/concessions areas was flooded with ppl throughout the actual inning. Like ppl weren’t waiting until after middle/end of an inning to go get something. It was nonstop ppl moving up and down the aisles during innings. It was kind of irritating trying to watch. I think it’s forcing ppl to go more often.

I don’t know. I was at an astros game this past weekend and the concourse/concessions areas was flooded with ppl throughout the actual inning. Like ppl weren’t waiting until after middle/end of an inning to go get something. It was nonstop ppl moving up and down the aisles during innings. It was kind of irritating trying to watch. I think it’s forcing ppl to go more often.

huh wow I would've assumed it'd be the opposite. like I'd try to hold it in as much as possible lol or wait until the road team is batting.

huh wow I would've assumed it'd be the opposite. like I'd try to hold it in as much as possible lol or wait until the road team is batting.
Yea I was shocked. The lines pregame were kind of crazy too. Definitely picked up quicker than usual.

Used this at the stadium for the first time today. The Din Tai Fung potstickers and baos threw me off, and the selection of canned beer/seltzers was pretty damn good.

EXACTLY what I hit last night - my seats are one section over from where you were today!

Yea I was shocked. The lines pregame were kind of crazy too. Definitely picked up quicker than usual.
I want to make a comment about Astros fans not knowing how to act with their newer-found success, but I know it’ll just come back on the Rangers sucking for pretty much ever.

I want to make a comment about Astros fans not knowing how to act with their newer-found success, but I know it’ll just come back on the Rangers sucking for pretty much ever.
Bruh it’s been unbearable here. Like where was all this talk using the 3 consecutive 100 loss seasons? Couldn’t get anyone to the games. Could hardly get ppl to the games in the seasons leading up to 2017. It’s such a fare weather city with most of the teams here. lol

Bruh it’s been unbearable here. Like where was all this talk using the 3 consecutive 100 loss seasons? Couldn’t get anyone to the games. Could hardly get ppl to the games in the seasons leading up to 2017. It’s such a fare weather city with most of the teams here. lol

Rockets are bottom 3 in attendance this season - hit the nail on the head

You never know what floorboard those cockroaches are gonna come out from. As g-time g-time said, those dudes never remember they were the worst team in all of baseball for many seasons before starting this run.
As someone who used to go to the games even during the low points, who really cares about this though? Let people enjoy things. I used to hate fair weather fans when I was younger but it's really not that serious. Almost every city/fanbase is like this.
Rockets are bottom 3 in attendance this season - hit the nail on the head
Even when the Rockets were good, people didn't really fill the seats. Would constantly see the lower bowl empty even on national TV games. They had trouble getting attendance even during the playoffs. Basketball is third place to football and baseball here.

Side note, I don't even get why people would want to spend money on Texans games to watch a trash product/ownership (though it's trending up now).

Because it’s not really like that any where else. Majority of teams have loyal fan bases that attend games and show support. Except with the A’s but there are multiple reasons behind that.

Look at the Cubs. Known as lovable losers until 2016 and Wrigley had pretty solid attendance. Fenway had a sellout streak and a couple years during that they had losing records.

Houston only shows out when their team is good or it’s playoff time. That’s how it’s been since I’ve been here and I’ve been here since ‘90. I’ve attend multiple games when the Yankees or Sox, hell even the Rangers when they were good, we’re sellouts and 60% opposing teams fans 40% Astros fans.

Because it’s not really like that any where else. Majority of teams have loyal fan bases that attend games and show support. Except with the A’s but there are multiple reasons behind that.

Look at the Cubs. Known as lovable losers until 2016 and Wrigley had pretty solid attendance. Fenway had a sellout streak and a couple years during that they had losing records.

Houston only shows out when their team is good or it’s playoff time. That’s how it’s been since I’ve been here and I’ve been here since ‘90. I’ve attend multiple games when the Yankees or Sox, hell even the Rangers when they were good, we’re sellouts and 60% opposing teams fans 40% Astros fans.

Wrong. The majority of fanbases only show up when times are good. Tune into most mediocre and bad teams' games and their ballparks look cavernous. The Cubs and the Red Sox are outliers, suffering is built into their identities.

Wrong. The majority of fanbases only show up when times are good. Tune into most mediocre and bad teams' games and their ballparks look cavernous. The Cubs and the Red Sox are outliers, suffering is built into their identities.
They have fair attendance at most. Even at teams in mid level markets.

on a separate but similar note, i wonder how these pitch clock rules will impact attendance. it's def nice being out in under 3 hours on weeknight games

Back
Top Bottom